RDA's have become like an unending game of late-stage monopoly.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Stop. I don't agree with a single thing you've said in this thread either. No one is trolling you.

Read upward. When someone posts a line item'd list of misrepresentations of what I've said that's a bit on the trollish side.

Its fine if people disagree. There were a lot of respectful disagreements and agreeable back-and-forth's on this thread. However, when a moderator clearly puts words in my mouth. I find that to be trollish. And I point it out. Agreement with my points in beside the point.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Here is the post that I label as trolling:

It is a line item'd list by a moderator that is putting words into my mouth. Read upward of the posts I had written before that. It is clear to a reasonable person that a moderator took great liberty to misrepresent and exaggerate points that I put thought into and suggested in good faith.

One of the tried and true methods of internet trolling is to intentionally read someone's post and then clearly misinterpret what they're trying to say.

Clearly his response falls into that category.

Ignorant?
I have read this entire thread and here is your posts summarized:

1. Young players should be given relics and 120 scrolls because they don't want to grind this game or put in time/effort.
2. You should be able to solo an RDA as soon as you create your account.
3. RDAs should be re-designed to cater to new players because they shouldn't have to work together with others to complete them.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I'll simply say that I am not alone in finding your behavior as less than optimal for a moderator. No harm, no foul man. But you may want to consider how you come across to others considering your position.

Feel free to PM me as well as others to discuss this topic. This goes for everyone else who things my behavior is less than optimal.

GreenB

Master
For those of you saying it is impossible for new players to get into, I previously stated I started off as a poor miner without ever playing UO before. My brother Guwap helped me learn the game and he started off as a bard archer. We progressed slowly and farmed gold, did some champs, then started looking for idocs. We made a fair amount of money off of that, got lucky a few times, then made a tamer. Just a gm tamer, and started looking for RDAs to complete with a couple of people.

We progressed from there and now own a lvl 7 with all the damage relics, a couple of nice houses, and plenty of supplies. It takes time and effort. When I was a new player I didn't expect to get RDAs and relics, I didn't even know what they were until I tried.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Ignorant?
I have read this entire thread and here is your posts summarized:

1. Young players should be given relics and 120 scrolls because they don't want to grind this game or put in time/effort.
2. You should be able to solo an RDA as soon as you create your account.
3. RDAs should be re-designed to cater to new players because they shouldn't have to work together with others to complete them.

A little over the top and getting kind of rude. Tard has a point. RDAs were 'the' system UOF added that was supposed to help new players get relics. That is why it was added, so that new guys could get the goods without having to PvP for it at champs.

Now RDAs have changed from their original purpose into a system which promotes building large groups which are pretty unbalanced for a UO server with not much other content for them, a change which started with a bug that you could track the RDAs that ended up being embraced.

MOTM was then added as the new method for young players to obtain relics without 100% chance that they will need to PvP in order to get them.(all other methods of obtaining a tamer relic have ~95+% chance of PvP besides buying one from another player)

So like Tard is trying to say here..
RDAs would have been a great, fun chance for lucky new players to randomly encounter and obtain meta eggs and relics after passing a basic skill test and completing the RDA. This was changed and now a group of 50 Tamers equipped with bonus drop chance will storm into any RDA before the end 100% of the time and get 100% of the items.

Nobody is saying that there aren't ways to obtain relics if you are new, the point is that now, the only way for new players to get the relic without being put up against the PvP learning curve is to grind hard or donate hard.

What can be done about this? Simply add new RDAs aimed at entertaining newer players which are:

1) easier to complete
2) unable to be tracked
3) chance to get good items from these new RDAs is scaled with account game time. In other words, the more game time you have, the less chance of profiting off newbie RDAs. However the maximum chance to obtain items is still lower than regular RDAs. Also there could be twice as many of these as regular RDAs or more.
4) non PvP zone
5) the exit gate is an actual one-way moongate that will take you to one of the regular moongates, most of which are guard zone.

This really is the optimal solution. It gives 1 more way for young players to get eggs without grinding for months or paying. It's also very fun. It also prepares them for big boy RDAs so they can quickly settle into large guilds without being a burden.

Yes @Swayze tard was rude to you first, we all saw, but in a position of authority you need to be the bigger man and represent UOF properly by ignoring it, not joining in and being rude too. Attitude reflects leadership, so always be constructive no matter what.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
The only stupid thing about RDAs is the lack of PVP with them... faction portal is supposed to be a PVP RDA and it is clearly broken.
Cant really fight inside an RDA without a ton of tamers and then its just blue PKing as no one wants to have red tamers.

Other than that, RDAs are working fine as intended... like I said, you wanna see end-game content, you need a group of players. Solo life is hard on UOF, as it should be.
You must no do the faction RDA often, there is pvp at them at least 90 percent of the time

Afro Man

Grandmaster
1387828353-8790.gif
Free Relics At The Bottom

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
You must no do the faction RDA often, there is pvp at them at least 90 percent of the time

Is this a joke? Never once has anyone tried to PVP to use the faction base -- you simply log in on your alt that is logged out on the base portal spot and go through avoiding any PVP.

we have resorted to bringing in an alt char in a non minax faction to field the gate for 5-10mins prior to RDAs coming up so that you guys will be flagged, unable to go in, and then we guard the base and never once have you attempted to come in and PVP for the faction RDA location(even though you have 20+ online).

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Is this a joke? Never once has anyone tried to PVP to use the faction base -- you simply log in on your alt that is logged out on the base portal spot and go through avoiding any PVP.

we have resorted to bringing in an alt char in a non minax faction to field the gate for 5-10mins prior to RDAs coming up so that you guys will be flagged, unable to go in, and then we guard the base and never once have you attempted to come in and PVP for the faction RDA location(even though you have 20+ online).
Lol maybe you should try going through the gate, then comin out on the other side, that's where the pvp is, not at your base where the only option is that little square room. But hey sit in your base as long as you like, I'll be on the other side of the gate fighting, ya fool

GreenB

Master
A little over the top and getting kind of rude. Tard has a point. RDAs were 'the' system UOF added that was supposed to help new players get relics. That is why it was added, so that new guys could get the goods without having to PvP for it at champs.

Now RDAs have changed from their original purpose into a system which promotes building large groups which are pretty unbalanced for a UO server with not much other content for them, a change which started with a bug that you could track the RDAs that ended up being embraced.

MOTM was then added as the new method for young players to obtain relics without 100% chance that they will need to PvP in order to get them.(all other methods of obtaining a tamer relic have ~95+% chance of PvP besides buying one from another player)

So like Tard is trying to say here..
RDAs would have been a great, fun chance for lucky new players to randomly encounter and obtain meta eggs and relics after passing a basic skill test and completing the RDA. This was changed and now a group of 50 Tamers equipped with bonus drop chance will storm into any RDA before the end 100% of the time and get 100% of the items.

Nobody is saying that there aren't ways to obtain relics if you are new, the point is that now, the only way for new players to get the relic without being put up against the PvP learning curve is to grind hard or donate hard.

What can be done about this? Simply add new RDAs aimed at entertaining newer players which are:

1) easier to complete
2) unable to be tracked
3) chance to get good items from these new RDAs is scaled with account game time. In other words, the more game time you have, the less chance of profiting off newbie RDAs. However the maximum chance to obtain items is still lower than regular RDAs. Also there could be twice as many of these as regular RDAs or more.
4) non PvP zone
5) the exit gate is an actual one-way moongate that will take you to one of the regular moongates, most of which are guard zone.

This really is the optimal solution. It gives 1 more way for young players to get eggs without grinding for months or paying. It's also very fun. It also prepares them for big boy RDAs so they can quickly settle into large guilds without being a burden.

Yes @Swayze tard was rude to you first, we all saw, but in a position of authority you need to be the bigger man and represent UOF properly by ignoring it, not joining in and being rude too. Attitude reflects leadership, so always be constructive no matter what.

In a Fel shard, you can't expect there to be no PvP for rewards so valuable. If you do expect it to be so easy and safe, sounds like tram to me.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
buddy it's fucking pokemon eggs, it is trammel already

truth be told though I only said they should be Non-PvP zones because, even though you can't track them, RDAs have a long past history of becoming predictable as to where and when they spawn and I wouldn't want to see them turn into yet another way for PKs to farm newbies.

If they were actually, actually random then they could have PvP and the system would still function as intended.

GreenB

Master
Whoa calm down. No need to rage. I obviously know as I have participated in 100's of RDAs. In some phases, they have been predictable. In the current one, they are pretty random. I've seen a lot in places I've never seen before.

You want them to be non-pvp zones? So many hours of work finding one, and some randoms come in the RDA you found and they have a chance of getting loot and you can't do anything about it? No thanks. It's Fel. You should be able to murder wherever you please.

If you truly wanted it random, why would an exit gate lead to guard zone. That's not random.