New Stealable Rare Locations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Are these new stealables even a large seller here at all yet or no?
(For those who sell them)

are they hard to sell?

AssHat

Grandmaster

are they hard to sell?

it all depends on a timer, after and only after the year mark can people add "rarity"/value to the item due to the timer on the item.(this is assuming there is a 6+month timer items)

i think some daily rares have sold for monthly prices, i think some 3+ month items have sold for some weekly item prices.

and lets not forget the actual item and what it looks like ;)

its a hit or miss game on them which is fun!

Duck Face

Grandmaster

are they hard to sell?
Well our group had an agreement not to sell our duplicates until everyone in our group got a set, there was just a rat named Nasak that shared our locations w/ his other friends. I have sold 2 of the monthly stealables and got a nice chunk of change around 6 mil for the 2, I think Bradley liquidated most of his too.

I know Nasak and his buddies have been selling the weekly/daily rares at way overpriced amounts because people didn't know their frequency of spawn.

SidX

Grandmaster

are they hard to sell?
Easy to sell since the new revamp included a lot of nice deco (chess pieces, vanity, new potted plants, etc.) that people like to have, and the rarity is better being that the minimum spawn time is 3-5 days instead of 24 hrs.. Pretty much every rare I put on my vendor has sold, much better than the last round.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Ah i'm glad they seem like great sells then.
I was worried people maybe wouldn't buy them and JoeB's hard work would goto waste. Win/win/win for everyone.

tankian

Grandmaster
easy to sell but some people over price the weeklys. like the frosted mug for 90k way overpriced and the origami butterfly was priced at 2m then dropped to 1.7 and then down to 1.3. i was lucky i picked one up yesterday for 450k
got 2 of the new potted flower pots that are awesome for 250k each

Violence

Grandmaster
Personally, I think the shard should have rotating rare sets that they implement every quarter of the year.

20 Rares that spawn January - March
20 Rares that spawn April - June
20 Rares that spawn July - September
20 Rares that spawn October - December

Each rare has a different location every quarter so every 3 months it's a new fresh race to see who can find what.

It would take a little planning but 3 months is plenty of time to figure out what new items you'd like to implement, which old items you'd like to recycle, timer and new locations.

I really don't see what would be so difficult and time consuming about planning and setting 20 rares every 3 months that it couldn't be done.

That's just the basic premise. If 3 months is to much of a commitment then make it every 4 months or 6 months. Hell once a year have a new set of rares that spawn in different locations.

That way everyone has a chance to participate once a period of time has passed a new round of rares have spawned.

You can make an event out of it in game and get more people involved.

^ This guy... I like this guy.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
It shouldn't be public knowledge. However I believe things should respawn randomly and manage to somehow do it with the mechanics of spawning anything in random locations. Selling info is dandy. Having information like "This is where I got it, but you will be contending with me for it" is a source of economy and trade. I've viewed rare dealers as drug dealers in the UO world.

So all in all randomize locations and times would be dandy.

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
So new players to shard never have a chance of ever getting these because like you said "we have them camped and timed". So new players should have to pay for this information that you may have obtained through dumb luck but now have a huge advantage? It's pretty ridiculous to think acutally. Pretty much whoever finds the rare first can keep the location to himself and no one would ever know where to even look. Forget anyone randomally stumbling upon it if the spots are camped it will be looted right away.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
So new players to shard never have a chance of ever getting these because like you said "we have them camped and timed". So new players should have to pay for this information that you may have obtained through dumb luck but now have a huge advantage? It's pretty ridiculous to think acutally. Pretty much whoever finds the rare first can keep the location to himself and no one would ever know where to even look. Forget anyone randomally stumbling upon it if the spots are camped it will be looted right away.

The spawns are pretty randomized so the talk of having timers down is inaccurate.

And yes, if someone is in the right place at the right time, and they are smart enough to maintain their advantage, then they should have it.

I fucking hate that lame shit where people think they are entitled to the same info and the same chances at everything everyone else has. How about you put some fucking effort in before you start demanding the devs fuck over everyone who did put effort in.

It's the same attitude 247 had with idocs. "Oh I sat here for 8 hours watching this house I found and then someone comes in at the last second and kills me and I get nothing for all that effort I put in abloooblooobloooo. It's not fair!"

Of all the bad ideas, projecting, shit talking and crying on these forums, nothing grinds my gears more than these kids constantly demanding devs 'fix' things to make up for their lack of creativity, skill or knowledge. It's like that 'everyone's a winner' shit, get it the fuck ouuuitttttaaaaa here.

Violence

Grandmaster
I had to pay out the ass to get rares locations and exclusivity under the old system. Don't regret it at all. (Hit me up if you want to see my bookcase collection - no, I won't sell you any)

But I do think rares could be designed in a way that is bit more equitable for everyone, but still pays advantage to coordination and hard work. But putting that in practice is gonna be bloody tough, so it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.