The meta issue

Kears

Master
I read this and it sounds like a reasonable solution.... but history has shown on UOF that gold sinks have never reduced the price of these types of items. All it does is stall the economy... which is worse IMO!

With history, do you mean with these items, updated Jul 2014??

http://uoforum.com/threads/new-gold-sink-items.38882/

Stall what economy? I, for one, won't buy those for sure with my hard earned gold, lol

One way for gold sink factor to actually work, is to give players things to buy that they really want. Not forgetting relics are closely tied to meta which is endgame content (gold sink should target at endgame content players) which makes perfect sense. This definitely can be explored further.

Lexington

Grandmaster

Stall what economy? I, for one, won't buy those for sure with my hard earned gold, lol

One way for gold sink factor to actually work, is to give players things to buy that they really want. Not forgetting relics are closely tied to meta which is endgame content (gold sink should target at endgame content players) which makes perfect sense. This definitely can be explored further.

When I say these types of items I mean this weeks popular end game item. It all started with the first end game rare... the 120 taming /120 lore. They never dropped because of any gold sink. They only dropped when the spawn rate is increased.

Kears

Master
When I say these types of items I mean this weeks popular end game item. It all started with the first end game rare... the 120 taming /120 lore. They never dropped because of any gold sink. They only dropped when the spawn rate is increased.

This is because the gold sink idea/factor did not kick into effect due to the items in it, imo.

Belge

Grandmaster
I hate the fact that people can get items worth 5m to 10m at all, be it by skill or luck. You can't make anything like that doing anything else , i.e. Tailoring, BS, Rare hunting, any uo profession, even farming with a maxed meta... Getting a single item that drops regularly in the game, shouldn't pretty much by you a Castle... I don't even want to think how much bod cloth i would of had to shlep to make 5m to 10m... back when I did that.

Why donate $3,000, when you can get a PS/Relic and buy 2 to 5 of the 3k tier rewards in game...

Last edited by a moderator:

lollo

Grandmaster
Join an active guild which does champs/rdas/harrowers daily? In less than 3 months every tamer in my guild has meta, bunch of relics and two got 120 taming. Really, it isn't hard.

Only thing that pisses me off is that the market For rares/wearables collapsed

Bromista

Grandmaster

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those items were all Carl and all bad.

I don't miss Carl. I don't miss Carl one bit.

Waterfall was a cool addition though.

Weland

Grandmaster
So I am new to the game, so I know the weight my opinion is not much. So relics and metas are endgame content and yes gold is easy to farm here but if the relics aren't available for the end game players at a reasonable price the end game players are going to get bored and move on. From my understanding once you get your relic or meta it's a whole new ball game. I'm not saying I should GM taming and then in a day or two I got my egg and I'm good to go, but people that are talking about having to wait months is a bit extreme. Having a family and a job like most of us do, I don't have hours a day to farm champs so yes they may be available 5 times a day but I may....may be able to get 1 champ in that day.

So I think an increase in the drop rate or chance would be beneficial but if done should be done in small increments until we find the right solution.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Eggs are common so people can start their meta. Relics are common but are used 4 to 1. As the power gamers get their 4 relics you will see more hitting the market. Drops are fine. You do not want this as a gold sink item. You are not supposed to get end game stuff easy or cheap. (Yes you can get a lucky drop at a champ) but what people are forgetting is once you have it all then you have it all and we all need something to work for.
My meta just hit 7 4 days ago and has the 4 major relics and what in doing the last two days with most of my time? Meta dexer. Don't beg for them to take away the grind because the grind is the game.

Weland

Grandmaster
I don't think they are asking to take away the grind. They are wanting to be able to grind. Waiting for something to drop or having to save up an absurd amount of gold is not grinding. It's more like V said, it's like having a second job.

Edited * When I say they want to be able to grind I'm referencing their end game items or pet*

lollo

Grandmaster
Don't beg for them to take away the grind because the grind is the game.

....if you still enjoy mindless pvm grinding against dirt poor AI from 17 years ago I guess that "the grind is the game".

I'd rather quit playing than farm exp on meta pets/relics.

TL;DR: Everyone likes something different about the game

TheFallen

Grandmaster
If your wanting a meta its for pvm so ya the grind is the game in pvm. You can easily but an egg to start the grind. 1m will get you stated and the 120 Taming or the relics are whenever you get one / can afford one. Something are just going to be out of reach or require some time effort to get. If you want the Super casual player to be able to get it in a week then what's that leave the power gamers to do with the other 6.5 days of their week.
BTW I play 2-5 hour 5 days so I would consider myself an active casual and have obtained everything that you guys are begging for. If you want it earn it. Or like lex used to post wait for it too come down to your price range. Supply and demand. Relics don't wear out eventually eggs will be 200 K and relics will be 500. Don't force the market.

Belge

Grandmaster
Or like lex used to post wait for it too come down to your price range. Supply and demand. Relics don't wear out eventually eggs will be 200 K and relics will be 500. Don't force the market.

I took a 4 month break Nov-Apr aprox, Relics and 120 taming have almost doubled in price since then... people gonna be waiting along time... lol

oomf

Grandmaster
Eggs are common so people can start their meta. Relics are common but are used 4 to 1. As the power gamers get their 4 relics you will see more hitting the market. Drops are fine. You do not want this as a gold sink item. You are not supposed to get end game stuff easy or cheap. (Yes you can get a lucky drop at a champ) but what people are forgetting is once you have it all then you have it all and we all need something to work for.
My meta just hit 7 4 days ago and has the 4 major relics and what in doing the last two days with most of my time? Meta dexer. Don't beg for them to take away the grind because the grind is the game.

The grind would be lvling, we are asking for a drop rate increase on some rare items one of which is useless (gold relic). Its not the same thing. And again someone who already has all of the relics doesn't want everyone else getting them.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Actually I do want others to get them. I want to be the one to sell them to them. If drop rate is raised I'll just get more and sell for less. The point is once everyone has them the demand is gone for the longevity of the shard you can't flood the market with the new goodies or people have nothing yo work for.
If you get your meta to level 7 you will have more than enough gold to buy some relics along the way.

oomf

Grandmaster
Actually I do want others to get them. I want to be the one to sell them to them. If drop rate is raised I'll just get more and sell for less. The point is once everyone has them the demand is gone for the longevity of the shard you can't flood the market with the new goodies or people have nothing yo work for.
If you get your meta to level 7 you will have more than enough gold to buy some relics along the way.

No doubling the rate wouldn't flood the market, you can barely get them now. And even at double the rate they are still going to be 3-5m. Stop being so damn greedy and spread the love man.

Weland

Grandmaster
You can't also choke hold items or the longevity will be affected as well. I don't think anyone is asking for the pendulum to swing in an extreme direction, but that it does need a nudge.

lollo

Grandmaster
If your wanting a meta its for pvm so ya the grind is the game in pvm. You can easily but an egg to start the grind. 1m will get you stated and the 120 Taming or the relics are whenever you get one / can afford one. Something are just going to be out of reach or require some time effort to get. If you want the Super casual player to be able to get it in a week then what's that leave the power gamers to do with the other 6.5 days of their week.
BTW I play 2-5 hour 5 days so I would consider myself an active casual and have obtained everything that you guys are begging for. If you want it earn it. Or like lex used to post wait for it too come down to your price range. Supply and demand. Relics don't wear out eventually eggs will be 200 K and relics will be 500. Don't force the market.

Nah don't get me wrong, as I said in a previous post I think everything is fine as it is. I don't have a tamer nor do i want one, but if I had one I'd already own meta+relics. One just needs to join an active guild, we drop relics every week and I think some of the other active big guilds also do.
Of course most of the drops are going to remain inside the guild, that's one of the reasons why so few relics are on the market.
I'm sure that at least 1 relic gets dropped EVERY day, probably even 2 or 3, it's just that they never reach the forum/irc but they get used instead. Which is totally right.

oomf

Grandmaster
ok well doubling it might be a bit extreme, and you made me a liar :p

Why would that be extreme? They are still going to go for 3million+ People are complaining that they do tons of champs and rdas and never get them.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
The sad part is you guys are asking for increased drops when you have no idea what the current drop rate is.

How many do you think are being consumed / sold to friend guildie composted to hitting the market.

When demand is this high most don't hit the market I would guess 1 out of 10. That will change and they will start selling for less. Either pay early adopter price or wait.