Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It's not like that now.... you're not out for two days. You're not out at all.

There is nothing hard about being blue... aside from that damn time you need to level metas.

Hey... I'm not looking to ruin your fun... but if you're scared of consequences this isn't the game for you.

What do you mean you're not out at all? If you get statted, you cannot play for upto 2 full days. Ive had plenty of people in EQMS not able to play anymore because they only have 1 character -- not everyone sits on UO all day and has mils upon mils.

Lexington

Grandmaster
yea, removing reds from factions by force is definitely going to improve faction PVP.

Have you played Ultima Online before, Lexington?

We'll I just answered the question. Do you have another way to keep factions fighting factions?

And yes.. I've played every aspect of UO aside from an archer. :)

Lexington

Grandmaster
What do you mean you're not out at all? If you get statted, you cannot play for upto 2 full days. Ive had plenty of people in EQMS not able to play anymore because they only have 1 character -- not everyone sits on UO all day and has mils upon mils.

Seriously, how many systems are out there to keep you from getting stated? If you get stated now it's because you made the choice too.

K A Z

Grandmaster
We'll I just answered the question. Do you have another way to keep factions fighting factions?

And yes.. I've played every aspect of UO aside from an archer. :)

Factions will always fight other factions first. If you want less faction reds in Dungeons I'd suggest joining a Faction with your trammel guild. The thing with consensual PVP is that there are only so many groups on a Shard that are up to it - for the times they're not online one has to be red in order to create PVP (red vs. blue at the bridge, massive fights at champ spawns, Shame5/Deceit5 madness). Finally luring an asian group to play on UOF would also help with Factions.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Seriously, how many systems are out there to keep you from getting stated? If you get stated now it's because you made the choice too.

Not sure what this means? If you dont get statted it means you paid 35k+. So you either pay at minimum 35k or you cant play for 2 days -- if you die as a blue you res.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Factions will always fight other factions first. If you want less faction reds in Dungeons I'd suggest joining a Faction with your trammel guild. The thing with consensual PVP is that there are only so many groups on a Shard that are up to it - for the times they're not online one has to be red in order to create PVP (red vs. blue at the bridge, massive fights at champ spawns, Shame5/Deceit5 madness). Finally luring an asian group to play on UOF would also help with Factions.

Hey you win..... things must be perfect right now. That's why the owner of the shard replied to the thread with concerns.

To me consensual PVP and Pking are two separate things. No one is stopping you from doing both. If it was up to me though, I would force you to play two different characters to do so... but you can rest assured that wont happen because it isn't up to me. :) I see factions as honorable PVP where you actually fight for something.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Not sure what this means? If you dont get statted it means you paid 35k+. So you either pay at minimum 35k or you cant play for 2 days -- if you die as a blue you res.

Come-on... how many safe zones are there to keep Pk's protected from stat loss. Reds these days have no idea what it's like to play with risk! It's a shame.. the adrenalin that come with it is awesome!

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Come-on... how many safe zones are there to keep Pk's protected from stat loss. Reds these days have no idea what it's like to play with risk! It's a shame.. the adrenalin that come with it is awesome!

If u played a red recently you would quickly find out the solo pking these days turns into 1 farmer dying calling in 5+ blues blocking off dungeon exits, ganking the fuck out of said red and insta statting him.

you wonder why they want to abuse no stat rules and zergs? there u have it

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

these safe zones are PVP zones -- if you go into the PVP zone its not being PKd, its PVPing.

I'd say the risk of not being able to play for 48hours if you die is more adrenaline inducing than anything a blue can experience.

Lexington

Grandmaster
If u played a red recently you would quickly find out the solo pking these days turns into 1 farmer dying calling in 5+ blues blocking off dungeon exits, ganking the fuck out of said red and insta statting him.

you wonder why they want to abuse no stat rules and zergs? there u have it

I never said the current system works... That's my whole point!

With the short and long term count system as long as you macro regularly to keep your short term counts below the threshold you can go out and die with out fear of being stated. That said, with all of us having more then one account and being experts at AFK doc sitting, I'd think this would be a much better system for the solo Pk.

God.RG

Grandmaster
You're opinion is valid for sure.

Honestly Sky, the only way to keep faction players fighting faction players is to restrict factions to non-reds. You'll have to force them to fight orange other wise we have what we currently have.
you became a full blow dumbass when you used the word "restrict."
you seem to forget that this is a SANDBOX game with little to no RESTRICTIONS on what you can and can't do.

you've posted before that you don't like playing with other people/guilds.. ok, that's fine. you do that.. but be prepared to die to the ones that do.

Lexington

Grandmaster
why is @Lexington even worried about this?
he must be soooo bothered when he loses 2k in regs/armor. maybe 15-20 max in SS for his pets when he dies.

Why.... because my love for this game was as a true solo PK.

I die at least 10 to 1 from my own mistakes compared to Pks... so you're way of track God.RG

God.RG

Grandmaster
I would rather whatever system is put in place reward successful opposition of the group of reds by making their deaths mean something vs an outright server controlled limit or cap put on reds like this.

Right now when say fighting the zerg at the W Brit bridge we have been able to drop reds in the zerg but it being no cut and the price of heads being such that it is for most reds dropping one or two does nothing to stop the zerg. Even if we wiped them that would net maybe a 10 min reprieve as they re-regged/restocked.

I want a way for a group of blues to stop a group of reds for a period of time. if you want to pvp all the time, go factions. If you are red it is b/c you are killing people who don't want to pvp you and that is fine but there needs to be consequences when you finally do die, be it to the provo tamer who turned the paragon titan's wrath your way or the group of blues out hunting you. I would even prefer it if a reds death was cause by an opposing faction there was no penalty, b/c in that case the death was caused by someone who permanently declared they wanted to fight you. But when casual players decide to fight back against the zerg/experienced pk's their efforts should not be in vain even in success.
you wanna stat reds? stay away from guardzone, nub.
you're simply another blue vulture that runs back and forth from guardzone, calling it "pvp."

no stat zone is there for a reason.. to CREATE pvp. not DESTROY it by statting those that are willing to give you some action (that you're obviously scared of, seeing as you only fight there and not in factions or dungeons)

it's hilarious to me when people like you and deriz/rekt use the terms "pvp" and "statloss" in the same breath.

Lexington

Grandmaster
you became a full blow dumbass when you used the word "restrict."
you seem to forget that this is a SANDBOX game with little to no RESTRICTIONS on what you can and can't do.

you've posted before that you don't like playing with other people/guilds.. ok, that's fine. you do that.. but be prepared to die to the ones that do.

I never knew you were such a fan to remember my posts.... I'll be honest it doesn't go both ways.

It's not that I don't like guild play or others.... my RL doesn't permit the time.

Sorry this really isn't about me, even tho you'd like it to be.

Cack

Grandmaster
6 other reds on other accounts/same account ;)

God.RG

Grandmaster
what needs to happen is a change in the current buy back system.
keep it pretty much the way it is, but make a reason for the blue noob to actually NEGOTIATE to get paid for the head.. because again, at this point everyone just insta stats knowing they get paid either way and it shouldn't be that way.

you wanna get paid for a red's head? it should ONLY come from the red. if you insta stat, you shouldn't get a damn thing.

also, the only people that should be able to cut up bodies of reds should be someone that dealt damage. i can't tell you how many times my head got cut by a random stealther/thief/random person running past and instantly turned in.. all the rekt scrubs have recall spots right to the head collector.

God.RG

Grandmaster
I never knew you were such a fan to remember my posts.... I'll be honest it doesn't go both ways.

It's not that I don't like guild play or others.... my RL doesn't permit the time.

Sorry this really isn't about me, even tho you'd like it to be.
so because your "rl time" (aka your wife that controls everything you do) doesn't allow you to safely play in a guild, the game should be changed for you?
nah.

Lexington

Grandmaster
also, the only people that should be able to cut up bodies of reds should be someone that dealt damage. i can't tell you how many times my head got cut by a random stealther/thief/random person running past and instantly turned in.. all the rekt scrubs have recall spots right to the head collector.

I'll agree %110 with this statement!

Status
Not open for further replies.