Gotta say

Budcookie

Grandmaster
People have been saying this literally since shard launch. Can you imagine what it was like after launch when there was no stat for reds? Saying they have shifted things towards favoring griefers is either a joke or grossly misinformed. Staff is correct is pushing player driven solutions .
Obviously by the amount of people at wbb (even after they moved the dock sitting population there) what you are saying is totally true and the griefer pk population hasnt effected the casual players at all. I mean hell, there are at least, what, 4 shops gating now a days. Hell when I started 3 years ago (pre statloss) I bet i was forced to choose between no less than 20 player ran shops. Thanks for making those choices easier for me. Maybe by next year we can all shop in one place:)

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Obviously by the amount of people at wbb (even after they moved the dock sitting population there) what you are saying is totally true and the griefer pk population hasnt effected the casual players at all. I mean hell, there are at least, what, 4 shops gating now a days. Hell when I started 3 years ago (pre statloss) I bet i was forced to choose between no less than 20 player ran shops. Thanks for making those choices easier for me. Maybe by next year we can all shop in one place:)

1. More people have their own crafters
2. It's summer
3. Running a shop is a pain in the ass
4. Let's see what it looks like in a couple months

Budcookie

Grandmaster
1. More people have their own crafters
2. It's summer
3. Running a shop is a pain in the ass
4. Let's see what it looks like in a couple months
My money is that lots of people try to come back, due to the season and what not. The forums run rampant with whining and crying about the grief and pks. They (the devs) stop nerfing pvm stuff and start messing with pvp mechanics again. This pisses off all the pvpers, mostly the uoforever players but who really gives a fuck about them anyways. All the cry baby pvp pk griefer types that like to claim trammies cry but then get no cut zones, auto buy back etc will ***** and whine, and probably quit except for Flube and his group cause they seem to adapt however. Then by spring it will be time to rinse and repeat. Looking forward to it, NEW AUCTION HOUSE COMING SOON!!

SpyderBite

Expert
If you give out million to new players and help new players as you say, isn't that being overly nice in the game? I to play a companion and help new players and even use my blacksmith to build armor/weapons and put in the building beside the bank for new players. I don't have millions to give out, rofl I don't even have thousands to give out. I am the one that would be overly nice to even someone that pked me. Oh and I have done that, been pked, rezzed and then made them some armor/weapons and gave to them because they asked.

I truly feel that for someone to have friends they must first show themselves friendly.

Oh and btw, I apologize for calling you an asshole. just not a fan of griefers. We all come here to have fun, being griefed is not my idea of having fun.
You know, to get everything you want; you need only to subscribe for $15/month at UO.com.

Here, we are here to play the way we want. Not herded into how we "should" play. There are other shards for that where the bads are segregated from the goods.

Learn it, love it, live it.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
You know, to get everything you want; you need only to subscribe for $15/month at UO.com.

Here, we are here to play the way we want. Not herded into how we "should" play. There are other shards for that where the bads are segregated from the goods.

Learn it, love it, live it.
We are certainly herded into a play style. No cut zones, mount free zones, faction reds cant be statted but can murder freely, AoE spells can kill you from a mile away, Obama. The list goes on. All i know is when reds and griefers cry shit gets changed, when "trammies" ***** and cry we get told to find player driven solutions, seems like bs to me.

SpyderBite

Expert
We are certainly herded into a play style. No cut zones, mount free zones, faction reds cant be statted but can murder freely, AoE spells can kill you from a mile away, Obama. The list goes on. All i know is when reds and griefers cry shit gets changed, when "trammies" ***** and cry we get told to find player driven solutions, seems like bs to me.
I'll consider your words while I snoop yet another backpack full of blessed shit.

Dellan

Grandmaster

I say it's due to UO veterancy. Most players here are vets, and while uo bug bites often, game itself will grow old soon when you seen everything.. I see it on myself. Been away for a year, then said, hey let's have a look on how guys are doing, came back only to fight the urge to quit after month. And I basically quitted now I guess.. Guessing most people have it like this, then there are some who stick around for odd hour or two, some who are new to the game and will spend their next 2 years discovering stuff..

Regarding pvm getting nerfed, that's bull. Pvm got absurd buffs, up to the point where it will destroy economics. I mean, there's not enough gold sinks to withdraw money that flow into the system at this rate. Economy should do her best to choke the income of gold, not amp up people's pvm possibilities. Bards are super powered here, provoking most stuff on one try with npc instruments. Tamers got meta pets - even more buff to best money making template. Slayer weapons and armor for dex, and now talismans and relics, further upgrading pvm. One day you'll need 2 millions to buy bread here I tell ya.

Bubbles

Master
I can't find it now but there is a video of "lord brittan:" or markee on youtube talking about this. That this is a game for psychos. Look it up its a good video

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk