Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cack

Grandmaster
what needs to happen is a change in the current buy back system.
keep it pretty much the way it is, but make a reason for the blue noob to actually NEGOTIATE to get paid for the head.. because again, at this point everyone just insta stats knowing they get paid either way and it shouldn't be that way.

you wanna get paid for a red's head? it should ONLY come from the red. if you insta stat, you shouldn't get a damn thing.

also, the only people that should be able to cut up bodies of reds should be someone that dealt damage. i can't tell you how many times my head got cut by a random stealther/thief/random person running past and instantly turned in.. all the rekt scrubs have recall spots right to the head collector.
agreed on the stat loss or payment...ffs how did it become both?
disagree on the only ppl who dealt damage can cut. first youre red my man, youre freely attackable anywhere so should your head be freely cuttable by anyone or body be looted by anyone. come one now. Is this really that big of a deal?(serious question)

Lexington

Grandmaster
so because your "rl time" (aka your wife that controls everything you do) doesn't allow you to safely play in a guild, the game should be changed for you?
nah.

Why so much hate... you don't know a single thing about my life.... and if you're just trying to be the next Old Azz on the forms... give up cause you'll never hold a candle to him.

halygon

Grandmaster
reds and oranges likewise shouldnt be able to enter houses once they were attacked, and should suffer from mount stamloss. The only way to survive should be via a gate or by casting recall (if not crim).
I was referring to the fact that if ONLY factioner's had stamina loss, then non-factioners would have a field day with them.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I assure you not everyone, including myself was spamming anything. Perhaps some were trying to see if they could recover what little wasn't looted.

So salty lately Karl.

If someone doesn't see there's an issue then they are d-e-n-s-e. I get you defending your guild. This isn't about EQMS. This is about the red system and how to balance it.

I'm salty? The only thing salty is the river of blue tears in this thread.

Lexington is literally saying the staff should get on god mode characters so they can come kill all EQMS. Disgusting.

A bunch of people are calling for no reds In factions, weird fucking game mechanics (reds get stat when they enter dungeons?? WTF.).

Thank fucking christ adam and Shane are setting up a group to counter EQMS instead of just dropping the nerf hammer with some of these idiotic ideas.

I see there is an issue, but it's not from the reds. It's from blues thinking it's going to work out for them if they res and run into a swarm of reds who are killing everything they see. And then they get mad that they die? What a joke. You want to come loot your body? Fuck that you're gonna die. Wait till we are gone or just go restock and accept the loss. Certainly don't get all salty about it.

And balance the red system? How many times is it going to have to be balanced? This conversation has been repeated so many times since launch and almost every time the result is more limitations on playstyle, more punishment for reds, and no change in how much blues cry about being pkd.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Lexington is literally saying the staff should get on god mode characters so they can come kill all EQMS. Disgusting.

That's not what I said... a few days back with EQMS and you've gone off the deep end. Maybe you never played game when the OSI game masters rolled on a toon and the whole shard basically banded against them? Was good stuff. That's what I meant when I referred it to factions. I never said anything about EQMS. Damn you guys are sensitive??

Honestly thought it would give you some good fights.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
It would be awesome to see the staff play TB. It would be even better if they played on god like characters and rolled as the enforcer faction.

You know what would give us good fights? More people in faction and less people crying.

Ps I never left the deep end ;)

E: I always feel this strongly about nerfs to playstyles.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Why is it so hard for people to make friends? Surely if a loser like me can make friends on UOF others could do the same?

Lexington

Grandmaster
You know what would give us good fights? More people in faction and less people crying.

Ps I never left the deep end ;)

E: I always feel this strongly about nerfs to playstyles.

You get the staff to play and I'll join up to fight against them for sure... it would be epic!!

Fuzzy

Apprentice
How about set up a system that grants rewards for guilds declaring war on each other? Kind of like factions, but different. Change up PvP make something rare happen if giant groups are fighting each other and only under those circumstances. Perhaps make a boss spawn?

No idea, but this problems is workable. I used to play OSI uo and started playing exclusively on Seige Perilous because I came to crave the danger. We need blue PVMers and red PKs. There has got to be a middle area of mutual agreement.

BTW OSI went bye bye because ebay refused to let anyone sell virtual items anymore. One of the only reasons I play here is because we don't have to contend with that ebay crap.

Have a nice day :)

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I don't see it as a nerf... I see it as adding risk which adds excitement. That's really why we play this 18 year old game isn't it?

In specifically referring to suggestions like restricting reds from joining factions. That is nerfing a playstyle.

I'm all for a reasonable discussion about statloss mechanics, as long as it's set in 2015 not 2000.

Player. Driven. Solutions.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I'm salty? The only thing salty is the river of blue tears in this thread.

A bunch of people are calling for no reds In factions, weird fucking game mechanics (reds get stat when they enter dungeons?? WTF.).

Thank fucking christ adam and Shane are setting up a group to counter EQMS instead of just dropping the nerf hammer with some of these idiotic ideas.

I see there is an issue, but it's not from the reds. It's from blues thinking it's going to work out for them if they res and run into a swarm of reds who are killing everything they see. And then they get mad that they die? What a joke. You want to come loot your body? Fuck that you're gonna die. Wait till we are gone or just go restock and accept the loss. Certainly don't get all salty about it.

And balance the red system? How many times is it going to have to be balanced? This conversation has been repeated so many times since launch and almost every time the result is more limitations on playstyle, more punishment for reds, and no change in how much blues cry about being pkd.

If PVP can change a person from what once was, to this, I am so glad I never really bothered with it. Going from what I have read, many people must be seriously suffering from personality disorders from so much frustration.

You talk about blues crying so much, but check out the amount of tears coming from the big, bad scary Player killers here. Surely, contradictory posts like this are better suited to the flames section of the forums. No offense man ;-).

Status
Not open for further replies.