RDA's have become like an unending game of late-stage monopoly.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
It happens quite a bit.

Maybe it does. But excluding the massive coincidence possibility, it can only happen as often as Werkt doesn't show up immediately after someone finds a gate (or that Werkt arrives at a gate before them, given how quickly Werkt can shut these things down).

Most people seem to think that that happens a lot. In fact, nobody in this thread but the people who have an interest in the status quo (i.e. werkt members) have said otherwise.

It's just hugely unlikely that "quite a bit' means anything more than 'occasionally' or 'more than we'd like'.

Maybe it does. But excluding the massive coincidence possibility, it can only happen as often as Werkt doesn't show up immediately after someone finds a gate (or that Werkt arrives at a gate before them, given how quickly Werkt can shut these things down).

Most people seem to think that that happens a lot. In fact, nobody in this thread but the people who have an interest in the status quo (i.e. werkt members) have said otherwise.

It's just hugely unlikely that "quite a bit' means anything more than 'occasionally' or 'more than we'd like'.

I do love that you guys are primarily focused on Werkt as the Almighty of RDaAs, which in all reality, we fight $ over RDAs every morning, day and sometimes at night if they have enough people on. If we are not fighting money, we are fighting eqms. Same with actually having all three guilds in one RDA which ends up with no fighting at all most of the time.

dobber

Grandmaster
I don't disagree with either of those statements.

The thing that concerns me is the effect of making (what may as well be) a promise and then allowing circumstances to persist that prevent those people who are still deciding whether the server is right for them from enjoying the object of that pseudo-promise.

Example: You go to Disneyland for the rides. Suppose you were to arrive and discover a line so long that you, and the others who arrived with you, won't get to go on the ride. Yes you could camp out overnight (i.e. do something about it), but the fact would remain that you were promised an opportunity to ride a ride but it turned out that that opportunity wasn't, by any stretch, reasonably available.

Your solution (join, or make, a big guild) doesn't, and can't, solve the problem for at least two reasons:
  • 1. It's not possible for a good number of people.
    • Very few people (effectively zero) have the mojo that enabled you to build your group (which is truly impressive).
    • Whether or not someone can join a guild is not up to them (if you were to appeal to your liberal recruitment of newbs, I'd say that the accessibility of any designed category of game content shouldn't depend on whether someone is a member in one specific player-run guild.)
  • 2. Following your advice would result in the existence of one guild for RDAs - i.e. exactly the current situation and the problem at issue.
    • If your chances to play an RDA are, generally, better the bigger your guild is, then everyone will join the biggest guild, and so there will only be one guild to be a member of if you want to play RDAs.
    • Yes it's possible that two guilds could be tied for biggest RDA guild, but that situation would only persist so long as the number of people who want to play RDAs and who follow your advice is divisible by the number of RDA guilds.

Your reasons are bologna. If someone doesn't have the mojo to search, why should they get anything for nothing? Why should a smaller guild be able to beat a larger guild? You really have no clue what goes on at RDA's and have only whined this entire time. No suggestion? Because it's not a problem.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
So peoples arguments for not fixing the faction RDA to make it factioners only is it shouldnt exist in the first place so dont change it? Heaven forbid a faction that controls the sigil tied to the faction RDA reaps the benefit of stealing, guarding, and capturing the sigils.

So peoples arguments for not fixing the faction RDA to make it factioners only is it shouldnt exist in the first place so dont change it? Heaven forbid a faction that controls the sigil tied to the faction RDA reaps the benefit of stealing, guarding, and capturing the sigils.

I don't remember saying leave it the way it is. I suggested to remove it or make is accessible to all factions. Not just the faction that controls the sigil. The bonus should be that it spawns at the base. No more.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Your reasons are bologna. If someone doesn't have the mojo to search, why should they get anything for nothing? Why should a smaller guild be able to beat a larger guild? You really have no clue what goes on at RDA's and have only whined this entire time. No suggestion? Because it's not a problem.

That didn't respond to anything I wrote.

I wrote about the problem posed to server growth by making promises that are then broken as a consequence of the present circumstances.

dobber

Grandmaster
Can you post a picture of what this promise is you are speaking of?

Example: You go to Disneyland for the rides. Suppose you were to arrive and discover a line so long that you, and the others who arrived with you, won't get to go on the ride. Yes you could camp out overnight (i.e. do something about it), but the fact would remain that you were promised an opportunity to ride a ride but it turned out that that opportunity wasn't, by any stretch, reasonably available.

To me this whole thread is better analogized by: you see an ad for disneyland, realize that you actually have to drive to disneyland, call and complain about disneyland being inaccessible.

mishrathium

Neophyte
For those of us who have no idea what an RDA is, "Random Dungeon Adventure"

• Create 5 different small dungeons with an end boss.
  • One portal will spawn at a totally random location on the map or in a dungeon and stays open.
  • Once all mobs/boss are killed in that dungeon area all players will get reward based on damage.
  • All Playermobiles the dungeon area will be teleported to original portal enterance.
  • Portal will dissapear and re-appear somewhere else randomly around the world for the next adventurer to find.
  • RDA's will be the only way to obtain shards to create the Legendary Hammer.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
I just find it odd that those who are calling for change in this thread admittedly don't participate in RDAs. Try first then complain imo.

If RDAs were accessible to every lazy/whiney/trammey chump, there would be no UOF

To this, I will add that the whole "won't someone think of the new players" is such a cop-out. In no world do I think that RDAs are designed for new players.

if instead you are a small guild who is serious about getting into RDAs, hit me up. I will help you get set up and organized.

RDAs aren't, and shouldn't be a welfare line. If you want to do them, you can. But you need to try!

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I just find it odd that those who are calling for change in this thread admittedly don't participate in RDAs. Try first then complain imo.

To this, I will add that the whole "won't someone think of the new players" is such a cop-out. In no world do I think that RDAs are designed for new players.

if instead you are a small guild who is serious about getting into RDAs, hit me up. I will help you get set up and organized.

RDAs aren't, and shouldn't be a welfare line. If you want to do them, you can. But you need to try!

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Its worth considering the experience that new players have when they arrive on the shard.

Having end game content for veteran players and giving new players a chance to get started aren't mutually exclusive.

My whole point is that new players would be better served if they could measure their progress by focusing their efforts on grinding their character rather than playing a lottery that's getting pigeon holed by larger guilds. The relic lottery is a rigged game that obviously discourages new players. This is because the new players must get their needed relics before they can really start to grind their characters. The grind is time consuming enough but at least a new player can see results based on the work they put towards it. The relic lottery though is a huge barrier to overcome before they even get a chance to develop their characters.

Considering the extremely high prices of the better relics, the current system funnels a lot of gold to the veterans that can effectively horde the valuable relics. This forces newer players to farm countless hours to pay veteran players for the horded relics. All of that just so they can begin the long long grind of developing their character. Hardly seems hospitable to the newbs that might want to join us.

Perhaps we veterans should be given some other type of goodies to grind for rather than extremely rare commodities that are vital to the character development of new players.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
ts worth considering the experience that new players have when they arrive on the shard.

Having end game content for veteran players and giving new players a chance to get started aren't mutually exclusive.

My whole point is that new players would be better served if they could measure their progress by focusing their efforts on grinding their character rather than playing a lottery that's getting pigeon holed by larger guilds. The relic lottery is a rigged game that obviously discourages new players. This is because the new players must get their needed relics before they can really start to grind their characters. The grind is time consuming enough but at least a new player can see results based on the work they put towards it. The relic lottery though is a huge barrier to overcome before they even get a chance to develop their characters.

Considering the extremely high prices of the better relics, the current system funnels a lot of gold to the veterans that can effectively horde the valuable relics. This forces newer players to farm countless hours to pay veteran players for the horded relics. All of that just so they can begin the long long grind of developing their character. Hardly seems hospitable to the newbs that might want to join us.

Perhaps we veterans should be given some other type of goodies to grind for rather than extremely rare commodities that are vital to the character development of new players.

This sounds like a reasonable analog for life. Kinda poetic if you ask me.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
This sounds like a reasonable analog for life. Kinda poetic if you ask me.

Haha I guess that's unfortunately true.

I'm just wondering how many new players have started new characters here and then taken a look around and thought, "nope, there's no way I'm going to be able to get going here without grinding 12 hours a day to compete."

Could we veterans be given other desirable shiny things to grind for? Yes, with a bit of creativity the sky is the limit.

Would newer players be encouraged to stick around if they thought they had a chance to compete? I'd imagine so.

GreenB

Master
When I was a noob miner first week on the server, I found a Mysterious Gate and sold the location for a few 100k.