Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
@GluttonySDS

Basically it would break down something like this:

A guild is free to open world pvp as much as they want but they have a total head count (heads turned into a headhunter) lets say 50.

So the blues organize a defense and they manage to turn in 50 EQMS heads, then EQMS as a guild couldn't engage in pvp actions for 1 hour (or whatever)

If they only get 25 heads EQMS is still good to go.

Now one thing I think would have to be flexible is whether or not the number stays fixed or not. For example they get 24 heads and you guys call it a night when you log on is the count 24 for does it slowly decrease on a timer. That really would have be decided based on how well the blues muster up against you.

Seems pretty complicated -- we have no issue with the current system as its harsh enough. If they get 1 head, that player either pays like 50k gold or cant play for 2 days.

Lexington

Grandmaster
If they win, the red logs off for 48hours -- we lost a member to Rekt's group of blues last night and he cant play for 2 days. Meanwhile we killed those blues over and over and each time they died they restocked and came back to fight.

I hear ya... but isn't that part of the thrill of being red... the risk? BTW why cant he play another toon if he is out for 48?

K A Z

Grandmaster
I hear ya... but isn't that part of the thrill of being red... the risk? BTW why cant he play another toon if he is out for 48?

might be part of the thrill when you're hunting PVMers -

it's a joke when you get statted by a guild like Rekt that is nothing but a guild of blue PVPers who are too scared to log on factioners.

all the "you guys all have fifty reds" comments are also far off from the truth. Not everyone on this game is as rich as flube, and not every single red has all his character dedicated to PKing. Some of us actually do more than PKing, and even I have about 4 blues currently (all but one in factions).

Lexington

Grandmaster
why in an endless fight? Kids be acting like there is no statloss anymore, which is just simply wrong. Getting your champ done without losing any of the relics/PSs should be ENOUGH of a REWARD, alongside possible GPz made by selling back heads (god forbid, some kids actually still do that). Blues dont need incentives, they need BALLZ. Big, hairy BALLZ.

On this server, some of the Reds also need some big harry BALLZ!? :)

Weland

Grandmaster
Oh I'll be honest I don't have the issues that are being brought up. I've had very few encounters with EQMS personally. I'm basing a lot of what I'm putting forth on the complaints I see and trying to bring a solution that works for both sides.

Honestly I don't want pks to stop doing their thing but I don't want the player base to suffer either.

Lexington

Grandmaster
might be part of the thrill when you're hunting PVMers -

it's a joke when you get statted by a guild like Rekt that is nothing but a guild of blue PVPers who are too scared to log on factioners.

Nope that is BS... that's why PVP should be consensual. Every one should be ORANGE if they want PVP. Pking is different!!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

Not everyone is super rich and has 10 chars believe it or not... alot of people in my guild have 1 character, when they die, they log off the server for 2 days.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Nope that is BS... that's why PVP should be consensual. Every one should be ORANGE if they want PVP. Pking is different!!

reds want PVP - hence why they're reds. Players like 80% of Rekt play blues and gank the occassional red/grey around Britain and in Dungeons. Those people need to man up and join a Faction / play their factioners more often.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Oh I'll be honest I don't have the issues that are being brought up. I've had very few encounters with EQMS personally. I'm basing a lot of what I'm putting forth on the complaints I see and trying to bring a solution that works for both sides.

Honestly I don't want pks to stop doing their thing but I don't want the player base to suffer either.

For me this has nothing to do with EQMS... never did. Their guild brings excitement to the game!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Im glad you admitted there is already a huge risk for playing a red... that is a thrill indeed. What Im wondering is why this risk of not being able to play for 2 days or paying 50k+ to keep playing isnt enough to appease the tears of a few blues who lose 40 each reg and a bamboo flute.

God.RG

Grandmaster
This is all bullshit. It's a dungeon there will be pks there. This is uo. You're solo and there's more than one pk? Join a guild. This is uo. You're at the champ spawn and your guild gets over run by another guild? Change your tactics/get more players. This is uo.

Seems like people are mad they can't play the prime spots without having to put in the most effort/players.

Maybe the pvm people should think about putting resist/wrestling into their builds and having a PvP char ready to bring in for back up. Some 5x dueling practice wouldn't hurt either.

If you're not willing to at least get some basic pvp skills then you're missing out on what has been a major factor to why this game is still around.

Tldr - I'm a noob with bad grammar

this.

Weland

Grandmaster
Seems pretty complicated -- we have no issue with the current system as its harsh enough. If they get 1 head, that player either pays like 50k gold or cant play for 2 days.

lol so I again kinda agree but don't.

Those seem like two extremes, not playing for 48 hours is crazy. 50k gold to a guild like yours unless your losing heads left and right is like me giving 2 bucks to a beggar.

My idea doesn't impact your play time or your characters resources. I would say that if they did implement my idea the paying 50k should go away and be the sole balancing factor.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Im glad you admitted there is already a huge risk for playing a red... that is a thrill indeed. What Im wondering is why this risk of not being able to play for 2 days or paying 50k+ to keep playing isnt enough to appease the tears of a few blues who lose 40 each reg and a bamboo flute.

I can't stand the bounty system... that's not punishment for rich players that will drop 7+ mil on a relic (for their PVM toon) in a heart beat!

Derwolf

Grandmaster

pvp should be consensual?.. every suggestion you've mad is taking away game aspects that UO was built upon...every other mmorpg that's not a sandbox has consensual pvp. what will your next post be ? that admins make a script for a battle ground similar to wows? UOG thrived for 8 years they had 1000-2000 ips on from 02-08(thats when i quit playing)with no punishment for reds...just sayin.

Lord Hampton Royce

Grandmaster
why not just take away the current bounty system and enable a permanent statloss when you die?

stat gain is easy as hell on this server and if you complain about having to regain skills for 2 hours over stat for 2 days then YOURE STUPID

thank me later

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
lol so I again kinda agree but don't.

Those seem like two extremes, not playing for 48 hours is crazy. 50k gold to a guild like yours unless your losing heads left and right is like me giving 2 bucks to a beggar.

My idea doesn't impact your play time or your characters resources. I would say that if they did implement my idea the paying 50k should go away and be the sole balancing factor.
[/QUOTE]

I think the problem here is assuming EQMS is like the CoM kids who play 20hours a day and have been on UOF for 2 straight years.

EQMS is a guild full of the common man, most of us are old, have jobs/kids/wives/boyfriends(we have gays) and play just a few hours at night etc -- many of us have only been on UOF for 2 weeks now and are about as broke as anyone else. Most have 1 char, 2 at most and probably 100k total to their name. While we are organized and well led we are not rich/elite by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.