So some things don't change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Yes I 100% think it would limit/stop you from recalling in and killing peoples pets as you would eventually be forced to go red and you guys dont play reds.

Thanks for proving my point m8.

knowing their multiclient-pvp skillz i'd think that they'd have their ways to exploit such a system

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
knowing their multiclient-pvp skillz i'd think that they'd have their ways to exploit such a system

Theres no exploiting getting a murder count for killing a pet -- eventually they would go red which we know would never happen. They are a blue griefing guild... this is the last area where you can blue grief with little to no penalty and it should definitely be looked at given the large amount of PVErs on this shard.

At least PKs have some consequence for their actions -- blue PKs have 2mins of being grey for costing someone hours upon hours for killing their meta.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
For once, I agree with Glutt.

And $ people commenting, are really showing why people call you trash of the server. You want to grief but remain blue? No.
You consider yourselves great pvpers but need to kill blue players farming and then not even attack them but attack their pets?

So your play style, that's how you have fun...whatever. So be it but there should be some consequences.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Can we all just agree that $ aren't pvpers? At all. They are griefers, plain and simple. Killing pets is the only thing they can do because they suck at anything remotely resembling real pvp. And yes, @GluttonySDS has said this time and time again and everyone should be on board with it: if you kill a pet, you get a count. Simple. You want to be a griefer? Then you get to go red like anyone else.

@Shane this is a real thing that needs to be addressed. Shit gets old hearing Bobby's stupid "WINS AGAIN" threads every 2 seconds when all they do is grief just to grief.

Kilike

Grandmaster
I'm sorry, but counts for killing pets? Not necessarily a trammy idea, but a stupid idea non the less.

It's not skill, and it's just as much pvp/griefing as 10v1 zergs are.

Honestly I'm pretty surprised there's anyone even considering it. There's already enough watered down bullshit on this server from all the tears of "pvpers".

Starting to doubt many of you really played in this era at all. Grief is part of what makes this era great, and a huge majority of that has been taken away to benefit trammy, and trammy wanna be pvpers.

Here's an idea. Let's copy the world as it is, make it look more alive, and keep all reds out. We could call this new copy of the world tra..... Uhhh, trannyland. Yeah that's it. Then you know, to keep our current fel worth going to, we could make houses in fel be allowed to be broken into, no more no cut zones, increased spawn rates, and the champ spawns and rdas will only spawn there.

I know this idea is truly one of a kind, and has never been done before, but it really seems it's what both trammies and "pvpers" want.

Ps unless a new fix has recently gone in, that I missed. You absolutely can recall if your pets are attacked and you didn't say all kill.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
cOPZPww.jpg

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I'm sorry, but counts for killing pets? Not necessarily a trammy idea, but a stupid idea non the less.

It's not skill, and it's just as much pvp/griefing as 10v1 zergs are.

Honestly I'm pretty surprised there's anyone even considering it. There's already enough watered down bullshit on this server from all the tears of "pvpers".

Starting to doubt many of you really played in this era at all. Grief is part of what makes this era great, and a huge majority of that has been taken away to benefit trammy, and trammy wanna be pvpers.

Here's an idea. Let's copy the world as it is, make it look more alive, and keep all reds out. We could call this new copy of the world tra..... Uhhh, trannyland. Yeah that's it. Then you know, to keep our current fel worth going to, we could make houses in fel be allowed to be broken into, no more no cut zones, increased spawn rates, and the champ spawns and rdas will only spawn there.

I know this idea is truly one of a kind, and has never been done before, but it really seems it's what both trammies and "pvpers" want.

Ps unless a new fix has recently gone in, that I missed. You absolutely can recall if your pets are attacked and you didn't say all kill.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Wrong -- on OSI griefing had its place.... on a free shard in 2016, excessive griefing without consequence has no place. With PKing, the reds can have their head cut and be out of the game for 2 days. Blue griefing of pets has no consequence other than being gray for 2minutes... if you want to grief on UOF, you should be prepared to go red and face retribution.

Thanks @Shane @eppy for taking a look at this.

Getting ganked or killed while farming is part of what makes this game fun. You never know what is going to happen because people can do whatever they want. Every day is different and you encounter different people. Sometimes you end up on top and other times other people get the best of you. Learn from the encounter and try to come up with ways to be more prepared next time.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Getting ganked or killed while farming is part of what makes this game fun. You never know what is going to happen because people can do whatever they want. Every day is different and you encounter different people. Sometimes you end up on top and other times other people get the best of you. Learn from the encounter and try to come up with ways to be more prepared next time.

Getting PKd is one thing -- killing people's pets because there is no penalty past 2 minutes is completely different, especially when people care about pets way more than they do their own lives.

Getting PKd is one thing -- killing people's pets because there is no penalty past 2 minutes is completely different, especially when people care about pets way more than they do their own lives.

That's because they lose it while their character can get resurrected. A new player like me who finally gets their hands on their first vanquisher cares about it greatly and they don't want to lose it --but it happens.

I haven't tired taming yet so I can't really comment on losing pets like dragons or whatever... but people do kill my pack horses while I am mining from time to time, but leave me alive. It's kind of amusing. I just laugh and go buy another. It's UO

Cheapsuit

Master
People having been killing and robbing pack mounts for their goods since the beginning of UO, it would be a shame if you have to take counts for catching someone moving their goods from one house to another and robbing their pack mounts. This has been a big part of UO for 18 years and it just doesn't seem right to lose this portion of the game just because someone ran into a group of people who's play style wasn't in tune with theirs. This is just one of a few repercussions that would come from a change like what's being suggested.

drasked

Grandmaster
That's because they lose it while their character can get resurrected. A new player like me who finally gets their hands on their first vanquisher cares about it greatly and they don't want to lose it --but it happens.

I haven't tired taming yet so I can't really comment on losing pets like dragons or whatever... but people do kill my pack horses while I am mining from time to time, but leave me alive. It's kind of amusing. I just laugh and go buy another. It's UO

Killing a meta pet is much more significant than killing a player but has no penalty. Pretty trammy if you ask me. This caters to a weak play style and allows for trashcans like bobby and co to grief people without any repercussions.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Killing a meta pet is much more significant than killing a player but has no penalty. Pretty trammy if you ask me. This caters to a weak play style and allows for trashcans like bobby and co to grief people without any repercussions.
Is it? Is it really? They reset every 2mil xp. It's really not that big of deal. It's pretty sad how much people cry about it really.

Sent from my SM-G900P

Status
Not open for further replies.