RDA's have become like an unending game of late-stage monopoly.

girana

Grandmaster
There are already plenty of ways "new" players can get relics VERY easily.

1. get one point on champ boss (and stealth away from any pkers if you don't want to fight)
2. get one point on arch demon
3. kill MOTM
4. farm gold and buy it
5. akor
6. warlock

holy shit dude.

u even missed 6 more ways !

Swayze

Grandmaster
Wow wrong on all three counts. Keep trying buddy.

Then please explain because its obvious there are many people in this thread that have no idea what you are trying to explain. Make an actual suggestion to fix the issue you see. From what I see your #1 complaint is young players cannot get relics and 120 scrolls to complete their character, which is 100% false.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Wanna achieve something in UO? Join a large and active guild that will help you.
No active guilds recruiting? EQMS is always recruiting, farm up 200k and let us help you get your piece of the pie.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Then I will summarize:

The new RDA system leads to large guilds finding and completing RDA's at blinding speed. This is problematic because RDA's are the most effective means to obtain relics which is obviously why guilds focus on doing RDA's more than the other means listed. If new players are unable to find the RDA's and participate it leads to our current situation where large groups of veterans dominate the market for relics.

Further, the need for extremely rare relics or 120 taming places a rather large burden for new players that would like to complete their characters. Rather than playing the relic lottery, I suggest that players being given a game play experience where they see measurable success based on the work they put towards their character. This means in lieu of grinding for resources essential to character development, we veterans could instead be given other shiny stuff to seek out when we grind for end game content. @Jongi09 post is a great example of what newer players might consider when they look at the current state of affairs.

Swayze

Grandmaster
Wanna achieve something in UO? Join a large and active guild that will help you.
No active guilds recruiting? EQMS is always recruiting, farm up 200k and let us help you get your piece of the pie.

I am not even in eqms and I support this. There are tons of guilds out there that can help. You can even join a medium sized guild, put an RDA system in place and get people to buy in instead of throwing up your hands and saying "We can't compete". Heck @ProdigyOsi has offered his services/knowledge to help those kind of guilds to get systems in place.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I am not even in eqms and I support this. There are tons of guilds out there that can help. You can even join a medium sized guild, put an RDA system in place and get people to buy in instead of throwing up your hands and saying "We can't compete". Heck @ProdigyOsi has offered his services/knowledge to help those kind of guilds to get systems in place.

And that is not a bad approach, and I would recommend it to newer players. However, I am suggesting that there may be a better approach that still gives veterans something to grind for without it impeding a newer player's chance for success on this shard.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I'm not sure if you're on the same page here. The discussion isn't about guilds being too large. We're discussing the fact that RDA's are designed in a way that is shutting out new players. This discussion has been civil and no blame is being placed. That's because most of us here, myself included, are in large guilds that actually achieve RDA success.

Its the basic math that shows where the problem lies. New players need rare relics to grind their characters, however, these relics are cut off from new players by those of us in large guilds that do RDA's. Many of us here are simply pointing out that this is a concern to new players.

RDAs are NOT for NEW players. They are END GAME content. Relics themselves are a means towards the end game but RDAs are not the best way to get them. You can PvM in 90% of the game without any meta related gear. I think some people are too spoiled by their meta gear they forget that playing this game worked just fine without all of that before and still does. Farming with a dragon and a WW or mare works just fine. At a champ spawn, which is still considered endgame, you can get decent scores on a dexer even without a talisman. MOTM, dungeon crystals, Arch Demon, and champs are all viable options for a chance to get a relic. Each option has it's pros and cons depending on the playstyle of the player.

Look how long RDAs have been around since implemented. Different guilds have had the greatest market share over them throughout the time that they have been around. We happened to get a handful of members that started really getting serious about them and finding them and as we started doing more other members started helping until it blew up into what it is now where the majority of the guild tries to help in some way. Other guilds get RDAs done quite often. Yes there are times where we have gone 3/3 but it is rare. Our market share for a while was very high but as others have started catching on to how to do it we've missed out several times and have even gone 0/3 on occasion as well. During the early part of the day $ has more active members on a lot of times and they often get 1-2 a round. EQMS, when they choose to, get several in a day. T^C has been catching several as well.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
The only stupid thing about RDAs is the lack of PVP with them... faction portal is supposed to be a PVP RDA and it is clearly broken.
Cant really fight inside an RDA without a ton of tamers and then its just blue PKing as no one wants to have red tamers.

Other than that, RDAs are working fine as intended... like I said, you wanna see end-game content, you need a group of players. Solo life is hard on UOF, as it should be.

girana

Grandmaster
The only stupid thing about RDAs is the lack of PVP with them... faction portal is supposed to be a PVP RDA and it is clearly broken.
Cant really fight inside an RDA without a ton of tamers and then its just blue PKing as no one wants to have red tamers.

Other than that, RDAs are working fine as intended... like I said, you wanna see end-game content, you need a group of players. Solo life is hard on UOF, as it should be.

just because eqms fearing to fight some dragons

Young Star

Grandmaster
Then I will summarize:

This is problematic because RDA's are the most effective means to obtain relics which is obviously why guilds focus on doing RDA's more than the other means listed@Jongi09 post is a great example of what newer players might consider when they look at the current state of affairs.

I've closed over 250 RDAs plus had the upgrade for increased drop for the majority of those and haven't gotten 1 single relic drop.

MOTM, Champs, and Arch Demon are the spots where I have gotten all of my personal drops.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I kinda liked the old system. It used to be fun to stumble upon RDA's and assembling a crew to do it. If you found one in a secluded location then you could actually complete without the entire shard coming to it.

Random Dungeon Adventures clearly aren't that random anymore. I do like the idea of increasing ways of getting portal fragments.

Let's see some real fun at RDA's. Allow mounts and make everyone gray like Buc's.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I kinda liked the old system. It used to be fun to stumble upon RDA's and assembling a crew to do it. If you found one in a secluded location then you could actually complete without the entire shard coming to it.

Random Dungeon Adventures clearly aren't that random anymore. I do like the idea of increasing ways of getting portal fragments.

Let's see some real fun at RDA's. Allow mounts and make everyone gray like Buc's.

Yea, allowing mounts and making people gray in RDA's will really help out new/young players. See how people are not understanding what you are trying to say? You are all over the map.

Lopsang

Master
I liked the idea of tmaps / maybe even mibs having a change to drop fragments that could be combined into a portal for an RDA.

As a filthy casual with maybe 1-2 hours a day at most to play I have virtually no chance of ever doing a RDA. If there was an option to "create" a portal via fragments at least I could have a chance of experiencing RDAs.

Sure I could join a guild, but who is going to want someone that sporadically pops up 1-2 hours a day?

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Yea, allowing mounts and making people gray in RDA's will really help out new/young players. See how people are not understanding what you are trying to say? You are all over the map.

Well if the current system is going to stay in place, might as well make it PvP area. New players aren't going to find the RDA's anyway.

Furthermore, at least I have something to say. Your two sentence responses are reliably devoid of any actual suggestions. Typically, your responses are blatant misinterpretations of what someone is clearly trying to say.

Keep on trolling on bro. This is very becoming of a moderator and I am happy to oblige.

Blair

Master
Well if the current system is going to stay in place, might as well make it PvP area. New players aren't going to find the RDA's anyway.

Furthermore, at least I have something to say. Your two sentence responses are reliably devoid of any actual suggestions. Typically, your responses are blatant misinterpretations of what someone is clearly trying to say.

Keep on trolling on bro. This is very becoming of a moderator and I am happy to oblige.

Stop. I don't agree with a single thing you've said in this thread either. No one is trolling you.

Swayze

Grandmaster

1. I am trying to understand what you are suggesting, asking you to elaborate because people are not understanding you.
2. I asked you to make a suggestion to improve the system instead of just complain about it.
3. I asked you to stay on topic and pointed out how you are all over the map which makes things confusing.

Yea, I think those are moderator tasks. aka "trolling" in your mind.