Gotta say

Tuabain

Adept
I believe that this game says a lot about someone's personality. Watching some people in this game, I believe that there are many troubled people playing that will wind up shooting up a theater or a Comic Con convention.

I understand PK'ers are part of the game, and they do make it interesting. But there are some folks that play here that just can't stand to see anyone having a good time. When I am out collecting resources with my carpenter or tailor and a red comes, I try to run. If he gets me, I usually congratulate them on a good kill. A lot of them will rez you and talk with you. I will generally let them loot me while we talk.

But those sick individuals that aren't happy with that really concern me. Again, I am not talking about real PvP'ers. It is those that pick on the miners, lumberjacks, skinners, etc., and do so just to because they want to make others unhappy.

They turn around and kill your pets, for what reason I don't know, other than to make the game harder for us non PvP'ers. They follow you to the healer and continue to kill you when you rez, why I don't know, because I am certainly not reporting them. How can killing me over and over be fun? It is more indicative of a personality disorder. These are the sick people that set fire to kittens. They are angry, frustrated and bitter little people and want to make everyone else as miserable as them.

What is wrong with these people, and am I the only one that sees that this is indicative of a personality disorder?

Swayze

Grandmaster
I am officially opening a UO:Forever Psychology Institution. People can talk to me in a safe environment for a CHEAPPZZ 100k per session fee.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I believe that this game says a lot about someone's personality. Watching some people in this game, I believe that there are many troubled people playing that will wind up shooting up a theater or a Comic Con convention.

I understand PK'ers are part of the game, and they do make it interesting. But there are some folks that play here that just can't stand to see anyone having a good time. When I am out collecting resources with my carpenter or tailor and a red comes, I try to run. If he gets me, I usually congratulate them on a good kill. A lot of them will rez you and talk with you. I will generally let them loot me while we talk.

But those sick individuals that aren't happy with that really concern me. Again, I am not talking about real PvP'ers. It is those that pick on the miners, lumberjacks, skinners, etc., and do so just to because they want to make others unhappy.

They turn around and kill your pets, for what reason I don't know, other than to make the game harder for us non PvP'ers. They follow you to the healer and continue to kill you when you rez, why I don't know, because I am certainly not reporting them. How can killing me over and over be fun? It is more indicative of a personality disorder. These are the sick people that set fire to kittens. They are angry, frustrated and bitter little people and want to make everyone else as miserable as them.

What is wrong with these people, and am I the only one that sees that this is indicative of a personality disorder?

No lots of people get mad when they get killed or their pets or whatever get killed and absolutely love to come verbalize their fantasies about how that mean person must be a tiny dicked loser virgin in their moms basement and are a psychopath rampage waiting to happen.

The reality is people have fun in different ways and some people like to play an evil or antagonist role.

It's a game. How you play it is in no way a reflection of who you are in real life.

Personally I'm more concerned and on guard around people who are overly nice in UO. They are the ones who will really fuck you.

Plus, UO without griefing assholes would be terrible.

Tuabain

Adept
No lots of people get mad when they get killed or their pets or whatever get killed and absolutely love to come verbalize their fantasies about how that mean person must be a tiny dicked loser virgin in their moms basement and are a psychopath rampage waiting to happen.

The reality is people have fun in different ways and some people like to play an evil or antagonist role.

It's a game. How you play it is in no way a reflection of who you are in real life.

Personally I'm more concerned and on guard around people who are overly nice in UO. They are the ones who will really fuck you.

Plus, UO without griefing assholes would be terrible.

So, people killing someone over and over and over is just another kind of fun? Life was much better back in the day when you could not anonymously be a sociopath without fear of getting your ass beat. What the internet has done is provided the sick people with a venue to act out there anti social issue with impunity.

Are you of the opinion that killing someone's miner over and over and over, as well as his pack horse, is fun? Maybe you can take the next step and shoot up a theater of unarmed women and children. What a hoot that would be, eh?

Cack

Grandmaster
They are playing a role....doesnt mean theyre gonna go find some dude sitting by a tree, think hes a lumberjacker, kill him in hopes of looting his boards, and finally rez him to talk about each others feelings on the kill.
This is uo man. You got all kinds of personalities playing all kinds of roles.
Tamers
Thieves
Crafters
Banksitters
Deadpool
Eqms
Etc
All playing a role
Because I roleplay a thief....am I gpnna go try and snoop someones pack irl then hit my steal macro to steal his ipad, which isnt blessed? No. But thats the logic youre thinking of noe.
Tl;dr
Man you got pked and your pets died..go rez and get back to it. Dont take things too personal.

Tuabain

Adept
I don't mind the PK'ers. I just wonder at the people that will follow you to the healer or the shrine just to keep killing you. I guess I could log out and what a while and then come back in, but it isn't like my life revolves around this game.

I just don't think it is normal for people to go out of their way to annoy others. I understand it is part of the game, but it isn't normal.

I think the internet has made many people lose their common decency. I just don't understand people that want to be assholes. Wanting to be an asshole is not normal.

Of course, now a days, there seems to be quite a wide swath allowed for what is normal.

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
The chorus of "this is uo" will be heard loud and clear before this thread dies. Those people will have missed a valid point being made here. Just cos you CAN doesnt make it right that you do.. and rez killing pkers are indeed small **** losers living in their mothers basement and living out their irl inadequacies by smashing a macro and killing a dude with lightning 5 times in a row. Then killing the blue healer.

These people are indeed playing a role. Its called cancer. Cancer feeds off the host and adds nothing, all while killing the very living host it is feeding on. UOF has so many pkers and pvpers we dont need this specific breed of psychopathic losers who push people away from this community.
So when the 5 million dumbasses go ahead and say "thats uo" or accuse you of being a trammy, i want you to know i think you are precisely right, and those people are defending the indefensible and inexcusable. Just cos you CAN set a kitten on fire doesnt mean you should.

Dellan

Grandmaster
That is UO. :D

Nah kidding, but, this is first and foremost a game that was meant to be a fully working RP world, with those who are good... and those who are evil. I find myself amazed at numbers of people that cry they got stolen from or were killed somewhere, but none of them cries for lack of players that would protect them. I mean, you're a miner. Reds are bandits. Bandits do what? Murder and plunder. And it's natural for every person to pick a way of less work to satisfy their needs. Of course they will pick on poor miner or lumberjack! I however doubt that they would pick on group of heavily armored king's guards who sport very sharp weapons and bad attitude. Player policing is a way to go in this game. If you're a miner and do not wish to fight, seek protection under someone's banner. This is for all of you crybabies - please, do not flood forums with OMG THEY KILLED ME OP BAN THEM. If you have a trouble with certain individual/group, get together and pay them a visit with torches and spears. This is a MULTIPLAYER game after all, so stop playing it like it's some sort of singleplayer game where asshole players connect to your world time to time to harass you.

Jimmy

Master
I am officially opening a UO:Forever Psychology Institution. People can talk to me in a safe environment for a CHEAPPZZ 100k per session fee.

You probably don't even have the institution. lawl ! Just trying to scam bids and fluff up prices ! lawl! @

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
This isnt about pkers. Its about pkers who rez kill, multiple multiple times, kill healers, and generally turn people off the shard. If its ok cos its uo but uof wbb is empty, your point will be absolutely right and absolutely useless...

LSDjay

Grandmaster

There are players who coz they realise its a game they play with real humans, play considerate towards others and treat them with the same respect they would like to be treated with.

Then there are those people who, because they realise it is a GAME they're playing, do not play considerate towards others and do not feel the urge to treat others with respect.

This does not make any of these players unpleasant individuals in real life, it only reflects their opinion of how a game should be played.

We all have our rage moments, when shit like reskilling and petkilling happen, log off and do something else.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
Maybe you can take the next step and shoot up a theater of unarmed women and children. What a hoot that would be, eh?

I want someone to do this in a theater I'm in...it will be the LAST thing they'd ever wish they would have done ^^

Hell, I pack walking across the street to get my mail and sometimes around the house...trust noone nowadays.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Honestly I'm more worried about the people who have so much personally invested in their UO that when they die they come up with these weird elaborate fantasies about people that did it. I mean yes it's hilariously pitiful, but I worry about their mental health. Like fuck guys it's a game, if you get that heated about it you need to log off and go outside.

The amount of time you guys spend obsessing about people's dicks is super weird too.

So, people killing someone over and over and over is just another kind of fun? Life was much better back in the day when you could not anonymously be a sociopath without fear of getting your ass beat. What the internet has done is provided the sick people with a venue to act out there anti social issue with impunity.

Are you of the opinion that killing someone's miner over and over and over, as well as his pack horse, is fun? Maybe you can take the next step and shoot up a theater of unarmed women and children. What a hoot that would be, eh?

yes sometimes killing people over and over is in fact very funny, and only gets funnier when they rage or make posts on the forums about how mad they are.

Also if you can't differentiate between being a dick on a video game and committing mass murder, you need therapy.

This isnt about pkers. Its about pkers who rez kill, multiple multiple times, kill healers, and generally turn people off the shard. If its ok cos its uo but uof wbb is empty, your point will be absolutely right and absolutely useless...

hmm yes, except the server population is on the rise? WBB bank is packed and there is tons of action on the shard.

You know where WBB isn't packed? Shards where they put limits on what you can and can't do.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I want someone to do this in a theater I'm in...it will be the LAST thing they'd ever wish they would have done ^^

Hell, I pack walking across the street to get my mail and sometimes around the house...trust noone nowadays.

I CC also but if you think you're going to be a hero by returning fire in a crowded theater full of people running and screaming...well that's just a weird fantasy IMO.

Also you sound kinda paranoid man.

Despite what the media feeds you, crime is way way down https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

Shortbus

Grandmaster
I CC also but if you think you're going to be a hero by returning fire in a crowded theater full of people running and screaming...well that's just a weird fantasy IMO.

Also you sound kinda paranoid man.

I am paranoid...they are out to get me...they just...they...what's that noise?

How did they find me...

Kn62OU8.png

Dellan

Grandmaster
Doesn't change none of what I said - they pissed you off, join a guild and kick their butts
You don't want to fight - join a group that will protect you, or at least stops the harassment
You want to play single - you have no right to cry, as it is your fault you have not adapted.

Simple. System in this game is (almost) perfect, everything can be countered, by ways and means both stupidly easy to see and some that require thinking out of the box.

Cack

Grandmaster
You have to look at it from the other side too....a rez kill can only be accomplished by the person choosing to rez knowing theres a pk ther. Ive found , and ive done it myself, that you as the player getting eez killed 75%of the time are trying to trash talk.. if they kill the healer, help stuck or run to another healer/ankh. No one said this game was easy.