EQMS & Ransom

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpeNoctem

Novice
Your 4th post on UOF and you're already trashing other players... you'll fit right in here *rolls eyes*
How is it trashing? Just because I've gotten on the forums recently doesn't mean shit. Just came back to this shard and see the crying hasn't stopped much. I was just asking why OP shit on himself.

Are all 2k+ of your posts filled with as much BS?

OP -- Sorry you made a bad deal. But next time, ball your pet. #notcomingbacktothispost

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
5gqafta.jpg

Swayze

Grandmaster
I am new to taming, never did it 10 years ago. never had a pet summoning ball. I was always a dexor, now with this shard I wanted to try everything, so I now have legendary crafter, stealthers, t hunter, legendary miner. working on tamer bard now and my talismans. put so much effort in to get the funds to get the meta. after I got the meta it made me want to keep taming as painful as it is. Now with these actions it just makes me want to say fuck it and quit because the griefers are just getting worse.

What level was the meta?

khajja

Master
EQMS has changed pretty significantly.

They used to brag about being a red guild. Now they seem to play blues more than reds.
EQMS used to trap pets and would release them after a forum post praising Jesus of SDS. Now they ask for gold ransom and never return the pet.

What gives?

Actions of select few that are not supported by management or the new normal in EQMS's quest to be the new $?

K A Z

Grandmaster
that's a really fucked up situation right there - maybe Staff could add an Item that allows for such transactions to take place without the chance of the capturer to sack in the gold without releasing the beast ? I mean I'm all for pet trapping (survival of the fittest, and generally you should never take your pets anywhere outside of a dungeon if you're not prepared to lose/ball it), but things like these just keep players from actually playing the game - not good at all. I've quit trapping pets as a whole myself (partly bcuz ball charges r too cheap for the time it takes me to lure, partly bcuz I cant be bothered to "teach lessons" anymore), but yet I don't think that those saying that it shouldnt be allowed in the first place are right. Trapping a pet is part of UO, and has alot to do with the risk vs. reward upon which this glorious game is build.

waiting on @GluttonySDS to comment on this. This might actually change the way in which I look at EQMS totally.

SpyderBite

Expert
I don't see the issue. I feel like the OP just wasn't careful about what they were doing. UO is UO. You gotta watch your own ass all the time.
Gotta agree. Suspect everyone. Unless one is brand new to the UO world, there is no reason for taking unnecessary chances when you don't have to.

Messremb

Grandmaster
I'm so confused. You brought an unballed meta pet to the EQMS guildhouse? And who did you deal with. Usually Gluttony is a man of his word.
Gluttony is anything but a man of his word. this is not the first time he has accepted a ransom and not released the pet. ask that nightmare guy in werkt. last time the GMs stepped in and returned the pet since the ransom had been paid.

i also have proof from him that he has no issues lying to people.

also see the post where he scammed @tonkLoD

SpyderBite

Expert
How is it trashing? Just because I've gotten on the forums recently doesn't mean shit. Just came back to this shard and see the crying hasn't stopped much. I was just asking why OP shit on himself.

Are all 2k+ of your posts filled with as much BS?

OP -- Sorry you made a bad deal. But next time, ball your pet. #notcomingbacktothispost
It's UO. Historically, the crying will never stop. Hell the Stratics forums are still full of boo hoo with all but perma-invul implemented.

JackPalance

Master
Something about UO seems to bring out the inner sociopath in some people. Some may say they are role playing or acting the part. If that's the case then certain people deserve an Oscar as their performance is on par with Laurence fucking Olivier

Salsa

Grandmaster
This was actually the thing that pushed me off the fence.

I've left EQMS for greener pastures. Been a good couple years but the dynamic has changed and it's filled with poison. Still much respect for @GluttonySDS though. I couldn't put up with the people he does.

steve-o

Grandmaster
im not siding with either im saying its suspect. both sides 100% capable of making shit up to dirty the othersides name. neither am i saying stealing the pet is wrong i would of stole his pet aswell and so would you bobby :).

diff is we would of sold it back if we agreed to the ransom
we would NEVER create an account for it... i prefer to kill them and grief them ingame

Guwap

Grandmaster
Did glutt know about this? Is there anything he can do?

Not honoring ransoms is bad PR. :(
Sorry for your loss, OP.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
This was actually the thing that pushed me off the fence.

I've left EQMS for greener pastures. Been a good couple years but the dynamic has changed and it's filled with poison. Still much respect for @GluttonySDS though. I couldn't put up with the people he does.

I can't believe it.... You might turn out to be a decent bloke now, unlike me, I am unwashed and nasty :(

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I'm Def not a $ member, not a big fan of $ or power. PCH are ok, done champs with them and Greenbud is good in my book. I'm the new Head Crafter of ETC, and LP thunter miner of TBA with my own small guild of friends of LoCo

Then why are you trying to get into EQMS? Seriously...and people wonder why we get raided so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.