Votes: 78 72.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiulan

Master
Item PVP is when you have an item that gives you a direct damage advantage against another player.

The irony is that disabling it actually allows for more direct "pvp" advantage than it ever had before, it's just the people who didn't put in any work to make a tali who now get the advantage, and the people who did are at a disadvantage.

Anyone with half a brain knew that this would happen. But sadly, "no item based pvp" has become the "they terk er jerbs" of UO.

girana

Grandmaster
I say suck shit, majority of you pricks cried about fire horns and wands. Now when your items needs to be fixed you have a big cry. #EADCs

still waiting for names of ppl that used defense tali for pvp.

i can name ton of ppl who abused firehorns/wands but for some reason nobody can name ppl that used the defense tali for pvp.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
still waiting for names of ppl that used defense tali for pvp.

i can name ton of ppl who abused firehorns/wands but for some reason nobody can name ppl that used the defense tali for pvp.

Why is that important? A broken mechanic, or unintentional side effect outside the original vision, is still broken or unintentional and should be fixed. And better to do it now, than still have it there in 2 years, when even more people have built up their talis for the purposes of PvP - even though they have no effect on PvP.

The aggressor thing really needs to be tweaked, because right now there is an outrage against the change, because the change was executed poorly... the poll on the first page would have much different results, if it wasn't for the fact they made it far far worse by making it greifable.

Last edited:

girana

Grandmaster
Why is that important? A broken mechanic, or unintentional side effect outside the original vision, is still broken or unintentional and should be fixed.

its just not true at all that anything was broken or unintentional.

One of the first fixes short after they added the the Tali was that staff made it work against player pets.

TyroneG

Master
The irony is that disabling it actually allows for more direct "pvp" advantage than it ever had before, it's just the people who didn't put in any work to make a tali who now get the advantage, and the people who did are at a disadvantage.

I'd like to know what kind of backwards logic you are using to come up with this?

How are you at any more of a disadvantage being attacked by anyone when mobs treat everyone the same?

De Medici

Grandmaster
TyroneG should become the number 1 pvp consultant of the uof staff. His posts really shows that he knows what he is talking about and he also seem to be less biased then others e.g. stun tamer case.

girana

Grandmaster
I'd like to know what kind of backwards logic you are using to come up with this?

How are you at any more of a disadvantage being attacked by anyone when mobs treat everyone the same?

mobs did treat everyone the same tali or not

Grug'Bug

Adept

It's the way defense tali is intended to be used. At a champ you see them deep in mobs, now all a guy has to do is hide near you, attack to flag you, you drop from mobs maybe almost instantly and they loot you without doing damage or even taking a count. Disabling if you are red, or even the aggressor would make sense.

Lexington

Grandmaster

Anyone with half a brain knew that this would happen. But sadly, "no item based pvp" has become the "they terk er jerbs" of UO.

More direct PVP... More direct griefing PVP maybe. Mobs killing players might be a tactic but it sure as hell isn't PVP!

72%... against!

Darkarna

Grandmaster
no it dosnt why should stuff work sometimes and somestimes not make no sense at all

To prevent it being used in a PVP environment which was stated from the very moment talismans were released. The same applied with the Quench relic I think its called, where it would negate player owned dragons from doing any reasonable damage which, was resolved if I remember right.

I do think however that completely turning it off when attacked is a little strange but circumstantial instances where the talismans switches off *Attacking another player creating a flagging instance, attacking someone else who has just attacked you and so on* there is no reason for this to be a problem since it conforms with the original statements regarding talismans and PVP*

The only way in which all of this can be resolved for the wider audience is to change the ruling on certain talismans working with PVP, which would mean changing talismans around to compensate for damage reduction, increase damage, spell resistance, spell damage and so on. The issue with this would give those an advantage who have the time to farm extensively, levelling talismans up at a greater speed than casual players essentially creating a gap between time investment and obviously talisman efficiency per amount of time invested. Would also lead to gear based PVP rather than 'skill' based.

So technically, it is better to remove all talisman interaction regarding PVP *doesn't matter what it is, be it monster luring or death gating* otherwise the amount of work that needs to be done would be quite substantial.

The other option is to just change the wiki and state that some areas of talisman usage can be used in PVP, which is a lot less work and can be done in a few minutes. Just expect more complaints blah blah.

More direct PVP... More direct griefing PVP maybe. Mobs killing players might be a tactic but it sure as hell isn't PVP!

72%... against!

It is PVP.. You as a player are plotting to kill another player using game mechanics, so technically it is PVP or we could create a new abbreviation such as PVPUM - Player Vs Player Using monsters

Lexington

Grandmaster
To prevent it being used in a PVP environment which was stated from the very moment talismans were released. The same applied with the Quench relic I think its called, where it would negate player owned dragons from doing any reasonable damage which, was resolved if I remember right.

I do think however that completely turning it off when attacked is a little strange but circumstantial instances where the talismans switches off *Attacking another player creating a flagging instance, attacking someone else who has just attacked you and so on* there is no reason for this to be a problem since it conforms with the original statements regarding talismans and PVP*

The only way in which all of this can be resolved for the wider audience is to change the ruling on certain talismans working with PVP, which would mean changing talismans around to compensate for damage reduction, increase damage, spell resistance, spell damage and so on. The issue with this would give those an advantage who have the time to farm extensively, levelling talismans up at a greater speed than casual players essentially creating a gap between time investment and obviously talisman efficiency per amount of time invested. Would also lead to gear based PVP rather than 'skill' based.

So technically, it is better to remove all talisman interaction regarding PVP *doesn't matter what it is, be it monster luring or death gating* otherwise the amount of work that needs to be done would be quite substantial.

The other option is to just change the wiki and state that some areas of talisman usage can be used in PVP, which is a lot less work and can be done in a few minutes. Just expect more complaints blah blah.

It is PVP.. You as a player are plotting to kill another player using game mechanics, so technically it is PVP or we could create a new abbreviation such as PVPUM - Player Vs Player Using monsters

Yeah, I think I'm done with the conversation... I'll never agreed with a change like this... a mechanic was introduced and worked exactly as @eppy intended. To many players spent to much time, gold and donation coins to be slapped in the face!

FYI I asked the dev team many questions about this tali before leveling so I knew exactly how it was supposed to work from the very begging!

"It is PVP.. You as a player are plotting to kill another player using game mechanics, so technically it is PVP or we could create a new abbreviation such as PVPUM - Player Vs Player Using monsters"

^^ with this thought process and logic there is no middle ground it needs to be disabled completely... if one cant have it none can... aggressor or defender! You also need to disable all slayer AR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.