IDOC changes are awesome

Bloo

Adept
I'd prefer a larger percentage getting sprinkled throughout the lands. It will promote roaming and fighting in dungeons that never see action. It will make the shard more lively with ppl killing shit all over every dungeon again. Perhaps 70% distributed throughout world and 30% falls with house..

Janesworld

Apprentice
@Shane

How will anyone know what's being deleted and will the loot be in all overland mobs? Is there a way to code it for only dungeon mobs to get loot?

Also in regards to motm at idoc . Very bad idea and remove the npc now or please raise the cost too 50-100k each time they use it. Gold is in abundance and may work as a gold sink.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I'd prefer a larger percentage getting sprinkled throughout the lands. It will promote roaming and fighting in dungeons that never see action. It will make the shard more lively with ppl killing shit all over every dungeon again. Perhaps 70% distributed throughout world and 30% falls with house..

You mean meta tamers, who can kill 5x faster than other characters, will get richer, because items are now spread around the world, and they can plow through it the fastest. To be honest, I'm disliking the idea of the loot being spread amongst mobs less and less the more I think of it.

1) the meta tamers have the best chance at finding this loot - like they need extra incentive.

spread the loot amongst mobs least often killed, the lesser mobs, that people don't farm because they are pointless - don't spread it on heavily farmed mobs.

2) the IDOC'rs who put in the time (remove the NPC already), are now getting much less.

tweak the numbers so that IDOC'rs aren't losing their source of income, we don't need to limit ways to play here. I'm good with the split I saw above, 50% IDOC, 25% overland, 25% lost.

I 100% believe we need to sink some of these goods back into the beyond, there are far too many items out there, the economy is suffering for crafters. Every IDOC I get, I find bags of hundreds of weapons. No one is buying them anymore, the working man gets screwed.

Janesworld

Apprentice
dexer kill stuff way faster than anyone

Maybe one mob at a time but my Provo tamer destroys mobs.

I also don't like the idea of any items being deleted for the fact of we'll never know what was actually redistributed. Remove the npc and give the idoc loot a one hour window before it decays. Not every house will be looted and a lot of homes will have 100% of items decay.

I use to idoc but now it really seems pointless as I could kill everything at an idoc ( after running my recall/sign script for hours to find them ) and still end up with furniture bc all the good items were deleted or redistributed through overland. Not bashing the changes just my opinion which in no way is meant as disrespect towards staff / server. Most of the prob is me just wanting it how I remember it, for nostalgic reasons.

hi @girana I saved u the response.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Move the 10% or whatever items to a hall filled to brim with chests.

Auction tickets for a 60 second mad dash to grab whatever shit you can.

It's too obvious, right?

At the very least move it to a place where a staff member can have it set to automatically filter out mass garbage items (to make their life a little easier obviously) so they can cherry pick items out. Even if nothing is done for a while...the stuff will still be there waiting...waiting for a time when they can come home to Bromista.

This way true rares do not get deleted and you can raffle off mystery bags of the good shit (and not so good shit, whatever)

It's too obvious, right?

Don't you be fucking deleting true rares. True rares have taken too many bad beats as it is.

These pixels are my children.

Last edited:

Cash is King

Grandmaster
2) the IDOC'rs who put in the time (remove the NPC already), are now getting much less.
It's not worth it to truly idoc anymore when people pay 5k for the coordinates and you can't loot the good stuff since it goes on random mobs so odds of a payout are lower.

I agree with you and think idoc's should have been left alone but the ship has sailed, all we can do is try to contribute ideas to the evolution. There are some undeniable benefits:

1) Wealth is spread out more evenly. The less skilled players who aren't good at looting or those who have never done idocs are now there and will get lucky with looting off the mobs.

2) A portion of idoc loot going to ALL mobs across the shard will add a good incentive for people to explore the world and kill things. People exploring and killing everything more often will also get more people stumble across the new mini invasions.
- the loot needs to go on all grey/red mobs in the game that you're able to attack without going grey. From birds to brigands to balrons.

3) If the NPC price is raised from 5k to 50k that will add a much-needed gold sink that will be used often by a lot people.... At least make it cost something reasonable. 5k is virtually nothing.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
nobody is compelled to do anything. it's not like you'll have a chance at something valuable that often but hey if you get some semi rares or a few kegs etc it's an added bonus. but most idoc loot is trash or not very valuable so it gives people an added incentive to go out and kill things. Most spawn outside of dungeons is easy to kill.

if loot only goes on dungeon mobs (vs mobs worldwide) that will concentrate the loot ... multiple idocs fall a day with hundreds or thousands of items in them. if 25% of that loot will now be going onto mobs worldwide that's a lot of items. at least make it on all aggro mobs worldwide

Last edited:

hubcap

Grandmaster
Does that DUMB NPC still exist that tells you where and when an IDOC is going to happen?
Why dont we just get rid of this and let the one who actually does the work walking around to find them benefit.
I never did like that NPC. Took away the whole hunting aspect of it.

Lets keep the new plan in place, and take away the NPC that tells the whole world when and where the next house drops.
We can think of better ways, im sure, to commingle the population, AND enhance action and gameplay.

This, I feel, is a better IDEA than it is a REALITY, but, like everyone else.....
Ill wait and see how it goes....
Who knows? Maybe Ill like it.
but, Im very skeptical.

Daddys Money

Grandmaster
The NPC doesn't tell when the house drops. He also doesn't report every IDOC, and sometimes will say he has no info on an IDOC, when in fact there are IDOC's out there. More times then not, I give him 5k for nothing, but I thinks it's just fine the way it is.

hubcap

Grandmaster
The NPC doesn't tell when the house drops. He also doesn't report every IDOC, and sometimes will say he has no info on an IDOC, when in fact there are IDOC's out there. More times then not, I give him 5k for nothing, but I thinks it's just fine the way it is.

well, not directly, of course. but the info can be an advantage to those that know how to use it wisely. Nevertheless.....its no longer as randomly coming across it by physically checking each sign yourself.

just throwing my opinion in the pool. i think theres enough pvp 'arenas' No need to turn IDOCs into complete clusterfucks.