Arms Lore Change

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
This^

I dont expect the exact same benefits you get now from these two skills in PVM to also work the same with pvp. I am just asking that you give them some kind of benefit. When you tie combat abilities to skills they should not only benefit PvM.

It was fine when all the abilities for added pvm content was mainly tied to talismans or other item content but once skills get mixed in that have no use in pvp it creates a divide. Skills should have a benefit to both sides if they are used for combat.

UO at its roots was built to balance both PvP and PvM. Every skill that is used for fighting has a benefit for fighting monsters and players.

Is this a joke? Its like saying provo should have a place in PVP or vet etc.... you wanna dominate PVE? Spec your build for PVE. You wanna dominate PVP? Spec your build for PVP.

Is this a joke? Its like saying provo should have a place in PVP or vet etc.... you wanna dominate PVE? Spec your build for PVE. You wanna dominate PVP? Spec your build for PVP.
Umm alchemy? They chose to use this random skill to give bonus in pvp, what is the difference?

girana

Grandmaster

provo got huge pace in pvp but you just dont know because u never do the fun stuff

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
They just want to copy uoforever because that's the version of UO they know.

its also the best PVP mechanics of any UOR based shard... uoforever is dead as fuck becuase of the corruption of their staff, horrible economy, and toxic community -- not because of their amazing PVP ruleset.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Provo does have some function in PvE...Yeah it isn't very effective but it does have some functionality. Vet still works the same whether your pet is fighting a monster or a player. Spirit speak and Armslore both contribute 0 to a character's abilities when fighting/defending against a player. I am just pointing out that if you continue to add PvM only content and start tying it to skills that have no purpose to PvP the gap will get even wider. I understand that there will always be some templates that are pure PvP and PvM but originally the differences weren't huge and uoforever builds were quite common. With these two skills being tied in with meta talisman abilities and having no purpose in PvP it is eliminating a lot of crossover and setting a hard line between PvP and PvM. In the end what I am really trying to get across to the staff is to be careful about continuing this trend.

@GluttonySDS If you are being sincere about increasing PvP on this server I would reconsider what I am trying to say. PvM is not going away and the more players that are out using pure PvM characters the less they will be willing to engage in PvP. The farther away PvM character builds get from an ideal PvP template the less likely you will ever get them comfortable with fighting.

girana

Grandmaster
Provo does have some function in PvE...Yeah it isn't very effective but it does have some functionality. Vet still works the same whether your pet is fighting a monster or a player. Spirit speak and Armslore both contribute 0 to a character's abilities when fighting/defending against a player. I am just pointing out that if you continue to add PvM only content and start tying it to skills that have no purpose to PvP the gap will get even wider. I understand that there will always be some templates that are pure PvP and PvM but originally the differences weren't huge and uoforever builds were quite common. With these two skills being tied in with meta talisman abilities and having no purpose in PvP it is eliminating a lot of crossover and setting a hard line between PvP and PvM. In the end what I am really trying to get across to the staff is to be careful about continuing this trend.

@GluttonySDS If you are being sincere about increasing PvP on this server I would reconsider what I am trying to say. PvM is not going away and the more players that are out using pure PvM characters the less they will be willing to engage in PvP. The farther away PvM character builds get from an ideal PvP template the less likely you will ever get them comfortable with fighting.

your not forced to take armslore or spirit speak

its your chooise

a) full pvm template
b) full pvp template
c) uoforever template

Cash is King

Grandmaster
With the ability to have 3 accounts & 3 characters per account I've never had the problem of not enough slots for builds. I currently have:
1) tamer
2) provoker
3) blue idoc pvper (5x mage + hide/stealth)
4) red pvper (7x mage/stun)
5) red pvper (7x dexxer)
6) mule
7) pvm meta dexxer
8) thief
9) fisherman

I have almost one of every build this game has to offer and I don't think the pvm-only content is an issue or will deter people from making a pvp'er. My characters for pvp are geared to pvp. My character for pvm is geared only to pvm - but with swords/tact/anat/heal/resist I can pvp if I want. I could also get rid of one of my builds for another pk if I wanted more pk's. Plus for 1m I can buy an additional character slot on each account (anyone who has 9 full character builds should have a way of accumulating 1m). I don't think arms lore or spirit speak should affect anything outside of pvm.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

Its like saying my scribe stun should be able to PVM as effectively as a provo bard... sure, I can make a uoforever template that can do both PVM and PVP(tamer with no provo for example) but to specialize in PVP means you make PVM sacrfiices on that char and vice versa.

p.s.

90% of my PVP is done on a 5x mage with tracking and stun... all builds are viable.

Kilike

Grandmaster
(tamer with no provo for example) but to specialize in PVP means you make PVM sacrfiices on that char and vice versa.

p.s.

90% of my PVP is done on a 5x mage with tracking and stun... all builds are viable.
Except in that case, as all they lose is soloing whatever the dungeon in hyloth with the pass phrase is called.

Young Star

Grandmaster
your not forced to take armslore or spirit speak

its your chooise

a) full pvm template
b) full pvp template
c) uoforever template
The problem is that choice C will become less of a choice the more they keep going down this path.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
The problem is that choice C will become less of a choice the more they keep going down this path.

Why should you be able to be the best in PVM and PVP on the same template? I think if Werkt PVPd at all they would see how stupid this argument is...

Young Star

Grandmaster
Why should you be able to be the best in PVM and PVP on the same template? I think if Werkt PVPd at all they would see how stupid this argument is...
If you pvm'd at all you would see how dumb your comment is. I am not asking to be the best at both. Werkt pvps every day. Just because we are not out at 2am when you log in game doesnt mean we dont pvp.

Before this addition you could have a decent alchy meta dexer that wasnt too far behind a pure PvM template. The armslore addition made that difference between the two pretty big. It is a pretty big step in dividing the game into two different fighting systems. It is still doable to have some uoforever dexer but the trend doesnt look promising if it continues.