Arms Lore Change

TheFallen

Grandmaster
And... just checked 92.4 wrestle on last arch so... you normally have a 53.3% chance to hit and with gm lore would have 63% chance assuming 5min of fighting at 35dmg per swing 2s swings you would get an extra.... ~500 extra damage or 20% extra....

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I wish this gave an additional boost for slower weapons. It's probably asking a lot, but having slow weapons hit slightly more than fast weapons with GM Arms Lore would be a nice balancing touch.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Current template is:
100/90/35

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Magery
100 Resist
100 Arms Lore (dropped Lumberjacking)

Just testing a katana against dragons, the hit% feels significantly higher. Good stuff! Feels a lot more like I'm only missing half of the time.

Decoy

Grandmaster
Current template is:
100/90/35

100 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Magery
100 Resist
100 Arms Lore (dropped Lumberjacking)

Just testing a katana against dragons, the hit% feels significantly higher. Good stuff! Feels a lot more like I'm only missing half of the time.

That's identical to my template except I have med instead of Arms Lore at the moment. Thinking of dropping it for Arms Lore. If it's really that good I think it might be worth it.

Edit: I roll with 90 str and 45 int and just pot all the time, but more or less pretty similar.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
That's identical to my template except I have med instead of Arms Lore at the moment. Thinking of dropping it for Arms Lore. If it's really that good I think it might be worth it.

Edit: I roll with 90 str and 45 int and just pot all the time, but more or less pretty similar.

There are times where I would like Meditation but I have Magery just to be able to GHeal like a boss. When you add in bandages and pots, it makes you pretty durable...

Med is pretty easy to regain if you don't like Arms Lore!

halv

Grandmaster
Okay, I tested it on mostly ettins and ogre, some paragons.
Without Talisman put on around 70% of all swings do damage.
With talisman I got 78% hits. There is something that you will recognize. But ettins and ogres are mostly easy to hit without talisman too. I got them around my house. This was the fastes way to got a lot of hits for statistic.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
I did a similar test on a mob with 140 wrestling. No facts or figures but I went from missing far more often than not to hitting far more often than not. This is a minimum hit chance, not a hit chance increase. It will not be realized on cannot fodder but on bosses and high end creatures it seems amazing.

Modus

Master
11 Misses on a regular Earth Elemental, Katana. Armslore GM should raise min-hitchance on any shit please??

Young Star

Grandmaster
After playing with this for a few weeks i like the benefits. I still feel that this should not have been tied to a skill.

IMHO if anything is tied to skills it should have a benefit for both PvP and PvM. I know they really try to stick to a pvp system that captures the nostalgia of UO:R pvp. Even with that when it comes to skills that effect combat they should work in both. You should not have to decide between making a pvm character or a pvp. What works good for one should work good for the other. It doesnt have to be the exact same benefit but if something takes a whole skill it should have some benefit. This goes for spirit speak as well.

@eppy @Shane i really hope this will be given another look for the Kingdoms expansion. There shouldn't be this big of a divide between "pvm" templates and "pvp" templates.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
I don't really understand why you think it should work in pvp. If you don't like it then just use alchemy.

I don't think he is suggesting that really. I think he is saying that anything you have to tank 100 skill points into should have PVP benefits (i.e. Alch, Inscribe, Anatomy), but not that these should work in PVP. He feels that you should just get these (Arms Lore/Spirit Speak) benefits for having a talisman in a PVM scenarios.

girana

Grandmaster
arms lore is fucking OP no need for any buff

you sacrifice 100 skillpoints defenses and gains a HUGE DMG bonus i am fine with that (same with Spirit Speak)

Young Star

Grandmaster
I don't think he is suggesting that really. I think he is saying that anything you have to tank 100 skill points into should have PVP benefits (i.e. Alch, Inscribe, Anatomy), but not that these should work in PVP. He feels that you should just get these (Arms Lore/Spirit Speak) benefits for having a talisman in a PVM scenarios.
This^

I dont expect the exact same benefits you get now from these two skills in PVM to also work the same with pvp. I am just asking that you give them some kind of benefit. When you tie combat abilities to skills they should not only benefit PvM.

It was fine when all the abilities for added pvm content was mainly tied to talismans or other item content but once skills get mixed in that have no use in pvp it creates a divide. Skills should have a benefit to both sides if they are used for combat.

UO at its roots was built to balance both PvP and PvM. Every skill that is used for fighting has a benefit for fighting monsters and players.