RDA's have become like an unending game of late-stage monopoly.

girana

Grandmaster
if someones new to RDAs you should be telling them to spend the 2 hours needed to make a tracker. At GM you get a 60 tile track radius which can allow you to cover 3x the ground, if you get the crystal w/upgrade you get 80 tiles and cover 4x the ground. telling people tracking doesn't matter is just bad information (but i guess we don't want them finding them?)

its 30 / 40 radius

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radius

if someones new to RDAs you should be telling them to spend the 2 hours needed to make a tracker. At GM you get a 60 tile track radius which can allow you to cover 3x the ground, if you get the crystal w/upgrade you get 80 tiles and cover 4x the ground. telling people tracking doesn't matter is just bad information (but i guess we don't want them finding them?)

Wow 60 tiles? RDAs do not track as far as characters. I think it's actually 30. And the upgrade was 40? But I am not 100%.

dobber

Grandmaster
why we are linking wikipedia for radius? if you are going to post it at least take a second and read it (if you track 60/80 tiles every direction the radius is 60/80.)

don't really need to get geometry involved to be able to say tracking is extremely helpful and anyone telling you otherwise is bullshitiing

The hypocrisy shows so hard on "bad information" lol. Learn some basic math would be extremely helpful. Not only that, but you don't really need tracking. Many locations such as most dungeons, towns are easy to run without tracking.

BEN!

Grandmaster
The hypocrisy shows so hard on "bad information" lol. Learn some basic math would be extremely helpful. Not only that, but you don't really need tracking. Many locations such as most dungeons, towns are easy to run without tracking.

basic math? it's common sense. Spend 2 hours making a tracker and you will find a lot more RDAs..... anyone that has ever searched for RDAs can tell you that (unless they got some shady motives)

LoNE WoLF

Master
I agree with Tard. I'm new-ish and I can tell something is off with the current system. Dexxer Relics in my case. I don't know what the solution is.

And please stop with the "I killed my first MOTM and got a QS" stuff. That's pure BS (or an insane amount of luck in this case).

Proof something is wrong is when you have now several of these topics going and all have tons of views/replies. If it's such a strong point for debate, than why should we think the current system works? Quite a few seem to obviously agree to the opposite.

Anyways, staff seems pretty firm in their opinion so I'm off to drop crystals in hyth for my 0.4% chance at a relic.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Insane amount of luck is what these events are designed around bud. I'm not quite sure what your stance is here? You want relics to fall from the sky like snowflakes!? As @AssHat said, he spent a year in RDAs to finally get his first relic drop. That to me sounds like any other raid in any other game. Random drops at an extremely rare drop rate.

If they increased the drop rates of relics you would be beside all these same people in future threads bitching that everyone HAS relics and the shard is too OP.

I think @Bromista may be on to something. Adding some content for new players to help establish our new comers (not too quickly of course, UO is meant to be a grind after all) would fill a void as he put it.

Furync

Grandmaster
Insane amount of luck is what these events are designed around bud. I'm not quite sure what your stance is here? You want relics to fall from the sky like snowflakes!? As @AssHat said, he spent a year in RDAs to finally get his first relic drop. That to me sounds like any other raid in any other game. Random drops at an extremely rare drop rate.

If they increased the drop rates of relics you would be beside all these same people in future threads bitching that everyone HAS relics and the shard is too OP.

I think @Bromista may be on to something. Adding some content for new players to help establish our new comers (not too quickly of course, UO is meant to be a grind after all) would fill a void as he put it.
I don't have a stance to be honest, other than I think something is just "not right" with the current system and I can't put my finger on it. But I agree with you that they shouldn't be falling from the sky either.

I guess I just can't fathom how someone can farm several millions of gold for an item (or 4) that is needed for their development. If these Relics would somehow fall into the hands of those who need them instead of just anybody, that would bring the odds in our favor significantly.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster

I agree that UO should be a grind. It gives you something to work towards. However, newer players have pointed out that they are spending countless hours fruitlessly grinding in hopes of winning the relic lottery. My two cents is that it would be encouraging for new players to see their time go towards progressing their character eg leveling up their skills/relics rather than the fruitless search of relics/120 taming.