Votes: 21 19.6%
  • No.

Votes: 78 72.9%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear, everyone who wants to nerf defense tali also wants to nerf meta pets correct? A person with a lvl 7 meta dragon is going to dominate someone with a regular dragon hard, whereas a dexxer with defense tali only has a tiny indirect advantage over a dexxer with none.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
Why not just make all talismans disable if you are red or grey? Eliminates using it to kill innocents, and eliminates stealthers flagging people's tali off.

ding ding ding this orc here might be on to an easy quick fix

if a red whines about being "disadvantage" remember you're red because you kill noobs while they're fighting for their lives against an ettin

also - this should apply to every talisman if one is being affected, don't gimp just the people who strived for defense tali, gimp everyone

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Maybe with such a high percentage of people expressing great reservations about this change some kind of compromise could be made that could satisfy most? The ability to grief right now with this change does seem severe. I don't think it would be unreasonable to put in some safe guards now to guard against this or even just delay this change (and open dialogue) so people can be involved in the process.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Where did he say this exactly? Is there a post you can link to or quote?

There really isn't much in this game that doesn't indirectly affect pvp in some way. I find it odd that he would promise something that was impossible to deliver, given how the defense tali was designed to work. Did he just not know or understand how it worked? Even for several years after it was implemented and people were actively using it?

For some reason, my original link to this didn't work.

Read down the page a little.

https://www.uoforum.com/threads/stop-defense-talisman-abuse.82749/

I think to stop all this crap, would be best to just leave it as it is, like it was originally. Considering it has been an issue for some players over the years and no real solution without completely breaking one part of the system then it would make sense to not create even more divide.

What I do find amusing is back then, not many people had high levelled talismans where the defence version is concerned. There seemed to be much more criticism against it and a larger following of players who were against it affecting PVP in any way. Strange how times change eh?

Last edited:

girana

Grandmaster
Just to be clear, everyone who wants to nerf defense tali also wants to nerf meta pets correct? A person with a lvl 7 meta dragon is going to dominate someone with a regular dragon hard, whereas a dexxer with defense tali only has a tiny indirect advantage over a dexxer with none.

a normal dragon does more dmg than meta dragons in pvp

bradley-

Grandmaster
Was fighting a deer earlier who attacked a bird and phase shifted away.. Why does the Zerker talisman work in PvP but the defense one has been disabled?

The colorful vivify daemons indirectly affect PvP as well because they're stronger than regular daemons. Vivified daemons should revert to regular summoned daemons when attacked. Also, the magi talisman allows people to get a mana surge via the shadow disciple relic by randomly attacking a mob when in combat. Why does the magi talisman work in PvP but the defense talisman has been disabled?

Meta pets have higher health and stronger defenses than regular pets. Their relics work on players when triggered by mobs (i.e. Quicksilver triggers on cow, kills player with remaining active time). Metas indirectly affect PvP in the same way everything else does.

There needs to be uniformity with everything working as it use to or to disable everything when flagged in PvP. Can't disable one and allow the rest.

De Medici

Grandmaster
Was fighting a deer earlier who attacked a bird and phase shifted away.. Why does the Zerker talisman work in PvP but the defense one has been disabled?

The colorful vivify daemons indirectly affect PvP as well because they're stronger than regular daemons. Vivified daemons should revert to regular summoned daemons when attacked. Also, the magi talisman allows people to get a mana surge via the shadow disciple relic by randomly attacking a mob when in combat. Why does the magi talisman work in PvP but the defense talisman has been disabled?

Meta pets have higher health and stronger defenses than regular pets. Their relics work on players when triggered by mobs (i.e. Quicksilver triggers on cow, kills player with remaining active time). Metas indirectly affect PvP in the same way everything else does.

There needs to be uniformity with everything working as it use to or to disable everything when flagged in PvP. Can't disable one and allow the rest.
I agree they should disable phaseshift if pvp is involved and iam pretty sure they will do it. So if you plan to buy a phaseshift so you can fly away in pvp DONT do it and cry on forums that you lost your 4m investment after they changed the mechanic.

girana

Grandmaster

Meta dragons do less dmg in pvp than regular dragons.

Let's not turn this into a discussion about meta pets. I'm not trying to get meta pets nerfed. Just another analogy about why nerfing defense tali is so ridiculous.

girana

Grandmaster
Let's not turn this into a discussion about meta pets. I'm not trying to get meta pets nerfed. Just another analogy about why nerfing defense tali is so ridiculous.

nerfing defense tali was done with arguments that got made up by players who didnt played for ages.

TyroneG

Master
Why can't the general consensus just be that PVM additions (metas, relics, talismans, etc.) have no effect (directly or indirectly) on PVP? That way we don't have silly arguments like which things can work in PVP scenarios and which ones can't.

Either all or nothing IMO. If you honestly want this silly bullshit to exist in PVP then just have metas molten breath people and players flying around phase shifting and double striking each other.

Or get rid of the bullshit (in PVP situations only) and play the game the way (generally) it was meant to be played in this era.

Don't get me wrong, I love that there are PVM additions that keep the game fun and interesting for players. I just feel as if they should have no impact at all on PVP.

The metas have only very small indirect effects on pvp. I don't see how this is analogous to opening up the floodgates to making them dominate pvp. It's impossible to completely remove all slight pvp side-effect without ruining the metas for PvM as well.

Lexington

Grandmaster
For some reason, my original link to this didn't work.

Read down the page a little.

https://www.uoforum.com/threads/stop-defense-talisman-abuse.82749/

I think to stop all this crap, would be best to just leave it as it is, like it was originally. Considering it has been an issue for some players over the years and no real solution without completely breaking one part of the system then it would make sense to not create even more divide.

What I do find amusing is back then, not many people had high levelled talismans where the defence version is concerned. There seemed to be much more criticism against it and a larger following of players who were against it affecting PVP in any way. Strange how times change eh?

It's like I said this was talked about A LOT and it was basically working as intended. I don't understand why after it was agreed to be left as is they make the decision to alter it now after so many have invested so much into it?!?!

Just got raped by a pvp tamer at the brit bank, tail useless... you're going to see this template dominate again!! It amazes me that we can alter the defense tali to supposedly balance things but a tamer can remount his mare instantly when its in combat WTF?

Also fought a fencer last night that used phase shift to escape while fleeing

Used Vivify lots to protect my ass in PVP as well.

Players that use treehack, sallos and script all have an advantage in pvp... disable them all!! LOL

Last edited:

Ranker

Master
Well I had someone attack me a two days ago and I ran hid and he used a purple pot on me, I never once touched him btw (and if I had it would have been auto attack anyways) So I used my expert juke moves and got away. So i recalled out and sat for 15 mins. I then asked myself, why am I the one sitting for 15 while the red had to wait 3-5min until criminal was gone and he moved on. Just didn't and still doesn't feel fair or ever close to being right.

I say again I don't mind it dropping if I attack ANYONE (Be that red/blue/green or grey) as long as I am the aggressor. But auto attacking back or just being hit? Nope sorry that is silly and overboard to me. I really hope to hear a final answer on if this is staying as is or what the plans are going ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.