The meta issue

Bromista

Grandmaster
I know I'm right about some of it.

It is possible that the chance to poison is based on magery + poison, so 100.0 poisoning being enough to lethal may not be true 100% of the time. I didn't consider that.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Yes again which of these people has quit? as you haven't listed any, you dumb twat..

bradley I think more then anything wanted to see how much his pet COULD fetch, I dont think it will actually sell..

everyone else you named or mentioned according to you has " given up the grind or taken a break" but none of this is actual facts without any proof to back it up. just your claims.. which is bogus.
You're truly a moron. Nice job repeating my insult, you're original, too.

People get bored when they run out of things to do or get burned out by the meta pet grind. Pure and simple. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to understand that. Sorry your comprehension and observation skills are so lacking.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I personally just spent 5.5 Mil on a Molten Relic and still owe 500k. I have no problem having dropped that 6 mill because like ODB said, it is a bonus for your Meta pet that is not required for it to own. I think it's brilliant they are expensive as crap. I spent 5.5 mill and went in the hole 500k for a Molten and I have NO PROBLEM with it. I'm not bitching about paying 6 mill because it is a luxury i'm willing to pay for to have on my already stacked pet. My level 5 meta is stronger than my 7x WW in terms of tanking abilities pre-relic. I plan on farming an additional 12 mill to get my next 2 relics, plus 10 mill to get my 120 taming. That is going to take me a lot of playing UO but it will give me a goal in a game that is 17 years old when i've done everything else.
6 mill for pixels to FS Torch all mobs close to target and do 6 damage! Heck yes! I'd do it again tomorrow. Please don't change it Shane!
You couldn't afford the six mil? You must not be ready for end game content.

Wow, you're dumb.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
All I know is since dexxer relics have been released I have done every AD, champ, and RDA I can. Granted that may only be 5 a week but sometimes is up to 10+ combined a week. Not to mention I participate in turning in crystals to about 3-10 destard bosses a week. I have yet to see a single relic. That is decent participation in "end game content" with not a sniff. Wouldn't be worried if I had heard of someone getting a relic..but I haven't even seen that!

TraJik

Grandmaster
All I know is since dexxer relics have been released I have done every AD, champ, and RDA I can. Granted that may only be 5 a week but sometimes is up to 10+ combined a week. Not to mention I participate in turning in crystals to about 3-10 destard bosses a week. I have yet to see a single relic. That is decent participation in "end game content" with not a sniff. Wouldn't be worried if I had heard of someone getting a relic..but I haven't even seen that!

You have just had crappy luck man along with some other people. The relics coming up for sale are proof that they are dropping. Some may be older than others but they are still dropping and coming around. I've spent upwards of 15 mill or so on my meta-meta stone- relics but cash is coming in so fast now that I'm using a tamer w/ meta.

TraJik

Grandmaster
You couldn't afford the six mil? You must not be ready for end game content.

Wow, you're dumb.

I could afford 6 mill, hence why i'm not on here whining like a little ***** because I don't have enough discipline to save my money towards a goal. If you have 6 mill and don't want to spend it on a Relic then don't! I'll save my money again and buy the relic that you are unwilling to spend the coin on.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
You said you still owed 500k of the 6 mil. Therefore, you couldn't afford the six mil. But you're calling out another guy that is sitting on double that waiting for the right time to buy like you know anything about anyone....

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
Didn't read most of the OP and browsed a few of the trams posts.

BUT....

I completely disagree.

You don't need a god damned meta pet to be an efficient tamer - shit, im rich as fuck and i don't have one, and my tamer fares better than most the pokemon breeders out there. I've also gotten quite a few relics and 120 tame PS's, yet never used any of them - all of them have been sold and proceeds divided up evenly with guild members present at the spawn.

Meta pets and the associated relics are like end-game content for players - especially trammies. They give people something to strive towards once they've completed their chars and customized their houses etc. The fact alot of you want this shit literally given to you makes me a sad panda bear.

Spawns are pretty much straight trammel anyways, they rarely get crashed and overthrown. Even when they do, it's rare all 3-4 ps/relics/artifacts go to the red guild.

My suggestion - do more spawns and enjoy the game! Alternatively, you can multi client pvm with a normal tamer and a slayer dexer and/or bard dexer - these 2 combined rape any meta pet combo for pvm (just a thought!)

**No surprise that alot of the people wanting easier relics etc are the same type of player asking for things like perma statloss... I really dislike the 'give me everything with no risk/effort' type of player that are as common as flies to shit on UOF.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
I personally just spent 5.5 Mil on a Molten Relic and still owe 500k. I have no problem having dropped that 6 mill because like ODB said, it is a bonus for your Meta pet that is not required for it to own. I think it's brilliant they are expensive as crap. I spent 5.5 mill and went in the hole 500k for a Molten and I have NO PROBLEM with it. I'm not bitching about paying 6 mill because it is a luxury i'm willing to pay for to have on my already stacked pet. My level 5 meta is stronger than my 7x WW in terms of tanking abilities pre-relic. I plan on farming an additional 12 mill to get my next 2 relics, plus 10 mill to get my 120 taming. That is going to take me a lot of playing UO but it will give me a goal in a game that is 17 years old when i've done everything else.
6 mill for pixels to FS Torch all mobs close to target and do 6 damage! Heck yes! I'd do it again tomorrow. Please don't change it Shane![/QUOTE

Just ... lol....

And I'm the one not ready for the end game content.
Just lol...

Nurayia

Expert
I haven't read all of the thread. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents as a very casual player: I'm a tamer and I haven't done much on my taming because it feels even slower as it was on OSI. I run with 2 5-GM-young dragons and we can hunt almost everything before we get PKd. I try to hunt for taming SS because I feel its faster than the actual taming ;) (agreed, doesn't work anymore since the droprate drop, but anyway...)
Now as for metas... everywhere I go in the evening hours, there are ppl with meta pets in various stages. Seems like everyone has one, but me. And I won't ever get one - I'm simply not that rich and I'm not ever going to be. For me, the content might as well not exist.

However, I notice the content exists on a diffrent level: I'm in a huge guild and a really large alliance . I don't ask for much, but when I ask for help once in a month, 1 out of 100 seems to be inclined to help with a problem, the 99 others hunt for scrolls and relics.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Also, guaranteed you would not say that to my face.

1) This will never happen, regardless if either party steps forward and offers to buy a plane ticket.
2) Probably the most easily exploited statement of all time.
3) This has labelled you for all eternity
4) I still find it amusing.

The day this starts becoming true, is the day that teleportation systems are invented to transport something bigger than a grain of salt. I will be first in the market, unless it costs more than $2000.

Ledz Epplin

Master
How about just making it so that a mage can cast EV with a better than 1 in 10? Since I don't play a tamer, I find it boring, nor do I like dexxers, that would make me happy.