The meta issue

Lexington

Grandmaster
I hate the fact that people can get items worth 5m to 10m at all, be it by skill or luck. You can't make anything like that doing anything else , i.e. Tailoring, BS, Rare hunting, any uo profession, even farming with a maxed meta... Getting a single item that drops regularly in the game, shouldn't pretty much by you a Castle... I don't even want to think how much bod cloth i would of had to shlep to make 5m to 10m... back when I did that.

Why donate $3,000, when you can get a PS/Relic and buy 2 to 5 of the 3k tier rewards in game...

^^THIS!!

oomf

Grandmaster
The sad part is you guys are asking for increased drops when you have no idea what the current drop rate is.

How many do you think are being consumed / sold to friend guildie composted to hitting the market.

When demand is this high most don't hit the market I would guess 1 out of 10. That will change and they will start selling for less. Either pay early adopter price or wait.

The sad part is you're not adding anything to this conversation and still talking. You already have the relics, go away.

Weland

Grandmaster
Well the same honestly could be redirected at you about the drop rate when people are complaining that are doing a lot of champs with no success. So you can't claim to know better when you yourself probably don't know the drop rate. Now I agree that larger guilds will keep stuff in house and once they are fitted it will hit the market more.

After reading some of the posts it would seem that may not be the case, it's just as much of an assumption on your part as ours.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFallen

Grandmaster
The sad part is you're not adding anything to this conversation and still talking. You already have the relics, go away.
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm not adding anything. I also am after more relics as well so your point doesn't work sorry.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Well the same honestly could be redirected at you about the drop rate when people are complaining that are doing a lot of champs with no success. So you can't claim to know better when you yourself probably don't know the drop rate. Now I agree that larger guilds will keep stuff in house and once they are fitted it will hit the market more.

After reading some of the posts it would seem that may not be the case but just as much of an assumption on your part as ours.
I actually do know more than most because I do a ton of content solo or with a small group meaning I know everything that drops and I know for a fact that people are complaining about not getting drops from things that have 30+ people which is just silly of course your odds are going to be low. You would have to do 30 events witha group that size just to have the same chance as doing one event by yourself.

Don't complain about drops rates when you gimp yourself.

Weland

Grandmaster
I don't remember reading it being groups with 30+ members having the issue. If that is even the issue then it goes to say that only strong guilds will be able to effectively farm them because they are the only ones that can solo champs. So PUGs, for a lack of a better term, where a group of random people get together so it requires more are just left with slim chances.

Yes if they increases it then the people that can effectively farm it will get it more but the little guy that enjoys playing with his small group of friends gets a little bit better chance. Again I'm not for doubling the drop rate but giving it a nudge to help the little people, lol again for a lack of a better term.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I actually do know more than most because I do a ton of content solo or with a small group meaning I know everything that drops and I know for a fact that people are complaining about not getting drops from things that have 30+ people which is just silly of course your odds are going to be low. You would have to do 30 events witha group that size just to have the same chance as doing one event by yourself.

Don't complain about drops rates when you gimp yourself.

We're (or I am) complaining about the economy and the effects the relics and meta eggs have had on it. It's not going to get any better the way we are going either. When you introduce desirable items and set drop rates / spawn locations in such a way that a singe guild can pretty much monopolize them... they unintentionally, or intentionally, dictate the market and adversely effect the value of every single other item in game. That's what has happened here.

It's like @Beige said here!

I hate the fact that people can get items worth 5m to 10m at all, be it by skill or luck. You can't make anything like that doing anything else , i.e. Tailoring, BS, Rare hunting, any uo profession, even farming with a maxed meta... Getting a single item that drops regularly in the game, shouldn't pretty much by you a Castle... I don't even want to think how much bod cloth i would of had to shlep to make 5m to 10m... back when I did that.
Why donate $3,000, when you can get a PS/Relic and buy 2 to 5 of the 3k tier rewards in game...

Joey Golden

Expert
I agree with original poster, I been on sever for about a year, I have a 115/115 tamer, and a stage 5 meta, I have 0 relics, as I simply can not afford them bc they are extremely over priced imo, I cannot afford a 120 taming either at 10mil. I do have around 5-8 million I have been saving for relic but in reality I will need around 50 million gold to get relics and 120 ps if not more then 50 million which to me is just insane, As there is nothing you can farm to make mills quickly or even a few 100k unless get lucky with tame ss, or do a spawn and get extremely lucky.. Which I have done spawns, RDA's & Arch demon to no aval, No 120s, NO relics, Pretty much a huge waste of time.

And to be honest, this has all just lead to me playing UOF less & less as I know at this rate, it will take me atleast another year if not more to just get my tamer/pet partially done. Not even close to 100%. I just can't do that. I will eventually move on and find a different game that satisfies my desires without having to invest 3 years of heavy playing to accomplish something that should take a year maybe year 1/2.

I know most will not read half of this but it doesn't matter to me, These are my thoughts and how Iv been feeling the past month or two, Honestly it really sucks bc I truly like playing here but I just can't get ahead it seems like, no matter how much stuff I do or how much I play im still in the same position, I am not a newbie Iv played uo for well over 10 years.. This is the hardest sever to obtain stuff that I have ever played on. EVER

EDIT - Not to mention that once I finally get my relics (IF) I do, then I have to level all of them which takes an insane amount of more grinding time, So say 2+ years to obtain the relics, then who knows how long to be able to work them up.. End game yea.. the 5 year plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I agree with original poster, I been on sever for about a year, I have a 115/115 tamer, and a stage 5 meta, I have 0 relics, as I simply can not afford them bc they are extremely over priced imo, I cannot afford a 120 taming either at 10mil. I do have around 5-8 million I have been saving for relic but in reality I will need around 50 million gold to get relics and 120 ps if not more then 50 million which to me is just insane, As there is nothing you can farm to make mills quickly or even a few 100k unless get lucky with tame ss, or do a spawn and get extremely lucky.. Which I have done spawns, RDA's & Arch demon to no aval, No 120s, NO relics, Pretty much a huge waste of time.

And to be honest, this has all just lead to me playing UOF less & less as I know at this rate, it will take me atleast another year if not more to just get my tamer/pet partially done. Not even close to 100%. I just can't do that. I will eventually move on and find a different game that satisfies my desires without having to invest 3 years of heavy playing to accomplish something that should take a year maybe year 1/2.

I know most will not read half of this but it doesn't matter to me, These are my thoughts and how Iv been feeling the past month or two, Honestly it really sucks bc I truly like playing here but I just can't get ahead it seems like, no matter how much stuff I do or how much I play im still in the same position, I am not a newbie Iv played uo for well over 10 years.. This is the hardest sever to obtain stuff that I have ever played on. EVER
So you just want to all end game content asap and then what?

Joey Golden

Expert
How do you figure it is end game content? So once people get thier meta's maxed out they all quit? thats what your saying right? Seems odd to me.

If that is the case, of it being "End Game" Content, then why the fuck did staff put it in after only having sever for what 2 years? So that says there isn't much hope for UOF If this is all the end game content they have.. I guess im just missing the point.. No worries though I will figure it out, or move on. Not a problem.

Joey Golden

Expert
You are completely ignorant, give me the list of players who have quit since finishing their metas up? So what is the point of adding stuff that is going to cause players to quit, If that was the point then why do we even have UOF to begin with? Your not making any sense.

Wrexx

Grandmaster
The drop rate is fine. The end game content is a grind for gold or the item. If you don't get lucky with a relic drop, you are getting gold and powerscrolls along the way. If you don't like to grind out in this game then a meta pet is not for you. They only provide a pve benefit.

If you cannot farm 1 million a week doing Champs and a good recall rotation farm spot a couple hours a night 5 days a week you are not trYing. The only relic worth more than 4 million is qs. You don't need and you shouldn't get 120 taming. Level 7 metas suck ass. Egg costs 500k, stone 2 mill, molten 4 mill , bloody 4 mill, qs 7. 17.5 mill for the best possible level 6 meta you can get. You will farm more than that by the time your pet is finished.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Nobody said relics shouldn't be end game.

Say you double the droprate (which is too drastic IMO) :

QS would be worth 5 mils
Blood, Molten and Nox 2-3 mils

Eggs being 1 mils and stone 2 mils, a pet with all the relics would cost 17 mils.

A 17 mils item is veeeeeeeery end game IMO.

At the moment the pets with 4 relics are worth SO MUCH gold nobody but 2-3 people can afford them.

If we lowered the price on relics, as I said earlier, veterans would still be the one buying them but they would also be able to sell them and maybe get something for the grind.

@bradley- asked 28 millions for his and it had all 4 relics :

10m for QS atm
5-6 for blood, nox and molten

That's about 25 mils. Then you add the stone (2 mils) and the egg (which is an event rare charcoal egg that will probably never be available again).

Basically he's asking the cost of relics and stone, WITHOUT charging anything for the rarity of the egg and the experience of its stage 7 dragon (which takes months to raise).

It's litteraly insane that his pet is worth so much he has to give some "parts" of it for free in order for anyone to just have the gold to think about buying it.

Liberty

Grandmaster
Nobody said relics shouldn't be end game.

Say you double the droprate (which is too drastic IMO) :

QS would be worth 5 mils
Blood, Molten and Nox 2-3 mils

Eggs being 1 mils and stone 2 mils, a pet with all the relics would cost 17 mils.

A 17 mils item is veeeeeeeery end game IMO.

At the moment the pets with 4 relics are worth SO MUCH gold nobody but 2-3 people can afford them.

If we lowered the price on relics, as I said earlier, veterans would still be the one buying them but they would also be able to sell them and maybe get something for the grind.

@bradley- asked 28 millions for his and it had all 4 relics :

10m for QS atm
5-6 for blood, nox and molten

That's about 25 mils. Then you add the stone (2 mils) and the egg (which is an event rare charcoal egg that will probably never be available again).

Basically he's asking the cost of relics and stone, WITHOUT charging anything for the rarity of the egg and the experience of its stage 7 dragon (which takes months to raise).

It's litteraly insane that his pet is worth so much he has to give some "parts" of it for free in order for anyone to just have the gold to think about buying it.
The players here like shiny things and blaze clothes.

Liberty

Grandmaster
And yet everyone who tries to sell shiny things blame the meta relics being too expensive and people saving all their cash for them.

The balance is broken.
Gold can be made too easily by luck. The wealthiest players control the market by buying up stuff and selling it for more. Players are only interested in pets and rare clothes. Prices are jacked up because wealthy folks over pay for all items they want. Now everyone thinks the high prices are the new standard. Rinse repeat.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Gold can be made too easily by luck. The wealthiest players control the market by buying up stuff and selling it for more. Players are only interested in pets and rare clothes. Prices are jacked up because wealthy folks over pay for all items they want. Now everyone thinks the high prices are the new standard. Rinse repeat.

This is what is known as 'progress'.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster

There is more players now and the same amount of relics as before. That has a direct impact on prices, of course. With population growing there should be adjustements to keep prices real.

This is what is known as 'progress'.

lol'd.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
You are completely ignorant, give me the list of players who have quit since finishing their metas up? So what is the point of adding stuff that is going to cause players to quit, If that was the point then why do we even have UOF to begin with? Your not making any sense.
Denozz: first level 7 - burned out barely plays

Bradley: best pet constant top at all events, flirted with selling just last week

EnviousGl: sitting on mils waiting for a relic, started dex tali in meantime, frustrated waiting for relics for that now

yourdaddy: burned out took long break, recently came back

bksdaduo: got bored backed off playing time threatened long break

Me: sat on gold waiting for relic, got so bored and tired of champs rdas with no drops, sold and went mage talis and poker

Sure to be others that are not forum/irc posters.

Any other fucking stupid comments/questions you condescending little twat?

[emoji90]