RDA's have become like an unending game of late-stage monopoly.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I think you should all just play the game.

Werkt is a guild that has changed over 3-4 times. They are going to do RDA's until they become tired of them. And that will happen, I promise. Some will then either leave because they feel they've reached end game because there is NO challenge with 20 metas. Some may make a pvp character or decide to hunt solo for the challenge. So this won't last forever and another guild will absorb some of the tamers and maybe another guild will rise up to claim RDAs. So find something else to do for awhile.

And @Shane How about some DOOOOM! That could give people something else to do once they've reached that end game feeling and get bored of clearing RDAs and Champs in 5 minutes.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
I think you should all just play the game.

Werkt is a guild that has changed over 3-4 times. They are going to do RDA's until they become tired of them. And that will happen, I promise. Some will then either leave because they feel they've reached end game because there is NO challenge with 20 metas. Some may make a pvp character or decide to hunt solo for the challenge. So this won't last forever and another guild will absorb some of the tamers and maybe another guild will rise up to claim RDAs. So find something else to do for awhile.

And @Shane How about some DOOOOM! That could give people something else to do once they've reached that end game feeling and get bored of clearing RDAs and Champs in 5 minutes.

You are a blue haired goddess.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It may be tough to fight 20 tamers inside an RDA(and I dunno how you change this) but rest assured -- 20 werkt or $ outside of an RDA is a completely different story #WhyYouShouldPracticePVP

Kilike

Grandmaster
It may be tough to fight 20 tamers inside an RDA(and I dunno how you change this) but rest assured -- 20 werkt or $ outside of an RDA is a completely different story #WhyYouShouldPracticePVP
Take out all the stupid no mount zones, to start.

Sent from my SM-G900P

anything that gets involved with any kind of tracking feature turns to poop.

You can't turn off the tracking because of the tracking bonus people have paid for. They are not going to refund that.
Another thing to add, half of us don't use trackers and they find them as much as trackers do. So technically if this was removed, it will not slow anyone down that knows how to search and run.

BEN!

Grandmaster
Another thing to add, half of us don't use trackers and they find them as much as trackers do. So technically if this was removed, it will not slow anyone down that knows how to search and run.

drinn

Grandmaster
Nothing is monopolized here to be honest as you can enter the "events" pretty easily.

Thing is, it's ALL about YOURSELF and your own MOTIVATION!

Problem is the people, who don't do them with the same PASSION like the people, who get "everything" and just get "richer". You know maybe that is the reason why they get richer after all as they got passion towards of what they are doing. They simply LOVE of what they are doing. People, who lose and doesn't practice get to complain about these things that some guilds are dominating the scene and that "its just 20 players getting all the loot". Weak ones complain. Sometimes even the best ones fail as well, but they usually learn from mistakes and get better. They dont complain. They just continue working and try harder.

Its not about zergs either. You can always do the same thing, if you think thats the way to dominate... or focus on quality instead. Pick one: quality, or quantity. Or both. Creating a zerg, or a team is all about creating relationships and that is just another skill to have as human being. Maintaining a large team is not an easy task to do. I'm actually happy to see WERKT getting bigger and adding some fresh competition. That is what this shard needs: COMPETITION between guilds and players!!

IDOCs = If you only knew the methods to find IDOCs you can enter the scene any time and try to beat others. With your own team, or solo. Or try joining an existing team. Obviously as solo its harder to beat well-organized teams. Changing rules to worse according to people, who doesn't want to do the work or are just being lazy is just lame way to go...

RDA/Champs = You can level up a tamer by your own, or a Dexer and get a talisman. It just takes time and needs work... then you can enter the gates and try your best.

So its all about yourself. Just play the game.

Also not to mention the guilds that have been dominating various aspects of this game have changed during the history. Its not always been the same guilds, or players. People get burnout for example at IDOCs. I could imagine same thing for RDAs(Champs.

Yet, if new changes come players just gotta ADAPT them. The current best ones will just find new ways to get back to dominating the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Nothing is monopolized here to be honest as you can enter the "events" pretty easily.

Thing is, it's ALL about YOURSELF and your own MOTIVATION!

Problem is the people, who don't do them with the same PASSION like the people, who get "everything" and just get "richer". You know maybe that is the reason why they get richer after all as they got passion towards of what they are doing. They simply LOVE of what they are doing. People, who lose and doesn't practice get to complain about these things that some guilds are dominating the scene and that "its just 20 players getting all the loot". Weak ones complain. Sometimes even the best ones fail as well, but they usually learn from mistakes and get better. They dont complain. They just continue working and try harder.

Its not about zergs either. You can always do the same thing, if you think thats the way to dominate... or focus on quality instead. Pick one: quality, or quantity. Or both. Creating a zerg, or a team is all about creating relationships and that is just another skill to have as human being. Maintaining a large team is not an easy task to do. I'm actually happy to see WERKT getting bigger and adding some fresh competition. That is what this shard needs: COMPETITION between guilds and players!!

IDOCs = If you only knew the methods to find IDOCs you can enter the scene any time and try to beat others. With your own team, or solo. Or try joining an existing team. Obviously as solo its harder to beat well-organized teams. Changing rules to worse according to people, who doesn't want to do the work or are just being lazy is just lame way to go...

RDA/Champs = You can level up a tamer by your own, or a Dexer and get a talisman. It just takes time and needs work... then you can enter the gates and try your best.

So its all about yourself. Just play the game.

Also not to mention the guilds that have been dominating various aspects of this game have changed during the history. Its not always been the same guilds, or players. People get burnout for example at IDOCs. I could imagine same thing for RDAs(Champs.

Yet, if new changes come players just gotta ADAPT them. The current best ones will just find new ways to get back to dominating the game.

I certainly don't hate on groups that are going after RDA's. There's a lot of reward in doing them. What people are concerned about is the fact that RDA's are found and done so quickly by the same few groups that it shuts out newer players. Newer players getting shut out wouldn't be such a problem if RDA's weren't one of the main methods of obtaining relics and eggs. That is problematic because the relics and eggs are needed for newer players to level up their tamers and they are scarce.

Its not just the RDA system that has left newer players discouraged. Its the scarcity of 120 taming and major relics. Its a never ending lottery system that takes an enormous amount of time to achieve the resources needed to develop a character. A few newer players have chimed in on how discouraging and unappealing UOF's system is when they look to the future and see little chance of developing their character without non-stop power gaming for months. That is something many find unappealing for a twenty year old wizard game. RDA's being dominated by a few guilds obviously doesn't help that scenario.

I simply propose that veterans can be given other shiney and valuable rare items and gear to grind for while leaving character developing resources available to newer players so that hopefully they want to stick around.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I certainly don't hate on groups that are going after RDA's. There's a lot of reward in doing them. What people are concerned about is the fact that RDA's are found and done so quickly by the same few groups that it shuts out newer players. Newer players getting shut out wouldn't be such a problem if RDA's weren't one of the main methods of obtaining relics and eggs. That is problematic because the relics and eggs are needed for newer players to level up their tamers and they are scarce.

Its not just the RDA system that has left newer players discouraged. Its the scarcity of 120 taming and major relics. Its a never ending lottery system that takes an enormous amount of time to achieve the resources needed to develop a character. A few newer players have chimed in on how discouraging and unappealing UOF's system is when they look to the future and see little chance of developing their character without non-stop power gaming for months. That is something many find unappealing for a twenty year old wizard game. RDA's being dominated by a few guilds obviously doesn't help that scenario.

I simply propose that veterans can be given other shiney and valuable rare items and gear to grind for while leaving character developing resources available to newer players so that hopefully they want to stick around.

Sorry i haven't been following this post to a T. here.

I'm going to be very blunt here when i say that RDA's were designed, are worked on currently and will always be developed in the mindset of the END GAME USER.
We have never, ever, said once that RDA's were designed for new players. The entire system is designed to be really tough challenge while giving veteran players something to strive towards. This was the entire soul purpose of putting this system in when i thought it up......

However,
Is there an issue when everyone joins one guild to monopolize a system? Yes... That is a problem.
Like i said though before, right now it is WERKT, before them it was $, before them it was EQMS, before them it was LORE....

I will admit, werkt has absolutely the most tamers i've ever seen in a guild, but also you need to understand that the more people they have the more issues/greed they have too. If you're doing RDA's with 20 people, chances of you getting anything is just as good as if 4 guilds of 5 people were doing it, right?

Again, RDA's and "NEW PLAYERS" shouldn't even be in the same context. RDA's are end game, champions imo are even end game...
RDA's aren't a selling point, we don't even advertise them at all honestly because it's ridiculous to advertise something that you can't fairly get into unless you've put in 30+ days of SOLID play... or more...

RDA's were for the vets, and vets are using it big time!
I'd rather talk about the problems or issues on how to make them more balanced between veteran players you know?

Also... a brand new player just got a QS using other ways to get relics "to complete their characters": http://www.uoforum.com/threads/pc-on-quicksilver-relic.75693/

Last edited by a moderator:

dobber

Grandmaster

Your arguments are based off untruths. Plenty of ways to get the "needed" relics and eggs. Somehow, the noobs still manage to put many relics and eggs for sale on the forum. Not even counting the ones we don't see that they use themselves, this is in no way one guild locking others out from attaining these "needed" noob items. You are full of whiney shit.

girana

Grandmaster
i can only speak for $ guild

but we got BY FAR MORE relics from other source then RDAs

H A R R O W E R has huge drop chance someone told me ;)

BEN!

Grandmaster
You can think that. I do not really care.

if someones new to RDAs you should be telling them to spend the 2 hours needed to make a tracker. At GM you get a 60 tile track radius which can allow you to cover 3x the ground, if you get the crystal w/upgrade you get 80 tiles and cover 4x the ground. telling people tracking doesn't matter is just bad information (but i guess we don't want them finding them?)

Furync

Grandmaster

I agree with Tard. I'm new-ish and I can tell something is off with the current system. Dexxer Relics in my case. I don't know what the solution is.

And please stop with the "I killed my first MOTM and got a QS" stuff. That's pure BS (or an insane amount of luck in this case).

Proof something is wrong is when you have now several of these topics going and all have tons of views/replies. If it's such a strong point for debate, than why should we think the current system works? Quite a few seem to obviously agree to the opposite.

Anyways, staff seems pretty firm in their opinion so I'm off to drop crystals in hyth for my 0.4% chance at a relic.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk