New Stealable Rare Locations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidX

Grandmaster
its easy once u know the timers in general stop acting like u put in a lot of work for a rare that sits in 1 place. with a timer thats no more than a week.
What was the last monthly you stole or what was the last undiscovered rare you found?

I play with 3-4 other rares hunters and we collaborate every single day, do rounds together, track spreadsheets and share spawn times/spots. And we still miss some. So yes it does take a lot of work.

I'm sure you have quite a few rares in your place, where do you think they came from?

So apparently running around every tile of the world stealing every single item is easy.. then keeping the spot private and monitoring the timers.. ok..

P.S. yes once you know the timers in general it's easy, but you missed my whole point. Finding the timers involves a ton of work.. first you have to find the rare, then come back every single day after the first 3 days until it spawns again and HOPE you get it again. Then you have a spawn window to work with. If ANYONE else finds that rare on the respawn, the timer remains a mystery. Finding timers is a royal *****.

I could say playing a mage on UOF is easy because once you get used to it and running a dozen Steam macros, it's easy. But no, there is a lot of pre-work involved. Same shit.

I'm just telling it like it is.. I feel like a lot of people will buy this set and think they can just recall around getting a bunch of shit. Unfortunately it's not like that.. there are a select few hardcore stealable rare hunters who literally track spawn spots multiple times a day for hours, recording spreadsheets, etc. Competing with that is going to be hard. Sure you may get lucky and find one a week or so, but the reality of it is that 99% of the people who would buy this set will find nothing other than a couple dailys unless you seriously dedicate yourself and start tracking what is stolen and when, even if it was stolen by someone else.

I'm all for having more rares hunters, but people need to understand what it really takes to get these rares. In my crew alone we have a few people from all over, so naturally we're on pretty much around the clock in some capacity. And stealables is all we really do on UOF. We're not the only ones.

It's definitely possible to make a shitton of gold from these but it just takes pretty much constant dedication. Bradley and his crew found quite a few of the higher-end ones but this entire post is a sign of how frustrating it is when you lose track of timers.. he pretty much threw in the towel and is now just selling spots instead.

Bruh all you have to do is be the first person to find a rare that can be stolen and then check back on it a couple of times daily in order to get the spawn time and keep track of the times.

It's not as difficult as you make it sound and it's as easy as just setting up an Excel spreadsheet.

The hardest part is being the first person to find a rare that can be stolen, after that it's really easy work.

And honestly that boils down to being lucky enough to be around when the rares were implemented and having the time to go searching as soon as the rares went live.

For the people who joined after the rares went live, they have absolutely no chance of ever participating in rare hunting.

SidX

Grandmaster
Bruh all you have to do is be the first person to find a rare that can be stolen and then check back on it a couple of times daily in order to get the spawn time and keep track of the times.

It's not as difficult as you make it sound and it's as easy as just setting up an Excel spreadsheet.

The hardest part is being the first person to find a rare that can be stolen, after that it's really easy work.
Yes but 90+% of the rares have already been found.. you people are missing my point.

Every rare in these runebooks has been found already so they are already being watched. The timers for every single one are known.

So anyone who buys these books is going to have a hard time getting anything for months.. all I'm saying. It's possible to buy this set and run the rares market, definitely. But few people will put that time in.

Yes but 90+% of the rares have already been found.. you people are missing my point.

Every rare in these runebooks has been found already so they are already being watched. The timers for every single one are known.

So anyone who buys these books is going to have a hard time getting anything for months.. all I'm saying. It's possible to buy this set and run the rares market, definitely. But few people will put that time in.

At the very least it will allow people to try and compete because they will know where the locations are.

Without at least knowing where they spawn, no one would even have a chance of participating in rare hunting on this shard.

ScottieBly

Grandmaster
Then why did you get into stealable rares?

That's how it works since we all knew from the first night the timers were randomized. You want the goods, you put the time in and make it worth your time. Nothing new here.

The fact that I saw not a single person from any of the people in your crew for the past month at any of the spots shows your team just isn't putting the time in. You can't really ***** and moan because you lost track of the timers and can't find anything now.

Our team got pretty much all of the high end spawns this past week and now you make this post, lol. I mean good luck with the sale, obviously no laws against selling spots. But buyer beware it's gonna be a ***** ever finding a single one of these before we get them unless you have a team collaborating.
Sorry but that's not how it works. You have a guildie with no fucking integrity that hand out books that people trusted him with after everyone's agreements were made. But whatever I called it before it happened.

Personally, I think the shard should have rotating rare sets that they implement every quarter of the year.

20 Rares that spawn January - March
20 Rares that spawn April - June
20 Rares that spawn July - September
20 Rares that spawn October - December

Each rare has a different location every quarter so every 3 months it's a new fresh race to see who can find what.

It would take a little planning but 3 months is plenty of time to figure out what new items you'd like to implement, which old items you'd like to recycle, timer and new locations.

I really don't see what would be so difficult and time consuming about planning and setting 20 rares every 3 months that it couldn't be done.

That's just the basic premise. If 3 months is to much of a commitment then make it every 4 months or 6 months. Hell once a year have a new set of rares that spawn in different locations.

That way everyone has a chance to participate once a period of time has passed a new round of rares have spawned.

You can make an event out of it in game and get more people involved.

SidX

Grandmaster
Sorry but that's not how it works. You have a guildie with no fucking integrity that hand out books that people trusted him with after everyone's agreements were made. But whatever I called it before it happened.
I know who you're talking about and I'll admit I asked him for a few of your spots and he did NOT budge. Ones like the tall candle and saddle he absolutely would not share and said you all had an agreement to get one each before sharing externally. I found a couple of your exclusives on my own by accident, i.e. gold ingots, just by doing rounds.

Personally, I think the shard should have rotating rare sets that they implement every quarter of the year.

20 Rares that spawn January - March
20 Rares that spawn April - June
20 Rares that spawn July - September
20 Rares that spawn October - December
+1 on seasonal rares, that would actually be fun. The hunt now is still pretty hot with things spawning but as with all rares, the hype will die down. As rare hunters it would benefit long-term $$$ to have seasonals IMO.

ScottieBly

Grandmaster
I know who you're talking about and I'll admit I asked him for a few of your spots and he did NOT budge. Ones like the tall candle and saddle he absolutely would not share and said you all had an agreement to get one each before sharing externally. I found a couple of your exclusives on my own by accident, i.e. gold ingots, just by doing rounds.

+1 on seasonal rares, that would actually be fun. The hunt now is still pretty hot with things spawning but as with all rares, the hype will die down. As rare hunters it would benefit long-term $$$ to have seasonals IMO.
I know he gave u all of our books. I already know so don't tell me just a couple spots. As far as sharing yes that's what was suppose to happened but guess who broke that rule. Like I said whatever I'm still finding good ones so it is what it is?

Why cant A rare have more then 1 ... or more the 20 hell 100+ possible spawn locations ?

That would require whoever implements the rares to specifically find and place X amount of spawning tokens for a single rare in the game.

So if there are 80 spawning rares, which I believe there is, multiply that by 100; that's over 8,000 individual spawning tokens and spots a GM would have to map out and keep track off.

That's just an example if 1 rare had 100 possible spawning locations.

Even at 2 possible spawning locations, that would be 160 spots and spawning locations.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
Sorry Sidx, the timers really don't mean shit. It takes < 10 minutes to go through these books to check all the spots. W/ the randomness added to the spawn timers, knowing when the last one of a rare spawned doesn't do much for you besides give you a general time frame of when to expect it again. It doesn't give you an exact re-spawn time. Someone could easily check the spots a few times a day and focus on the items they really want and I'm sure they'd get them a lot quicker using these books. They could place an afk character down and run a script to check for the stealable rare as well. I;m guessing your group probably does this because Nasak asked me about writing a script for it a few months ago.Quit trying to make it sound like yall run a monopoly on the stealables, bc it is far from the truth if anyone puts in a slight bit of effort.

SidX

Grandmaster
They could place an afk character down and run a script to check for the stealable rare as well. I;m guessing your group probably does this because Nasak asked me about writing a script for it a few months ago.
I've never used any scripts to rare hunt, just doing it the old fashioned way burning through recalls.. pretty much the same for my guild as well, nobody I know of scripts. Plus JoeB confirmed it's considered illegal gold farming to afk script stealable rares now so anyone who does that would get caught pretty quickly.

amonseti

Grandmaster
That would require whoever implements the rares to specifically find and place X amount of spawning tokens for a single rare in the game.

So if there are 80 spawning rares, which I believe there is, multiply that by 100; that's over 8,000 individual spawning tokens and spots a GM would have to map out and keep track off.

That's just an example if 1 rare had 100 possible spawning locations.

Even at 2 possible spawning locations, that would be 160 spots and spawning locations.

yes would take time .. but so does any other job .. yeah 100 may be over the top but I think 20 random locations would be doable .....

Or go thru and find many locations and separate them into "Types" and have Random rares spawn randomly in any of these spots..
Types would be things like:
A > "Table top locations" - could spawn , cups, checkers , foods , cards .. etc pretty much anything that can go on a table top.
B > "Wall locations" - could spawn , rare painintings, hanging armor , hanging weps, tapistrys, display shields etc ...
C > "Indoor floor locations" - plants, candlabras, anything that gos on a floor setting..
thats just a few example , could even get more detailed and add theams to the location types ,, ie dungenious, graveyard, coastal etc .

so essentially a spot may or may not spawn a rare and the item its spawns is also a mystery. some items that spawn could be ultra rare or it could spawn a common .. just random ..

Darkarna

Grandmaster
1: Get location
2: Ghost location
3: Check for activity
4: Record findings
5: Summarise
6: Profit.

This is why I hate rares..

Edit : Be a twitch junky

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I've never used any scripts to rare hunt, just doing it the old fashioned way burning through recalls.. pretty much the same for my guild as well, nobody I know of scripts. Plus JoeB confirmed it's considered illegal gold farming to afk script stealable rares now so anyone who does that would get caught pretty quickly.

Script stealing vs script alerting is 2 very different things, what Joeb mentioned was a script that actually would check for the rare, then steal the rare. If someone wanted to, they could easily write a script that would check for an item then play a sound file if the item type is found. There would be no way to prove that a player is doing this as there is nothing that would occur in game. Hearing a sound from another room, the player would come to the computer then manually steal the rare. I have a script similar to this concept that I used for fishing. It would sound an alarm whenever I pulled up an sos so I could switch over to UO and kill/loot the mob.

It is not a hard concept and it is definitely not a hard script to write. :)

You are in Nasak's group right? I never wrote said script but he was the one asking for one that would steal the rares and recall out for him. Just sayin.

Mordoc

Master
didnt read all the replies so if its been said already you can read it again.........

since the OP is taking bids for these locations shouldnt this thread be in the buying/selling section of the forums?

Duck Face

Grandmaster
didnt read all the replies so if its been said already you can read it again.........

since the OP is taking bids for these locations shouldnt this thread be in the buying/selling section of the forums?
Joeb moved it here bc it got derailed.

FAMARA

Grandmaster

THIS DUDE RIGHT HERE IS SO FUCKIN SCARED THESE BOOKS WILL COME OUT HES OBVIOUSLY ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT THE SNATCH SHARED ALL THE SPOTS WITH BREAKING A PACT WITH FRIENDS.

SO FUCKIN SCARED TROLLING SOMEONES SELLING THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.