PLEASE do not punish all reds.

Do all reds need to be punished?

• Make the red penalty stronger to hurt the non zerging pks.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Find a solution to combat the EQMS zerg.

Votes: 41 71.9%

• Total voters

Xiulan

Master
I'd say make a donation dungeon with trammel rules. That's what people want. You pay in donation coins to enter.

This could work, if the entrance was in a town so reds couldn't police it. And if thieves couldn't steal the regs of all the afk mages that would want to train there. If it's a lot of work to put in a new dungeon maybe just add this to the Brit sewers or something? For new players it could be a good bridge from young status to the cold hard world, right now the transition is pretty abrupt.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
This could work, if the entrance was in a town so reds couldn't police it. And if thieves couldn't steal the regs of all the afk mages that would want to train there. If it's a lot of work to put in a new dungeon maybe just add this to the Brit sewers or something? For new players it could be a good bridge from young status to the cold hard world, right now the transition is pretty abrupt.

Here we go again, tell thieves to go violate themselves without no thought about those of us who play thieves and only thieves. I am surprised to hear that people still train where thieves patrol, I am pretty damned sure that after twenty years of this game being released that folks should be well than enough informed about the general guidelines of playing Ultima Online...

"Oh but Dark, most people just join the game without no prior knowledge of said game."

Next time you meet an astronaut, ask him or her if she just jumped into a rocket and jetted off to space without years of education and gruelling physical preparation..

Xiulan

Master
Excellent input Darkarna. Maybe staff can add that to the marketing efforts they'll be spending thousands of dollars a month on. "Dear prospective new player, our game is super fun but you'll have to spend at least four years educating yourself before you can play it. Trust us, it's worth it!"

I thought this was one constructive suggestion that no one could cry about but apparently such a thing does not exist.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
"Dear prospective new player, our game is super fun but you'll have to spend at least four years educating yourself before you can play it. Trust us, it's worth it!"

Ah, so you're saying because they are starting way after the fact in a time where most "MMOs" are super easy and catered, they should have everything be easy instead of being introduced to it like, oh I don't know, 90% of the playerbase who had to figure things out for themselves in '97?

Come on...

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Thanks Blizzard.

Don't you dare...

brownie-cookie-dough-blizzard-md.jpg

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Who's saying "everything be easy"? No one. One small dungeon does not equate to "everything."

Well we already have a safe zone at the WBB and there flat out is a newbie dungeon which only young status players can enter. So not getting why we need more Trammel style things implemented. Again, people should have to learn like we all did.

Xiulan

Master
Not every character gets young status.

You want things to be like they were in 97? I actually played then, only briefly but I remember there being more repercussions for reds, because this game was built around the concepts of virtue and vice there were consequences for taking an antisocial path.

The game will be difficult, complicated and practically inaccessible for most people no matter what gets added. Why care about something that wouldn't really affect you? Especially if it would help bring in more money to keep things running? Wouldn't that benefit everyone?

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Not every character gets young status.

Uh if a player is actually new then yeah they do because it's a fresh account.

You want things to be like they were in 97? I actually played then, only briefly but I remember there being more repercussions for reds, because this game was built around the concepts of virtue and vice there were consequences for taking an antisocial path.

Didn't say that. What I said was why should people get to have everything easy and catered just because they are new yet new players who played UO in '97 had to learn a lot of things the hard way? Makes no sense.

The game will be difficult, complicated and practically inaccessible for most people no matter what gets added. Why care about something that wouldn't really affect you? Especially if it would help bring in more money to keep things running? Wouldn't that benefit everyone?

So I shouldn't care because it "doesn't affect me" but are you a new player? Doubt it. So how does it affect you? By making something Trammel-like so it's way easier. Just implement Trammel fully if you want a dungeon that's completely safe. Nothing should be completely safe. Same goes for the other side too. The no-cut zone is dumb. But so is a dungeon that is literally red-free.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Excellent input Darkarna. Maybe staff can add that to the marketing efforts they'll be spending thousands of dollars a month on. "Dear prospective new player, our game is super fun but you'll have to spend at least four years educating yourself before you can play it. Trust us, it's worth it!"

I thought this was one constructive suggestion that no one could cry about but apparently such a thing does not exist.

Why thank you, I am happy to be of assistance. However, my post was directed more to the simplest of facts that again, with the implementation of such an idea would in fact pretty much add additional restrictions towards an already restricted class which would be the thief. So, by me responding as I did, was merely to advertise the fact of my displeasure towards yet another element which would impact thieves. I am not crying about anything as you so elegantly put it, I am providing resistance towards an idea which for the third time, would impact thieves...

Three times I have mentioned that now, just because you mistook my post for crying..

Xiulan

Master
So I shouldn't care because it "doesn't affect me" but are you a new player? Doubt it. So how does it affect you?

Guess it depends on how you define 'new' but I've been on UOF for about a month -- prior to that my only experience was a few months on the original UO where I spent most of my time wandering around taming bunnies.

Basically I've been playing long enough to have become hopelessly addicted, but not long enough to finish my characters or learn half of what you apparently need to know to survive here let alone play well. So I'm supporting what I see as constructive suggestions that would make the game more playable for me and others in the same boat, without turning it into a Trammel server (which literally no one wants, so I'm not sure why it's constantly being brought up).

Xiulan

Master
I am providing resistance towards an idea which for the third time, would impact thieves...

Fair enough. The impact would be so minimal though, you could still thieve to your heart's delight pretty much everywhere else so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Fair enough. The impact would be so minimal though, you could still thieve to your heart's delight pretty much everywhere else so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Understood, but I have read about the impact of thieves being minimal so many times, that enough minimal changes transform into a major change.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Guess it depends on how you define 'new' but I've been on UOF for about a month -- prior to that my only experience was a few months on the original UO where I spent most of my time wandering around taming bunnies.

I mean I get where you're coming from more so now but, still, I guess I just look at it as if there's a dungeon that's super safe then everyone would just go there and there's always supposed to be a little risk with the reward.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster

Basically I've been playing long enough to have become hopelessly addicted, but not long enough to finish my characters or learn half of what you apparently need to know to survive here let alone play well. So I'm supporting what I see as constructive suggestions that would make the game more playable for me and others in the same boat, without turning it into a Trammel server (which literally no one wants, so I'm not sure why it's constantly being brought up).

Even though I have not played for a couple of years , I would still be happy to help you in anyway with information..Do you have Skype?

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Here we go again, tell thieves to go violate themselves without no thought about those of us who play thieves and only thieves. I am surprised to hear that people still train where thieves patrol, I am pretty damned sure that after twenty years of this game being released that folks should be well than enough informed about the general guidelines of playing Ultima Online...

"Oh but Dark, most people just join the game without no prior knowledge of said game."

Next time you meet an astronaut, ask him or her if she just jumped into a rocket and jetted off to space without years of education and gruelling physical preparation..

Now, now Dark, Some of us are of the impetuous nature. I can say I for one did not read anything when I Began UO...Yep I just put the disk in went on to create char and that was that....ppl emoting having sex at Brit bank ,people guilding me and then killing me for the lawls...yeah oh boy. I was young and naive...So some do began this game as Virgins...Back then I did not even know what Boards were...because I was purely a outdoors girl , sun and surf..

Her post made me giggle :)