Arms Lore Change

Afro Man

Grandmaster
you dont want to hear people who quit certain play styles based on how many times their weapon misses? 1 year+ play time not enough?

but its ok, the top over power class now gets even more to help doing top damage, but then again the tamers got a spider.....

why not just increase swing speed for weapons instead of making people choose a new play style?
But... but... but... we added spider you know because well ummmmm..... Hmmmmmm ........

ill think of a reason one day

Spatchel

Master
I changed to 100 arms lore a couple hours after the change was applied; dropped stealth. So far I am loving it.
Here is what I have noticed so far:
1. This only works with a talisman equipped
2. I rarely miss more than three times in a row, used to be up to 14
3. Remember how it seemed mobs were harder to hit when they were running away? No longer an issue

Jongi09

Master
Maybe I'm just lucky, or don't fight hard mobs, but I don't ever seem to have constant misses and I'm an LJ

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Spatchel

Master
I changed to 100 arms lore a couple hours after the change was applied; dropped stealth. So far I am loving it.
Here is what I have noticed so far:
1. This only works with a talisman equipped
2. I rarely miss more than three times in a row, used to be up to 14
3. Remember how it seemed mobs were harder to hit when they were running away? No longer an issue

This data is collected from killing Ogre Lords, Ogre Mages, Executioners and Titans.

Kilike

Grandmaster
you dont want to hear people who quit certain play styles based on how many times their weapon misses? 1 year+ play time not enough?

but its ok, the top over power class now gets even more to help doing top damage, but then again the tamers got a spider.....

why not just increase swing speed for weapons instead of making people choose a new play style?
Top op class? Really? Because people only think dexxers are top, because of an event that was designed to slow down tamers, while hardly affecting everyone else?

Anyhow, it's cool people are saying this change helps, however it should be built by default into the tali, rather than needing to pick up another useless as skill. @eppy

Sent from my SM-G900P

Deadpool

Grandmaster
h3oYpFz.gif

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
So the new PvM Meta-Melee Templates will look like this?

Tact - 100
Anat - 100
Parry - 100
Arms - 100
Sword/Fencing - 100
Resist - 100
Healing - 100

dobber

Grandmaster
I'd pay 25k gold to someone to get post extensive data on how often you swing and miss or hit vs various mobs with and without the arms lore + talisman boost.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Anyhow, it's cool people are saying this change helps, however it should be built by default into the tali, rather than needing to pick up another useless as skill. @eppy

Sent from my SM-G900P
Seems to me requiring a skill is the whole point. Talisman already provide buffs without the need of skills or relics. All about tailoring your build, otherwise you will just end up with a crazy OP template that requires a nerf or gets other skills increased to compensate.

I would love to not need arms lore/hiding/stealth and be able to run a pvp build and demolish pvm with my berserker. Doubt it would take long for a nerf though.

Young Star

Grandmaster
The only part i don't like about it being tied to armslore is that it does not translate to any benefit to PvP. It just further widens the gap between viable PvM templates and PvP templates. I suppose I could just forgo the armslore benefits if I want my dexer to still be useful at PvP or build a whole new pure PvP dexer. I remember that started to become a problem on OSI because it is always a much bigger endeavor to introduce something that adds to PvP and still keep things balanced. So they kept adding to PvM and then when the gap got too wide they rebalanced a bunch of stuff to make it so PvP and PvM damage was on the same scale again and most damage or other support skill bonuses applied to both monsters and players.

I am sure this will end up being an unpopular opinion but why does the armslore need to be completely tied to just the talisman? It doesn't necessarily have to be a hit chance boost on the pvp side. Just give it some benefit that puts it in the same realm as alchy, poisoning, lumberjacking, and inscription.

Yes I know armslore helps wrestling in PvP for the special moves. Maybe open that up to better control other melee skill's primary and secondary moves.

dobber

Grandmaster
I don't really see the point in complaining about this nerfing PVP except for a small set of classes such as stealth archers, alchy LJ, and alchy nox. Can still do great with PVP

Tact - 100
Anat - 100
alchy - 100
Arms - 100
Sword/Fencing/macing - 100
Resist - 100
Healing - 100