Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.
B. B. B.

Buncha butthurt blues.

Seriously can't believe people are still getting mad about dying in UO in 2015. That's all these complaints come down to.

However, you guys in the big zergs gotta admit it's not healthy for the shard. I'll defend your right to do whatever the hell you want, but the shard would benefit from you being smaller, opposing groups....you're no better than the blues that want to tram it up with no risk - you're trying ti hand out the most grayscreens with the least risk.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
B. B. B.

Buncha butthurt blues.

Seriously can't believe people are still getting mad about dying in UO in 2015. That's all these complaints come down to.

However, you guys in the big zergs gotta admit it's not healthy for the shard. I'll defend your right to do whatever the hell you want, but the shard would benefit from you being smaller, opposing groups....you're no better than the blues that want to tram it up with no risk - you're trying ti hand out the most grayscreens with the least risk.

EXACTLY

And the result of this is predictable. The "blues need to unite and fight em" argument will always fall flat on its face because it just WONT happen. Trammy blues that are in separate guilds don't pvp and certainly don't know how to coordinate a counter-zerg. I'm not saying that they shouldn't or anything. I'm just saying they WONT.

A hard crackdown on all reds will just mean less reds and less action which results in this being Diablo. The question now is which will happen first? Will EQMS get tired of no talent zerg'ing or will the trammys get tired of playing?

Maybe both will quit and leave only factioners. That'd be cool.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Pls go red and run solo like i do, i can guarantee your warped views will do a complete U-turn.

I've tried here, I have two reds... but I'm not near as good as I use to be. My mage skills are really rusty... and I'm not up on Sallos. Trust me I wish it wasn't the case!! That said, it's one of the reasons I'd like to see the Short and Long. I'd be one of the reds keeping my short below the cap, so I didn't get stated every time I dusted her off.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Updated log for @Guwap.

Three red SL rolling through Destard killing PVMers. Sorry didn't get their names just help heal their victim.

CWB
flamingo
Sandman
Wrath of SDS
Bubrub

Damn got me while I was trying to edit this post... ugh

Third time in 90 mins they rolled through.

To be fair two stealth pks as well. Love stealth pks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
I hear Sims is a sandbox. It seems better suited for TBA, Trin, HI. Just a thought.

Dumbest post here.

UO is a sandbox game meaning there's lots of different play styles and was NEVER meant to be just pvping.
Second, you need blues on a game. I've seen shards where there's all reds, no blues and know what happens? They hang around Yew gate fighting each other..that's what happened after Trammel. The blue avoided Fel, the reds had no one to fight. Your not wanting any blues on this shard is the quickest way to kill a shard.
Your thought is basically what killed UO.
The only way for a shard to survive is to have a balance and that includes blue guilds, and reds, and pks and blue notos and crafters, etc.
When did you start playing UO? 4 months ago?
Let the people who actually understand this game discuss things here and go sit back in the corner.
Anyone who thinks this shard would survive being red pk fest with nothing else has no clue with UO is about.

Bromista

Grandmaster
O.k. here's something else to consider:

Last night rolling through Brit solo on my SL red resulted in a gank of epic proportions.

I was brutalized by like 6 blues and barely made it past the stables. This was during off peak hr's. But did I get what came to me? Pretty much, yes. Ain't gonna cry about it. Sometimes you overstep your bounds, as I did.

Wish more reds would see things the same way. Sometimes bad things happen. Boo fucking hoo.

Telling someone to put themselves in your shoes doesn't do a goddamn thing for anybody.

Lexington

Grandmaster
O.k. here's something else to consider:

Last night rolling through Brit solo on my SL red resulted in a gank of epic proportions.

I was brutalized by like 6 blues and barely made it past the stables. This was during off peak hr's. But did I get what came to me? Pretty much, yes. Ain't gonna cry about it. Sometimes you overstep your bounds, as I did.

Wish more reds would see things the same way. Sometimes bad things happen. Boo fucking hoo.

Telling someone to put themselves in your shoes doesn't do a goddamn thing for anybody.

Hey... big balls for you to try and make it through a group of blues on a red!!

Fuzzy

Apprentice
I am a huge fan of PKs and PVP I've done 1,000's of hours of both... but they are two different things. Pking is not PVP and PVP should not be PKing. Just because some of us have chosen to explore the PVM side of UO on this server doesn't mean we want "Care Bear Land". We want risk same as I think you do, it's what pisses us off and keeps us here at the same time.

~Well said sir! *standing ovation*

I've seen shards where there's all reds, no blues and know what happens? They hang around Yew gate fighting each other..that's what happened after Trammel. The blue avoided Fel, the reds had no one to fight. Your not wanting any blues on this shard is the quickest way to kill a shard.

Those reds are just as, if not more, responsible for the creation of Trammel as any blues.

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Dumbest post here.

UO is a sandbox game meaning there's lots of different play styles and was NEVER meant to be just pvping.
Second, you need blues on a game. I've seen shards where there's all reds, no blues and know what happens? They hang around Yew gate fighting each other..that's what happened after Trammel. The blue avoided Fel, the reds had no one to fight. Your not wanting any blues on this shard is the quickest way to kill a shard.
The only way for a shard to survive is to have a balance and that includes blue guilds, and reds, and pks and blue notos and crafters, etc.
When did you start playing UO? 4 months ago?
Let the people who actually understand this game discuss things here and go sit back in the corner.
Anyone who thinks this shard would survive being red pk fest with nothing else has no clue with UO is about.
Let's sing and hold hands is UO for the over 40s who use UOF as a lava life or as a secret way of committing adulterous acts. The trammel community never ceases to amaze me with their nerdy UO hookups, cheating and lies.

Meanwhile the normal people go out and hunt player controlled toons and grief them to hell.

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Let's sing and hold hands is UO for the over 40s who use UOF as a lava life or as a secret way of committing adulterous acts. The trammel community never ceases to amaze me with their nerdy UO hookups, cheating and lies.

Meanwhile the normal people go out and hunt player controlled toons and grief them to hell.

Did someone break your heart? The chic you were trying to woo turn out to be a dude?

Wtf are you talking about? How is anything you said remotely related to anything I said?

Weirdo.

And might I add the only weird hookups and drama on this shard has not come from Trin, or TBA or blue guilds. All that nonsense has come out of PVP guilds which I think everyone is well aware of.

Get it back on topic.

Guwap

Grandmaster
Updated log for @Guwap.

Three red SL rolling through Destard killing PVMers. Sorry didn't get their names just help heal their victim.

CWB
flamingo
Sandman

Damn got me while I was trying to edit this post... ugh

Third time in 90 mins they rolled through.

To be fair two stealth pks as well. Love stealth pks!!

I don't know the other two but I know CWB takes part in faction fights as well. Good for them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.