Gotta say

stunoma.

Grandmaster
Haha I live in my moms basement [emoji41]

Most of these dudes are the noob pkers that can't pvp and get stomped. But whoever killed you I congratulate them for making you mad enough to write an essay about low tier pkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
I believe that this game says a lot about someone's personality. Watching some people in this game, I believe that there are many troubled people playing that will wind up shooting up a theater or a Comic Con convention.

I understand PK'ers are part of the game, and they do make it interesting. But there are some folks that play here that just can't stand to see anyone having a good time. When I am out collecting resources with my carpenter or tailor and a red comes, I try to run. If he gets me, I usually congratulate them on a good kill. A lot of them will rez you and talk with you. I will generally let them loot me while we talk.

But those sick individuals that aren't happy with that really concern me. Again, I am not talking about real PvP'ers. It is those that pick on the miners, lumberjacks, skinners, etc., and do so just to because they want to make others unhappy.

They turn around and kill your pets, for what reason I don't know, other than to make the game harder for us non PvP'ers. They follow you to the healer and continue to kill you when you rez, why I don't know, because I am certainly not reporting them. How can killing me over and over be fun? It is more indicative of a personality disorder. These are the sick people that set fire to kittens. They are angry, frustrated and bitter little people and want to make everyone else as miserable as them.

What is wrong with these people, and am I the only one that sees that this is indicative of a personality disorder?

If what you say is true, expect a massacre in Australia in the next 24 hours.

Although, given our strict gun laws, i have only managed to acquire a potato gun and a pretty bad ass 'super soaker' - i expect many patrons of "MI Rogue Nation" to come out either super wet, or desiring potato chips.

Tuabain

Adept
It's all a form of control and power. People do it for whatever reason, to feel dominant, important, etc. Life is competitive, video games are competitive. This is UO.
Competitive? That is why they attack my tamer out skinning animals and kill him over and over, but the minute I get my warrior, off they run. IT is selfish, childish cowardice is all. They get their lunch money taken at school at take it out on others in the game.

Tuabain

Adept
You sound like a mormon.

I personally believe that violent games, movies, music or books have nothing to do with violence in any culture. Violence always was and always will be a part of it. Same as sociopaths. Criminals. Drug abusers. It's human nature. If you think it's bad with violence now, take a look in the past. You'd find human race is actually improving very very much when it comes to staying cool and not murdering someone because he looked at you wrong or touched what belongs to you.

You must be the one I am talking about when I say selfish, childish coward. You rationalize being rude by pointing out the cruelty of history. That is just excuse making so that you feel better about being an ass. It doesn't change people's perception of you, only your own.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
You must be the one I am talking about when I say selfish, childish coward. You rationalize being rude by pointing out the cruelty of history. That is just excuse making so that you feel better about being an ass. It doesn't change people's perception of you, only your own.

Stop crying its a game if u dont want to get res killed over and over go to another healer and/or farm else where ? Some people faction, Some people pvm, Some people craft , Some people kill noobs over and over all day

SpyderBite

Expert
I can't wait to watch this guy go ape shit when he finds that a few items are missing from his backpack. I hope I get an essay too. Or better yet, a small Novella. That's more my style.

Starnite

Master
I CC also but if you think you're going to be a hero by returning fire in a crowded theater full of people running and screaming...well that's just a weird fantasy IMO.

Also you sound kinda paranoid man.

Despite what the media feeds you, crime is way way down https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

You must live in a Real Life Trammy if you think crime is down in the US. Where I live people are killed every day of the week.

This is a game and being a Pker is part of the game. I fully understand that. Most Pkers that kill mules only do it because if they were to fight someone who had skills to fight back they would die.

Two different types of Pkers in UO.
1. Pkers that are true PVPers and show people respect in the game. Like them/guild or hate them/guild, they all should be shown respect because they are the Champions of UO.
2. Pkers that are wannabe PVPers and are totally a jerk. These are the ones that want to be a Champion of UO but cant so they pick on the weaker.

My question to everyone that is a PKer, which one are you?

Starnite

Master
Because I roleplay a thief....am I gpnna go try and snoop someones pack irl then hit my steal macro to steal his ipad, which isnt blessed? No. But thats the logic youre thinking of noe.
Tl;dr
Man you got pked and your pets died..go rez and get back to it. Dont take things too personal.

I totally agree with you here. You roleplay a thief and are probable great at it. I admire you for that. Being a great thief is not easy. But that is part of the game that is built into the game. Being a jerk is not built into the game, that is what someone adds to the game.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
You must live in a Real Life Trammy if you think crime is down in the US. Where I live people are killed every day of the week.

This is a game and being a Pker is part of the game. I fully understand that. Most Pkers that kill mules only do it because if they were to fight someone who had skills to fight back they would die.

Two different types of Pkers in UO.
1. Pkers that are true PVPers and show people respect in the game. Like them/guild or hate them/guild, they all should be shown respect because they are the Champions of UO.
2. Pkers that are wannabe PVPers and are totally a jerk. These are the ones that want to be a Champion of UO but cant so they pick on the weaker.

My question to everyone that is a PKer, which one are you?
I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Holy fuck dawg it's a game not a psychiatric evaluation [emoji23][emoji23] I love everyone ever and I still Rez kill bitches and laugh about it :) why? CUZ it's a game, and your tears taste so gooooooood

Mercedies

Grandmaster
I'm just curious...how many deaths are we talking about here?
Because if you're rez killed more than once, you deserve it.

One time is enough to know that the pk in question feels like being a dick and you should probably find a healer :rolleyes:

Bobaganoosh

Master
UO brings out the cocksucker in kids. Want a example, go read the PvP forums. You suck, your fucking teribad. You suck, no you suck. Its sad. This is y I don't read EQMS and POWER post. Its embarrassing to me a bunch of 30+ year old men act like this.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Holy fuck dawg it's a game not a psychiatric evaluation [emoji23][emoji23] I love everyone ever and I still Rez kill bitches and laugh about it :) why? CUZ it's a game, and your tears taste so gooooooood

reported to the proper authorities

Orgha

Apprentice
The chorus of "this is uo" will be heard loud and clear before this thread dies. Those people will have missed a valid point being made here. Just cos you CAN doesnt make it right that you do.. and rez killing pkers are indeed small **** losers living in their mothers basement and living out their irl inadequacies by smashing a macro and killing a dude with lightning 5 times in a row. Then killing the blue healer.

These people are indeed playing a role. Its called cancer. Cancer feeds off the host and adds nothing, all while killing the very living host it is feeding on. UOF has so many pkers and pvpers we dont need this specific breed of psychopathic losers who push people away from this community.
So when the 5 million dumbasses go ahead and say "thats uo" or accuse you of being a trammy, i want you to know i think you are precisely right, and those people are defending the indefensible and inexcusable. Just cos you CAN set a kitten on fire doesnt mean you should.

Exactly. The people who say "This is UO" aren't remembering the REAL UO correctly.

Yes PKing has always been a PART of the game.
Yes PKs have at times GANKED, killed the DEFENSELESS, and HARASSED folks
Yes the same can be said of thieves and scammers. They've been around since the beginning too.

However what we have here is not the 'Typical' UO setup. We have a smaller population than the real UO. And even though the real UO had more players, by the #'s there were less Red's and Griefers. Did these folks exist? Yes, that's not the point. These people were the exception to common game play.

When I played on OSI from the very beginning (I'm talking Notoriety days, Reds were not based on kill counts) I'd encounter red's or criminals maybe ever 2-4 hours of game play. Maybe, depends on the day. Obviously I didn't make myself an easy target and tried to move around to different spawns.

On this shard, I see a Red about every 30-60 minutes. If I haven't seen a red by 45 minutes I normally just bail on my spawn because I've already gotten lucky enough. Often times if a red sees me and I get away that spawn is going to be camped for the next hour or so, so I might as well forget about that area. Red's here suffer from blue balls from not getting their kill fix. Because although they are extremely common, they are typically not very good at sneaking up on their victims (Razor recall macro ruins their chances of maybe catching you off guard). And most blues are like me and don't stick around very long. In and out. In and out. All over the world. So red's have two choices. Camp common spawns or play the odds and check multiple spawns. The ones that camp have the better odds of killing someone, thus the camping that results when they find you.

So what's wrong here? Why is this place so different from real UO? Well simply put, because the 'This is UO' crowd that thinks they are so hardcore cry about everything that makes it difficult for them to find and kill other players. They cry about 2 days downtime when killed (Seriously? Bunch of pussies if you ask me). Two days is not a big deal at all. And I'd rather prefer a system whereby death didn't put you out to dry for two days but rather kills were limited by time so victims would be selected more intelligently.

They cry about random IDOC timers. They want it conveniently timed so they know when to pop in and start killing.

Hell next thing you know they'll cry about having to even search for victims. Let's just have a GPS on every player on the game so Reds can find us faster and have more "Fun".

For the record, I enjoying Pks from both sides. I've decided after seeing the over population of Reds that I'm not going to make one on this shard. I don't really see the point and I know I'll be bored. And even if I made a Red at some point, I wouldn't be one of those who'd be tee-bagging their victim's corpses and being a dick for no reason. To me the role of PK isn't a role of being a douche bag. It's a profession meant to exact revenge and to claim the spoils of war. Those are the only two legit reasons to PK. Does it give a thrill? Adrenaline? Oh yes. But all for nothing if I'm not fulfilling one of those two core purposes of the role.

I can understand killing resource collectors if they want ingots/logs/etc. without having to collect it themselves. Makes sense from that point of view. But that point becomes faded once someone kills the same miner repeatedly before they even have a chance to gather more resources. Killing the pack horse makes sense if they suspect resources to be hauled.

Even in OSI there was an option to report HARASSMENT. Following someone and res killing them repeatedly is HARASSMENT. Real UO didn't put up with harassment and neither should this or any other free shard.

Orgha

Apprentice
This isnt about pkers. Its about pkers who rez kill, multiple multiple times, kill healers, and generally turn people off the shard. If its ok cos its uo but uof wbb is empty, your point will be absolutely right and absolutely useless...

That's the punchline to this joke.

If the problem isn't addressed, the server population will eventually die. I've played just about every popular free UO shard during their peak. Everything seems great, tons of activity and people, then slowly people drop off like flies. The PVM shards tend to have a more stable population, but their problem is they never command large populations to begin with and they get boring (You know you can just grind in dungeons without any fear. Gets boring). They are DOA (Dead on Arrival). That's because most players enjoy the PvP and PK elements of the game.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
Exactly. The people who say "This is UO" aren't remembering the REAL UO correctly.

Yes PKing has always been a PART of the game.
Yes PKs have at times GANKED, killed the DEFENSELESS, and HARASSED folks
Yes the same can be said of thieves and scammers. They've been around since the beginning too.

However what we have here is not the 'Typical' UO setup. We have a smaller population than the real UO. And even though the real UO had more players, by the #'s there were less Red's and Griefers. Did these folks exist? Yes, that's not the point. These people were the exception to common game play.

When I played on OSI from the very beginning (I'm talking Notoriety days, Reds were not based on kill counts) I'd encounter red's or criminals maybe ever 2-4 hours of game play. Maybe, depends on the day. Obviously I didn't make myself an easy target and tried to move around to different spawns.

On this shard, I see a Red about every 30-60 minutes. If I haven't seen a red by 45 minutes I normally just bail on my spawn because I've already gotten lucky enough. Often times if a red sees me and I get away that spawn is going to be camped for the next hour or so, so I might as well forget about that area. Red's here suffer from blue balls from not getting their kill fix. Because although they are extremely common, they are typically not very good at sneaking up on their victims (Razor recall macro ruins their chances of maybe catching you off guard). And most blues are like me and don't stick around very long. In and out. In and out. All over the world. So red's have two choices. Camp common spawns or play the odds and check multiple spawns. The ones that camp have the better odds of killing someone, thus the camping that results when they find you.

So what's wrong here? Why is this place so different from real UO? Well simply put, because the 'This is UO' crowd that thinks they are so hardcore cry about everything that makes it difficult for them to find and kill other players. They cry about 2 days downtime when killed (Seriously? Bunch of pussies if you ask me). Two days is not a big deal at all. And I'd rather prefer a system whereby death didn't put you out to dry for two days but rather kills were limited by time so victims would be selected more intelligently.

They cry about random IDOC timers. They want it conveniently timed so they know when to pop in and start killing.

Hell next thing you know they'll cry about having to even search for victims. Let's just have a GPS on every player on the game so Reds can find us faster and have more "Fun".

For the record, I enjoying Pks from both sides. I've decided after seeing the over population of Reds that I'm not going to make one on this shard. I don't really see the point and I know I'll be bored. And even if I made a Red at some point, I wouldn't be one of those who'd be tee-bagging their victim's corpses and being a dick for no reason. To me the role of PK isn't a role of being a douche bag. It's a profession meant to exact revenge and to claim the spoils of war. Those are the only two legit reasons to PK. Does it give a thrill? Adrenaline? Oh yes. But all for nothing if I'm not fulfilling one of those two core purposes of the role.

I can understand killing resource collectors if they want ingots/logs/etc. without having to collect it themselves. Makes sense from that point of view. But that point becomes faded once someone kills the same miner repeatedly before they even have a chance to gather more resources. Killing the pack horse makes sense if they suspect resources to be hauled.

Even in OSI there was an option to report HARASSMENT. Following someone and res killing them repeatedly is HARASSMENT. Real UO didn't put up with harassment and neither should this or any other free shard.
No such thing as harassment on this shard in game. You will be told by devs to find a player driven solution. Basically, learn to deal with it or quit, they dont care. UoF is a griefer pk shard now, and now that they have shifted it towards that, it will never be anything else. Posts like this have been going on for quite some time, this thread will be locked or deleted soon. Welcome to UoF:) p.s. if you quit can I have all yer stuff?

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
It has devolved into multiple camps/guilds not even really fighting each other, then when they kinda do, post some pics/vids and spend as much time on forums as in game with the high school level bullshit drama. Grown men arguing with grown men over not really playing a game. Forum PVP at its shittiest.
This used to be a game.
Egos got involved.
Game over.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I only ***** about things that could be corrected and not about things that are destiny in UO. New or old to the game and even if this place was only Trammel you'd still have the grief and someone killing you in some fashion. However repeat offenders of straight up harassment should be hung like Mussolini.