Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

K A Z

Grandmaster
In two days you can make another toon easy... and gold isn't that hard to make here!

first you said it sucks becuz everyone has 21 reds, now you encourage people to built more chars.. weird.

I can't stand the bounty system... that's not punishment for rich players that will drop 7+ mil on a relic (for their PVM toon) in a heart beat!

only a minority of the PKs (if even anyone) has that much gold since ole flube has retired.

Lexington

Grandmaster
pvp should be consensual?.. every suggestion you've mad is taking away game aspects that UO was built upon...every other mmorpg that's not a sandbox has consensual pvp. what will your next post be ? that admins make a script for a battle ground similar to wows? UOG thrived for 8 years they had 1000-2000 ips on from 02-08(thats when i quit playing)with no punishment for reds...just sayin.

I never suggested to take away the non-consensual Pking... so I'm not sure where you going with this?

K A Z

Grandmaster
why not just take away the current bounty system and enable a permanent statloss when you die?

stat gain is easy as hell on this server and if you complain about having to regain skills for 2 hours over stat for 2 days then YOURE STUPID

thank me later

perma statloss sounds cool to kids who play alot / have alot of time retrain their chars -

it'd suck for casual players (and part of this shards philosophy has always been to give those players a home)

Derwolf

Grandmaster
I never suggested to take away the non-consensual Pking... so I'm not sure where you going with this?

"Nope that is BS... that's why PVP should be consensual. Every one should be ORANGE if they want PVP. Pking is different!!" -Troll King of 2015

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
perma statloss sounds cool to kids who play alot / have alot of time retrain their chars -

it'd suck for casual players (and part of this shards philosophy has always been to give those players a home)

lets say a -1 all skill penalty.

thats literally... 1 or 2 hours of regaining, or even less. that sounds more fair than 50k loss or 2 day ban.

say bye to pk tamers HAHAHAGAHAH

K A Z

Grandmaster
lets say a -1 all skill penalty.

thats literally... 1 or 2 hours of regaining, or even less. that sounds more fair than 50k loss or 2 day ban.

say bye to pk tamers HAHAHAGAHAH

not a bad idea at all, but knowing our PVM/trammy/bluebian community I can guarantee that this proposal is unacceptable.

Lexington

Grandmaster
first you said it sucks becuz everyone has 21 reds, now you encourage people to built more chars.. weird.

I said it sucks because everyone has 21 reds... when?

You guys are trying to make is seem like I hate the PK aspect of this game... that is simply not true. I wouldn't play here if they didn't exist.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I said it sucks because everyone has 21 reds... when?

You guys are trying to make is seem like I hate the PK aspect of this game... that is simply not true. I wouldn't play here if they didn't exist.

then you're just stuck in a 1997 time bubble with all that short/longterm murder count talk. Burst it and break out.

Weland

Grandmaster
I think the problem here is assuming EQMS is like the CoM kids who play 20hours a day and have been on UOF for 2 straight years.

EQMS is a guild full of the common man, most of us are old, have jobs/kids/wives/boyfriends(we have gays) and play just a few hours at night etc -- many of us have only been on UOF for 2 weeks now and are about as broke as anyone else. Most have 1 char, 2 at most and probably 100k total to their name. While we are organized and well led we are not rich/elite by any means.

I will not take away from you being well organized, even though I haven't seen much you personally. I wont challenge your integrity either about the gold.

If this is the truth then the answer to my previous question if you got your teeth kicked in a few times you would have to basically refit, farm more gold to afford the fines.

Fair enough.

So I guess I'll ask this then.

When you guys roll out if you run across a guild and or a group of people do you kill them and sit on them? Basically if a guild wants to do a champ and you roll in and screw things up for them do you camp their bodies? Or do you go on looking for fresh prey and they can come back and try again knowing that hey yea they got us again but at least they wont be back right away and we might be able to squeeze this one in.

Bromista

Grandmaster
No, no, no.

Two different arguments.

Currently the name of the game is come back on an alt when you die. Chars are cheap and easy to make here so no one has an excuse not to.

Exceptttttt here we have players saying "boo hoo not everyone is rich like u" when the reality is you don't need to be rich to play that way.

Lex is offering solid advice based on the current state of the game. He's not saying he wants it to be that way. He's saying hey guy, don't be an idiot. You can do this big fella. Just hop on your alt like a big boy.

9-21 chars across three accts. Don't tell me anybody gets truly knocked out of the game for 48hrs.

It costs 50k and takes 10-15hrs to make a 7x mage. If you'd rather stay "out of the game for 48hrs" than make another mage, then get the fuck out and stay the fuck out because you're one can short of a six pack. You should have never been able to get that many counts in the first place.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
If we kill the blues at a champ spawn we dont sit there res killing until they log off... we kill and secure the area and then leave. If the blues go back to try the same champ without switching things up and we find them again, we fight again.

We've lost men at champs and have had failed champ raids before...spawn kills more EQMS than anyone else.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
then you're just stuck in a 1997 time bubble with all that short/longterm murder count talk. Burst it and break out.

this^^

i'm sick of these players stuck in 98' OSI. When in 98' they were the shards "best pvper" w/full set of daemon bone armor and of course they played nothing but a red lmao

Lexington

Grandmaster
not a bad idea at all, but knowing our PVM/trammy/bluebian community I can guarantee that this proposal is unacceptable.

That's a dumb idea too....... Permanent statloss is dumb. That's why is was taken out of the game.

I give up... if you guys can't see that there was only one statloss system that every worked properly on UO then so be it. I'm not going to quit and cry over it... It's just too bad because it would truly help with the longevity of this server.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
9-21 chars across three accts. Don't tell me anybody gets truly knocked out of the game for 48hrs.

We have plenty of members who only play a few hours 3 days a week. These members have 1 PK and MAYBE one other blue and definitely cannot afford to pay 50k for their head and are forced off their PK for 2 days. I wish we were all 19 and could play UO 20hours a day but we got old.

Weland

Grandmaster
Well I'll be honest. I've given more than my 2 cents at this point. I see both side's point and I've tried to come to a mutual ground for both. I have failed o_O and that is ok. I'm not going to quit UOF over this and I'm sure things will pan out eventually.

Large guilds that dominate servers are part of the game, especially in sandbox MMOs. Like Rome eventually they fall.

I just hope the server as a whole doesn't suffer in the process and when I finally GM Taming some time this year I hope there are peeps to play with lol.

Gluttony I appreciate you taking my idea into consideration and being honest with your feedback.

Let's sing and hold hands is UO for the over 40s who use UOF as a lava life or as a secret way of committing adulterous acts. The trammel community never ceases to amaze me with their nerdy UO hookups, cheating and lies.
Let's see, incoherent.. check. Unintelligent.. check. Childish.. check. Crying.. Check.

Confirmed POWER post. Funny seeing these hypocrites talking about game related IRL drama... Forget about Flube and Candy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.