Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Wainwright

Apprentice
I think the recall / gate restrictions for larger packs would be a fairly easy coding first start at fixing larger pack issues.

I like the idea of the map showing where murders occur. Right now for instance I am seeing interesting combat in Destard with the increased activity there in that blues are fighting back against the random 1-2 pkers. People are running around the dungeon fighting or running to someone close by who then lends a helping hand. The system that shows pinpoints of murders may lend itself to where you get a helping hand from time to time and a reward for those people that do that. I have a mage that I would think this would be very fun to try out.

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
I'd rather be a * that exercises intelligent thought than an imbecile with a heart of gold, it just so happens I strike a pretty good balance.

While you gave no indication just how long you have been playing UO, Mr. Puffy, I think it's safe to say that regardless of how well you understand game mechanics you don't have a great handle on what makes a free server of a nearly two decades old game successful. There's a difference between surviving and thriving, my friend.

There are plenty of good points being made from both sides. More for blues than for PKs, that is pretty clear. I urge you to re-read the thread and try your absolute damnedest to put your bias aside. It won't change your stance, but you just might feel a little more foolish.

This is a polarizing topic and with any discussion on topics such as this you're going to have passionate stances from both sides. I'm proud to say that I have aligned with members of the community that are much more eloquent and capable of creative thought than the members that would prefer to shit where they eat.

Not all PKs are button mashing meatheads, but it sure seems the more vocal ones are.

GG.

P.S. lol @ Patriots avatar.

Which good points have you made, just to be clear? And as far as being intelligent, your constant need to lower yourself to the level of the people your saying your so clearly above shows your maturity. *? Really? Thats intelligence? Come on now?

And the patriots are the best, Im sure your just sour because your team has been irrelivant the last decade.

And how long have you been playing? Im going to take a guess and say you never played on a server before this one. And if you did it wasnt one of the original. Just the way you cry shows that you havnt played through trammel or you would still be there playing.

Lowell! L2P man, not everything can be easy and just handed to you?

Cack

Grandmaster
good para field.... i remember last night when hendrix died and you guys had 7 left and scattered, are you guys unable to fight without Marley?
this is polarizing thinking...youre either good or evil, a man or a *****, with me or against me...etc.
this is not a good way of thinking as most people fall into the grey middle area on all subjects like this. classifying ppl as either A or B is oversimplification(Not for you gluttony but lets spell it out hooked on phonics kids...o-ver-simp-lif-i-ca-tion).
I think a player who is able to PVE is better than a sole pvper who cant do anything else or a sole pvmer that cant do anything else or crafter or blacksmith. You get the point.
But yea man...lessblack and white thinking...more "grey" thinking would solve this issue in an hour.

Cack

Grandmaster
I hate you all.

It's 2015 and you nerds still don't play reds.... Stop smoking pixel crack it's bad fo yo helf
agreed...to a point as i see all kinds of reds with all kinds of blessed cloths? Whats up with that?

Cack

Grandmaster
I find that players will fight back if its one blue vs one red...I have absolutely no problem with this senario or even 2 vs. 1 or even the occasional 5 man flame strike up the ass with an occasional ebolt to a troll in the area gank. Those are funny, especially the troll part. However...anything over 5 men and consistently is the same thing over and over again. a failure to develop, progress, or advance: stagnation

Stagnation i read last page kills servers. This is absolutely true. No one denies this. The current situation has the ability to launch this server into stagnation and you could see a situation like uoforever, at least a few years ago, where staff have to bribe players to play with neon useless ugly shit pixels.
I would really not like to see this or even anything close to this happen here.
Point is some sort of compromise has to be reached.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Which good points have you made, just to be clear? And as far as being intelligent, your constant need to lower yourself to the level of the people your saying your so clearly above shows your maturity. *? Really? Thats intelligence? Come on now?

And the patriots are the best, Im sure your just sour because your team has been irrelivant the last decade.

And how long have you been playing? Im going to take a guess and say you never played on a server before this one. And if you did it wasnt one of the original. Just the way you cry shows that you havnt played through trammel or you would still be there playing.

Lowell! L2P man, not everything can be easy and just handed to you?
The NFL sucks. NCAA all day.

I played UO:R era OSI, Chesapeake. I always lived in and spent my entire time in Fel.

But seriously. On the real. You have made no contribution to this thread and you look absolutely foolish.

I'm not gonna spoon feed you the relevant points made in this thread. You're a big boy. You can read. You can unlock the power of your mind, I have faith in you!

Cack

Grandmaster
The NFL sucks. NCAA all day.
nfl sucks...yes cuz its becoming more and more like vince mcmahon is running it every year
ncaa...whats the point 95% of those guys will be working a joe's all you can eat eatery after they graduate, i.e. will never make the nba.

oh and take this ya jerk....
Just like a regular day on uof huh?

Bromista

Grandmaster
What I like about the NCAA is that the players are hungrier than NFL players. More drive, more passion, etc. Not 100% across the board of course, but in NCAA there are no players content to merely coast and collect a paycheck because they've made it.

Just hard work and dedication for something they love, in hopes that they may one day make it and collect that paycheck :p

Again, not to say that all pros can't be replaced or don't work for their money. Not by a long shot.

Cack

Grandmaster
hey man thats a good reason. once you get that multi mil contract you are less hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.