IDOC changes are awesome

Zizmuffin

Adept
I've never been one to spend much time hunting, or camping IDoC's, but I certainly won't anymore. This change, in my opinion, is quite possibly one of the dumbest they've made in the years I've spent playing this game.

I understand that those responsible for this server have a playerbase that they would like to engage and keep happy, but this kinda stuff is ridiculous. Because some people can't do it, they have to change it to make it easier for the lowest common denominator. What's next? 15 million too pricey for 120 taming scrolls, so we're going to give them away?

I don't do champ spawns because I'm not in a guild and I've successfully completed about 10% of them without being PK'd. Doesn't mean champ spawns need to change. I don't do RDA's for the same reason.

You don't have a character or a guild that can IDoC? Go do something about it, don't beg for a completely fine system to be changed.

Kird

Adept
The essence of my argument is that idoc hunters will no longer exist. Instead, people will pay 5k to an npc to get map coordinates for a house that will soon drop and spawn ettins/trolls that have the loot from the house on it and it's a lottery as to what you'll get.
agreed. I dont like the option of paying gold instead of spending time and scouting.

But I love the new random drop timer and the ettins.
I have seen many new players who maneged to grab some nice loot who would never had a chance if people gate in the second it drops and go crazy with item Id stored macros.
Loot gets spread out.

Young Star

Grandmaster
most idoc hunters fet a much better timer on idocs than what the isoc vendor can give. the ones that time it to a small window have the advantage of bringing defenders in right before it falls and get the loot collected before a counter attack comes.

Marksiums

Novice
So I decided not to comment until i gave it a try....
Now that I tried it, I thinks it's terrible. As previously stated, this only makes the rich get richer. Extremely hard for non tamers to get loot. Been doing idocs for awhile now and it has totally taken away from it what I loved about it. Nice concept just not a fan.

Dirt McGirt

Journeyman
Balrons at idocs are a bit much. I idoc so that I don't have to pvm. Spending extra time killing strong spawn after I've already done the prep work of finding and timing the idocs is not my idea of a good time. The ettins I honestly liked.

Bromista

Grandmaster
As far as spawn selection goes anybody can get looting rights on an ettin so if this is a system you like it was a good choice. I'd still like to see one or two casters in there to make things interesting if it's gotta stay this way or something like it.

Dirt McGirt

Journeyman
As far as spawn selection goes anybody can get looting rights on an ettin so if this is a system you like it was a good choice. I'd still like to see one or two casters in there to make things interesting if it's gotta stay this way or something like it.
It's balrons and some strong elemental now. My guild has a lot of new/undeveloped players. Not many tamers. They said it took them half an hour to clear the spawn after a nearly empty small tower fell last night. On top of the hour window we had.

It's balrons and some strong elemental now. My guild has a lot of new/undeveloped players. Not many tamers. They said it took them half an hour to clear the spawn after a nearly empty small tower fell last night. On top of the hour window we had.
Lol it's seriously balrons now? Jesus christ what's the point of player feedback..

Dirt McGirt

Journeyman
Yeah, just lost an idoc because we didnt have tamers. I idoc for loot and pvp. Not to fight balrons and top end mobs. Please change back to ettins or something not so brutal.

Dirt McGirt

Journeyman
I'm sure that they are just testing the waters by giving us weak spawn at first and then high end spawn later. Gauging the populations reactions after each change. But I really would just love idocs to be either normal or just ettins. Or anything that doesn't require tamers to clear an idoc. Idocs are already an event as is. The spawn being a small deterrent to scavy is a great move. But it shouldn't take pvm templates to complete an idoc. Especially since they take so much prep work to do correctly.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of testing! Just keep going with it and give us feedback when you guys can, please and thanks!

Daddys Money

Grandmaster
Really like the new changes. Added in with the building inspector, now I don't have to spend all that time looking for fallen houses, only to have the loot picked up by scavenger. With all the chaos that goes on now with the high end spawn, I think there is more of a chance for everyone to get something, instead of guilds securing the location only for themselves.

Dirt McGirt

Journeyman
Really like the new changes. Added in with the building inspector, now I don't have to spend all that time looking for fallen houses, only to have the loot picked up by scavenger. With all the chaos that goes on now with the high end spawn, I think there is more of a chance for everyone to get something, instead of guilds securing the location only for themselves.
So I'm not attacking you by saying this, I'm just using your post to give people perspective. Imagine this scenario. You are a solo idocer. You spend a fair amount of time in game searching the map for nice fairly worns and greatly worns. You also spend a pretty fair amount of time monitoring these houses and keeping track of timing, organization ect. You end up with a really nice fall window on a house and you haven't seen anyone else around, no large guilds, no enemy trackers or timers. Turns out the window is pretty late at night so chances are you've got this great idoc all to yourself. Hard works finally payed off. Loaded house falls, shit tons of spawn show up. You take your meta dexxer and go try and take these things out one by one, praying no one stumbles across the shit show you are experiencing. Your meta dexxer doesn't have meditation or enough mana to gate out after every kill. So now you are multi clienting, killing spawn on one character and gating home chests on the next. How long do you think it would take a solo player to clear over 40 high end mobs? Should we have to come equipped with balron damnation, silver, elemental ban and who knows what else slayer weps to clear idocs?