IDOC changes are awesome

Daddys Money

Grandmaster
The thing is, now you don't have to spend all that time and hard work searching for one. Anyone can pay 5k ( I think maybe it should be higher) and get an IDOC locations. I've hunted a bunch and camped houses hours on end, and not many were just me. Usually at the last minute, zerg guild comes in and scavenges all loot and leaves. With anyone in Brit able to get coordinates, potential for a lot of people to show up, and that makes it more interesting. Now not so much time is wasted if I don't get anything, and I can enjoy more IDOCS daily. As far as the monster spawn itself, I think that could be tuned, but guilds still clear them in less then 10 min.

Kird

Adept
Balrons and dragons are great IDOC spawn
ettins get killed too fast, last IDOC I saw went over 20 min
nonstop fighting and stabing, leaping chests away from dragons etc

As far as I can tell, the spawn gets toughter the bigger the plot is that dropped

Xiulan

Master
Okay, I really REALLY hate the new idoc mobs. It's bad enough trying to survive packs of reds on a pvm character without also having to deal with mobs that can one-shot you. Please either go back to ettins or get rid of this shit altogether and just have normal idocs.

MadNezz

Master
The 5k has been in for a bit, and its lame. ppl should have to search for their houses/treasures. The mob change is garbage too, idocs used to be something people that knew what they were doing and had the time used to wander the land searching for greatly worns and having to do the work. Now its heres 5k. thanks for the max storage/ 2-4 7*7s placed because any moron now can find idocs.

Lintaglen

Neophyte
Lots of testing! Just keep going with it and give us feedback when you guys can, please and thanks!
The testing new systems I understand... but this is a major change.. a change that the majority of players seem to disagree upon. Stand by an IDoC worth while and you'll see all the people complaining how bad this sucks. Look at the UOF Gen chat in Discord when an IDoC is over. Players rant about how they hate the new system. Ask players how their experience was at the IDoC and what they thought of the changes. Every player I have gone to an IDoC with since the change has hated it. Not once has anyone in my group said "Yeah, I really like this! It was a good change."

I appreciate the thought and consideration put into changing things up, but this was not something that needed it. It was already hell fighting off the other bands of PK's or blues that came to IDoC's, now you throw PvM into the mix and you get a roll-over of a champ spawn effect. Was the intention to make the game uniform across all fields of play? Make everything identical in game play? Cause that was the effect here.

Kird

Adept
Okay, I really REALLY hate the new idoc mobs. It's bad enough trying to survive packs of reds on a pvm character without also having to deal with mobs that can one-shot you. Please either go back to ettins or get rid of this shit altogether and just have normal idocs.

I really REALLY love the new idoc mobs.
any arguments here?

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I'm a big fan of the mob changes, I like that the loot can't be auto scavenged. I think it adds a sort of chaos to the whole effect, that gives players a chance to thief off of corpses, take risks of death, to grab loot, spreads the loot around a lot. Creates lots of opportunity for PvP, and drags the event out for sometimes 30 minutes after the drop.

I had thought the idea of making mobs tougher would work, but I think it is too extreme, making it as @Lintaglen suggested, similar to the champs effect, where big guilds with level 7 metas, seem to have the best chances here, though in that chaos, lots of people are stealing items off the corpses.

I do think ettins were too weak, somewhere in the middle might work a little better, I'd love to see some casting mobs kept in there, just to keep it entertaining, but nothing more difficult than say liches? My only fear is that with all the metas that show up to these, if the mobs are too weak, then all the mobs die in a matter of minutes, and are all dead right near the house drop, as they didn't have a chance to be kited away by someone.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Please keep the $hitters out of the discussion.

The IDOC changes aren't bad...if it's being turned into an event with 1000 ppl there...

Every IDOC? Hell no.