New Stealable Rare Locations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I am sure there are lots of items on the shard that are unused tiles including a few of the stealable rares. I can do nothing about that, I can not force players to update their clients or to run the version of client that I run when they play. I know that on the client I run all of the items exist and appear normal. There were actually around 90 stealables when I took it over btw. Mostly useless dailies. I kept some and added new ones to replace ones I did not keep. I only added around 20 more than we had before. Inherently stealable rare prices drop it is the nature of the rares as they spawn. Unless I revamped them every year or so.
I can do nothing about the past stealables as I had no control over them in any way or the ability to manipulate them or any control over that system at all. I can only address the current system that I put in place to replace the old system.

Not pointing finger just lamenting the change in the rares market. I think the new rares are all good deco pieces and the simple fact that you actually maintained a list of them is a huge improvement.

Your new system is good.

The market however, is shit.

Violence

Grandmaster
I am sure there are lots of items on the shard that are unused tiles including a few of the stealable rares. I can do nothing about that, I can not force players to update their clients or to run the version of client that I run when they play. I know that on the client I run all of the items exist and appear normal. There were actually around 90 stealables when I took it over btw. Mostly useless dailies. I kept some and added new ones to replace ones I did not keep. I only added around 20 more than we had before. Inherently stealable rare prices drop it is the nature of the rares as they spawn. Unless I revamped them every year or so.
I can do nothing about the past stealables as I had no control over them in any way or the ability to manipulate them or any control over that system at all. I can only address the current system that I put in place to replace the old system.

I realise that this sales thread is being derailed a bit here, so feel free to move this conversation elsewhere, but is there plans to keep the saturation of the current rares in check?

I can't help but feel that less overall rares going on at once, with a larger variety of spawn locations may have been better for staff and and player alike. Suppose it's a bit late for that now though. It is what it is.

Good luck with the sale Bradley. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility!!!

JoeB

Adept
I pmed bradley and also apologized for also derailing. Told him to remake a new one if he wanted I will move this to the general discussion.

Yea like you said, it is kind of too late. Outside of me mass deleting. It would not be fair to the players who stole them to do that though. I can not do much about the old rares that were over saturated. It was really out of control and I always wanted fix it so once I got the ability to I tried my best.

It has not been very long since i changed the system but I have come up with tons of new ones that I can use in the future. I likely would never exceed the number we currently have so any change in the future would have me discontinue others. I am going to try to stay on top of it and keep track of how many have spawned. I check them weekly. Wanted to give it at least 8-12 months before I made any big changes to the current system barring any huge flaws.

bradley-

Grandmaster
I guess I'll toss some freebies out to the community to save everyone from wasting 50k-150k on rares that spawn every few days.

Enjoy siphoning from Nasak's personal stash of quickly selling rares :) Nothing personal... You just screwed us over, thats all.

Red Checkers - Vesper Inn (The Shattered Skull)
ySmqFUc.jpg

White Checkers - East Britain Barkeep (The Unicorn's Horn)
mJUfuNZ.jpg

White Chess Pieces - East Britain Barkeep (The Salty Dog)
8Zqara6.jpg

Black Chess Pieces - Minoc Tavern (The Barncle)
f3PmPYG.jpg

Frosted Mug - Ice Dungeon (Nasak's Favorite!)
Wt9udyH.jpg

Bloodstained Basin - Moonglow Healer
XO18tN3.jpg

If everyone goes back to the 1st page, the 4th book (bottom right) are all 4-7 spawns! Stop paying outrageous amounts of gold for something that spawns every 4-7 days... Current best offer for a copy of the entire set is ~2m. Considering making 5 sets and selling to the top 5 bidders! Hit me up via PM!

rinster12

Journeyman
I guess I'll toss some freebies out to the community to save everyone from wasting 50k-150k on rares that spawn every few days.

Enjoy siphoning from Nasak's personal stash of quickly selling rares :) Nothing personal... You just screwed us over, thats all.

Red Checkers - Vesper Inn (The Shattered Skull)
ySmqFUc.jpg

White Checkers - East Britain Barkeep (The Unicorn's Horn)
mJUfuNZ.jpg

White Chess Pieces - East Britain Barkeep (The Salty Dog)
8Zqara6.jpg

Black Chess Pieces - Minoc Tavern (The Barncle)
f3PmPYG.jpg

Frosted Mug - Ice Dungeon (Nasak's Favorite!)
Wt9udyH.jpg

Bloodstained Basin - Moonglow Healer
XO18tN3.jpg

If everyone goes back to the 1st page, the 4th book (bottom right) are all 4-7 spawns! Stop paying outrageous amounts of gold for something that spawns every 4-7 days... Current best offer for a copy of the entire set is ~2m. Considering making 5 sets and selling to the top 5 bidders! Hit me up via PM!

rinster12

Journeyman
So pointless just giving them away. Waste the effort of the people who actually figured it out. Good job ruining that for people.

Violence

Grandmaster
So pointless just giving them away. Waste the effort of the people who actually figured it out. Good job ruining that for people.

I believe Brad is one of the few people who did find them, if I'm not mistaken.

People are free to do what they wish.

And let's not forget @TriXa who was THE rares man long before any of you were around, who did the same thing. It's probably for the best.

bradley-

Grandmaster

Are you telling me that giving away rare locations ruins the work other players put in to find them? Oh, I get it... Damn, stupid me.. If only these rare locations weren't already given to another guild by someone my group trusted.. Guess I'm in the wrong everyone, sorry!

Locations are still for sale! Many PMs to read, sorry for the delayed responses!

Nasak

Grandmaster
wow.. soo butthurt -- we traded spots -- u got all of their spots and if u wanted to you could PM me and ask for more spots.. we got 85 spots, u and the group stopped playing for over a month and when u come back ur not in control? instead u cry to forums.. Im not ruining it for anyone.. 3 more ppl to a group of 10 thaat new is nothing especially when ur doubling the amount of rare items locations u have.. if u looked u would find them giving them away is making it worse for the group..

Nasak

Grandmaster
plus most of the spots i just confirmed with them not just gave them n they gave me spots we didnt have

rinster12

Journeyman
I am free to have my opinion and I am one of those few people who found them. I found some of the locations he is giving out.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Are you telling me that giving away rare locations ruins the work other players put in to find them? Oh, I get it... Damn, stupid me.. If only these rare locations weren't already given to another guild by someone my group trusted.. Guess I'm in the wrong everyone, sorry!

Locations are still for sale! Many PMs to read, sorry for the delayed responses!

fuck em dude you should just post a picture of every single stealable rare location with your best idea of timer!

go down in history bradley!

prove these bastards wrong!

turn it into a wiki for all the new players!

bradley-

Grandmaster
wow.. soo butthurt -- we traded spots -- u got all of their spots and if u wanted to you could PM me and ask for more spots.. we got 85 spots, u and the group stopped playing for over a month and when u come back ur not in control? instead u cry to forums.. Im not ruining it for anyone.. 3 more ppl to a group of 10 thaat new is nothing especially when ur doubling the amount of rare items locations u have.. if u looked u would find them giving them away is making it worse for the group..

Listen man, we (the group of about 8 of us) made an agreement on the first night that the new stealables were introduced. It wasn't just my decision to post these locations up for sale. The rest of the group has decided to sell these locations because we cannot compete with your other guild that you gave the locations to.

We can't play while at work like you can.
We can't play every day like you can.
When we can play, we don't want to sit at a single location waiting for something to spawn.
It isn't fun for us to recall to the same spot over and over and over for days on end.

The rest of the group that participated in finding these locations cannot compete. It's that simple. If you had held your part of the agreement then we may not have put these locations up for sale. Don't be mad at me, I didn't cause this. You did.

Sorry I'm not sorry.

Nasak

Grandmaster
im not mad...at all dont be sorry im just saying it doesnt rly help ur cause but if u think it does go ahead --

Status
Not open for further replies.