PLEASE do not punish all reds.

Do all reds need to be punished?

• Make the red penalty stronger to hurt the non zerging pks.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Find a solution to combat the EQMS zerg.

Votes: 41 71.9%

• Total voters

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Now, now Dark, Some of us are of the impetuous nature. I can say I for one did not read anything when I Began UO...Yep I just put the disk in went on to create char and that was that....ppl emoting having sex at Brit bank ,people guilding me and then killing me for the lawls...yeah oh boy. I was young and naive...So some do began this game as Virgins...Back then I did not even know what Boards were...because I was purely a outdoors girl , sun and surf..

Her post made me giggle :)

*Grumbles and mutters, more grumble than mutter*

Xiulan

Master
I mean I get where you're coming from more so now but, still, I guess I just look at it as if there's a dungeon that's super safe then everyone would just go there and there's always supposed to be a little risk with the reward.

I hear you on the importance of risk/reward balance. Maybe I'm underestimating how much real money people are willing to spend, but if it was like 1k dono coins to get in and its mobs weren't lucrative, I can't imagine players hanging out there beyond the point where they really needed to? I mean the point where you kinda hit a wall of not being able to farm much gold because your skills aren't leveled and you don't have any special gear yet, but you're having a hard time leveling skills because you're broke and keep dying and losing your stuff, and you just want to play the damn game but it seems like mostly risk and little reward.

I'm starting to get bored with my own hand-wringing though so I'm gonna drop it for now. :p

drasked

Grandmaster
I hear you on the importance of risk/reward balance. Maybe I'm underestimating how much real money people are willing to spend, but if it was like 1k dono coins to get in and its mobs weren't lucrative, I can't imagine players hanging out there beyond the point where they really needed to? I mean the point where you kinda hit a wall of not being able to farm much gold because your skills aren't leveled and you don't have any special gear yet, but you're having a hard time leveling skills because you're broke and keep dying and losing your stuff, and you just want to play the damn game but it seems like mostly risk and little reward.

I'm starting to get bored with my own hand-wringing though so I'm gonna drop it for now. :p

1k dono can be sold to players for about 160k gold, enough to macro up 3+ characters and have some stock left over. I think you over estimate how hard it is to make a character that can make like 30-50k an hour with minimal effort.

Xiulan

Master
I think you over estimate how hard it is to make a character that can make like 30-50k an hour with minimal effort.

Maybe so. Having never made anything even near that much per hour I couldn't really say. Granted, the first two characters I tried to make were a mage tamer and an archer, which are apparently some of the most expensive grinds in the game so I might have gotten a skewed impression. Also I didn't know about 7x templates at first so I was just raising skills on everything. Probably most people don't start out quite that clueless. I've heard plenty of total beginner questions in the new player guild though.

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
giphy.gif

EllEssDee

Master
I wonder about all of these posters who say they don't want trammel - is it to save face in the community or because you don't actually want it?

I'd say a good amount of the population would take to it, more than 40% less than 60% I'd think, even all of the hardcore PvMers who are battle hardened from all that all kill pvp experience would find themselves poking their heads into a all reward no risk dungeon/scenario. It probably wouldn't be a shard killer, considering there is a large static number of players who feel obligated to play here because of how long they already have or how much they've sunk into their experience (Not really a good/bad thing).

Just a rambling thought. I still think the answer is CRUSADER ZEALOT MURDERER RELIC

lollo

Grandmaster
This could also be a good idea, like a paladin talisman. It fills up experience statting PKs and gives some crazy ass pvp bonus or something

I see a lot of complaining about eqms zerg on the forums. Seems the players want staff to do something about it instead of themselves using already established game mechanics to get the better hand. EQMS zerging? Get more friends! Pretty simple. You crybaby pussys are the reason trammel was created and ruined uo.

If the problem is pertaining to champ spawns, if you allow them to pop more frequently there would be less competition over them. But mostly, get more friends and get organized!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I see a lot of complaining about eqms zerg on the forums. Seems the players want staff to do something about it instead of themselves using already established game mechanics to get the better hand. EQMS zerging? Get more friends! Pretty simple. You crybaby pussys are the reason trammel was created and ruined uo.

Pretty much this -- Shane even offered a custom house inside of brit city for any guild who steps up and starts organizing an anti-PK force... between werkt/trin alliance/PRGE/all the other people who hate EQMS you guys outnumber us 10:1 -- is it our fault you refuse to organize to try to stop us? No.

EllEssDee

Master
Pretty much this -- Shane even offered a custom house inside of brit city for any guild who steps up and starts organizing an anti-PK force... between werkt/trin alliance/PRGE/all the other people who hate EQMS you guys outnumber us 10:1 -- is it our fault you refuse to organize to try to stop us? No.

This is the truth, really. People have their long pronounced ties of PVM GRIEF (basically which groups of people hate who) and refuse to band together and fight the big bad purple people eaters, probably because of some fucking stupid e-pride. It's better to lay down and wait for papa staff do anything than take any impetus to do it themselves (you know, like the one that formed the purple zerg in the first place).

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
This is the truth, really. People have their long pronounced ties of PVM GRIEF (basically which groups of people hate who) and refuse to band together and fight the big bad purple people eaters, probably because of some fucking stupid e-pride. It's better to lay down and wait for papa staff do anything than take any impetus to do it themselves (you know, like the one that formed the purple zerg in the first place).

I honestly do not believe it has anything at all to do with e-pride...have you or anyone here ever asked why they are afraid to pvp? I think as silly as it sounds it is fear based. Fear of losing shit, fear of not knowing how to pvp, fear of asking for help to learn pvp. and other assorted shit.

The only e-pride thing may be their reluctance to give up the silly title of Guildmaster....too many chiefs not enough Natives.

Abomination

Apprentice
All the socially awkward weirdos with agoraphobia are already in your guild. Normal people don't enjoy grouping up with 20++ to ebolt rail. Make up some other shit for brains excuse.