New Stealable Rare Locations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
the only reason people have this many locations is due to an exploit, I would advise against trying to profit off a bug rather than reporting it because it's against the rules. :/ much love tho guys

Buy them and make them public hanes you rich fuck

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Just so any potential buyers are aware, timers were randomized by JoeB for these new rares so there can be multiple day spans of buffer/differential time between respawns. Even up to a week of randomizer time (i.e. no more "31- day spawns"). It's now more like 27-36 days and it can spawn literally at any time in that window. Nothing is set in stone, so any "timers" made public won't help!

We will continue to run the rares on UOF 4 lyfe!!! @Nasak

If it's not a meta or a relic, no one cares about rares. There's no market.

Bromista

Grandmaster
the only reason people have this many locations is due to an exploit, I would advise against trying to profit off a bug rather than reporting it because it's against the rules. :/ much love tho guys
This guy knows an exploit when he sees it, his word is gospel ijs.

Nasak

Grandmaster
rare prices are going to increase bc of this -- wish i waited to sell -- theres def a market

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Just so any potential buyers are aware, timers were randomized by JoeB for these new rares so there can be multiple day spans of buffer/differential time between respawns. Even up to a week of randomizer time (i.e. no more "31- day spawns"). It's now more like 27-36 days and it can spawn literally at any time in that window. Nothing is set in stone, so any "timers" made public won't help!

We will continue to run the rares on UOF 4 lyfe!!! @Nasak

this dudes tempting me to buy all the location just so i can show how easy it would be to have my whole guild pick a couple different locations each and use a steam script to afk steal the item recall to a safe location to drop off the stealable rare.

this is why rares need to be random locations. biggest load of bullcrap i ever heard, hahahah we got 50 locations that spawn in the exact same place everytime we are soooo good.

SidX

Grandmaster
If it's not a meta or a relic, no one cares about rares. There's no market.
I'd say there's definitely a market, stealables sell like crazy from my vendor.. and that's just me, there are a few other hardcores as well.

Also LOL at having this many spots due to an exploit, there were only like 4 people searching the night the rares were launched so that's why certain people have so many spots. Then by trading spots, that number of locations can easily be doubled.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
i know if u werent updated when after they added them they all came out as unused tiles.

its pretty hard to spot an unused tile tho huh/

Violence

Grandmaster
Also, I will put any object into any of my orifices you desire if you can confirm that that rune says "Broken Vanity Dresser". and that they do in fact exist.

JoeB

Adept
this dudes tempting me to buy all the location just so i can show how easy it would be to have my whole guild pick a couple different locations each and use a steam script to afk steal the item recall to a safe location to drop off the stealable rare.

this is why rares need to be random locations. biggest load of bullcrap i ever heard, hahahah we got 50 locations that spawn in the exact same place everytime we are soooo good.

Well if you catch someone you suspect to be AFK running a script like this page in because I can easily check to see if they are afk spawn the rare and then jail them as that is essentially afk gold farming.

The reason why I do not have over 100 stealable rares spawning in multiple random locations is because the logistics of it were overwhelming. I had considered it. To find a single location to place a spawner in a way that is "fun" and relatively inconspicuous is hard enough for over 100 items. Some spots are better than others however some items are just going to stick out. To find multiple locations for every single one so, lets say 3 random locations that means I would need to find over 300 locations 3 per rare. Not even OSI did this. I can set a range on them for large area's because in theory that would be great. I could set ranges of multiple screens however they would drop unpredictably and potentially inside walls or unreachable places in the middle of nowhere and become impossible to steal by players so I can't really do that. Especially for the dungeon rares. They spawn in the same place yes but, the timer is very randomized in terms of hours even days.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Well if you catch someone you suspect to be AFK running a script like this page in because I can easily check to see if they are afk spawn the rare and then jail them as that is essentially afk gold farming.

The reason why I do not have over 100 stealable rares spawning in multiple random locations is because the logistics of it were overwhelming. I had considered it. To find a single location to place a spawner in a way that is "fun" and relatively inconspicuous is hard enough for over 100 items. Some spots are better than others however some items are just going to stick out. To find multiple locations for every single one so, lets say 3 random locations that means I would need to find over 300 locations 3 per rare. Not even OSI did this. I can set a range on them for large area's because in theory that would be great. I could set ranges of multiple screens however they would drop unpredictably and potentially inside walls or unreachable places in the middle of nowhere and become impossible to steal by players so I can't really do that. Especially for the dungeon rares. They spawn in the same place yes but, the timer is very randomized in terms of hours even days.

Confirm/deny the 'unused tile' thing?

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
rare prices are going to increase bc of this -- wish i waited to sell -- theres def a market

Rares prices are going to continue to drop imo.

We went from like 30ish rares to 60ish rares to 100+ rares. Each increase in the number of rares (supply) created a drop in what people were willing to pay (demand). Add to that the increased number of people hunting/stealing/selling them. Add to that the number of rares collectors who threw in their hat out of frustration. Add to that the fact that rares are consistently recycled. Add to that the pattern of adding rares to the dono vendor (often as part of a large deco piece).

I did my time hunting rares and made the mistake of sharing my system, which was then deliberately made largely ineffective. The time it takes to as one person to keep 30+ spawns locked down is insane. I hated it and you couldn't pay me RL money to camp these new spawns.

Best outcome IMO would be a 'crowdfunded' purchase of these books, then make them public. That would make for some interesting battles over these spawn at least.

tl;dr I'm still a big gay mad baby over rares

JoeB

Adept
I am sure there are lots of items on the shard that are unused tiles including a few of the stealable rares. I can do nothing about that, I can not force players to update their clients or to run the version of client that I run when they play. I know that on the client I run all of the items exist and appear normal. There were actually around 90 stealables when I took it over btw. Mostly useless dailies. I kept some and added new ones to replace ones I did not keep. I only added around 20 more than we had before. Inherently stealable rare prices drop it is the nature of the rares as they spawn. Unless I revamped them every year or so.
I can do nothing about the past stealables as I had no control over them in any way or the ability to manipulate them or any control over that system at all. I can only address the current system that I put in place to replace the old system.

Status
Not open for further replies.