Champions

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
And there is counter strategy as well, like grouping on blue pvpers to fight the reds, instead of finding a solution in game and figuring it out lets drown the forums in endless QQ until staff changes it

I agree, but in the OP's defence, EQMS only use reds when they have 3 to 1 odds in their favour, so the grouping blues don't have much chance.

But champs not moving is trammel.

Bromista

Grandmaster
If you're here talking about Trammel you've missed the point. Many congratulations to you.

This server has a storied history of having things gone unnoticed by staff. The best example in this case is Barracoon. It was the easiest champ by far. After like a solid year, maybe year and a half Shane decided it was too easy (like he truly could not believe it) and radical changes were made. He was made too powerful and had to be dialed back down, ridiculous teleporting, etc.

Now POWER had already been making a pretty decent living by taking the champ and dragging him to the swamp, but when long-overdue attention was finally given Shane decided that it also would not be acceptable so he was made to rubber-band back to the altar.

Now you see that was a change that was deliberately made.

Oaks had to have those mechanics from the beginning, being an overworld champ. Those pixies though...they don't quit for nothin' sometimes lol.

Another change that was made early on was Mephitis being moved from Valor island where it could be boated to Tera Keep where it belonged in the first place. Where it can be drug to the Balron Nest. That's another classic POWER move. Here's an example of them doing it in September of 2014

201dbe62fc.png

It was mentioned. It was ignored. Don't ask me why. I can't control these things.

Play the Trammel card all you want. That's fine. It's foolish, but if it's folly you're after I ain't gonna stop you pal.

Make them all able to be lured. That's fine too. I don't give a shit. If champs are able to be lured and others not that's just an inconsistency/oversight and a mechanic and not in line with the vision of the shard owner.

I dunno maybe let's ask @Shane how he feels.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
I still don't get where the trammel thing is coming from, not like you wouldn't be able to pk still? No reds in a champ zone would be trammel, this puts more pks in a champ zone, and @Fattson we only recall out when reds drag the whole champ on us and we're on foot with tamers, normally we try and fight

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I still don't get where the trammel thing is coming from, not like you wouldn't be able to pk still? No reds in a champ zone would be trammel, this puts more pks in a champ zone, and @Fattson we only recall out when reds drag the whole champ on us and we're on foot with tamers, normally we try and fight

its hard to pk and take the champ when the boss keep bouncing back to a stack of 25 lvl 7 metas

Dig'em

Grandmaster
its hard to pk and take the champ when the boss keep bouncing back to a stack of 25 lvl 7 metas
It's hard to fight back against a group of mounted reds, it should be difficult for both parties, not one sided like it is now, sneak in, drag boss, you don't even have to fight most of the time with the way it is now and its stupid as fackkkk

Dig'em

Grandmaster
What do you mean? Sneaking the champ out to pvm it by yourselves is tram as fuck, come fight the people doing the champ for it

1. Champs are end game pvp
2. champs should be lurable for tactical reasons
3. dont be mad because you cant keep tabs on the champ
4. you are seriously lucky shane and co. let you get a champ score. Every other shard and real UO powerscrolls are awarded based on damage to the champ only. So luring off the champ and keeping it isolated to guarantee all powerscrolls is a common tactic during a raid. This is how it should be. So yes, the ruleset already favors you and your band of tamers and you should hope they dont change it back to the way it should be. Frankly, it is embarrassing how easy it is to get PS on this server when getting raided, you dont even have to fight, can just stand hidden somewhere.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Hi. Does anyone feel like addressing this point instead of embarrassing themselves by talk of Trammel?
If you're here talking about Trammel you've missed the point. Many congratulations to you.

This server has a storied history of having things gone unnoticed by staff. The best example in this case is Barracoon. It was the easiest champ by far. After like a solid year, maybe year and a half Shane decided it was too easy (like he truly could not believe it) and radical changes were made. He was made too powerful and had to be dialed back down, ridiculous teleporting, etc.

Now POWER had already been making a pretty decent living by taking the champ and dragging him to the swamp, but when long-overdue attention was finally given Shane decided that it also would not be acceptable so he was made to rubber-band back to the altar.

Now you see that was a change that was deliberately made.

Oaks had to have those mechanics from the beginning, being an overworld champ. Those pixies though...they don't quit for nothin' sometimes lol.

Another change that was made early on was Mephitis being moved from Valor island where it could be boated to Tera Keep where it belonged in the first place. Where it can be drug to the Balron Nest. That's another classic POWER move. Here's an example of them doing it in September of 2014

201dbe62fc.png

It was mentioned. It was ignored. Don't ask me why. I can't control these things.

Play the Trammel card all you want. That's fine. It's foolish, but if it's folly you're after I ain't gonna stop you pal.

Make them all able to be lured. That's fine too. I don't give a shit. If champs are able to be lured and others not that's just an inconsistency/oversight and a mechanic and not in line with the vision of the shard owner.

I dunno maybe let's ask @Shane how he feels.

Maller

Adept
been a while since I was active in champ scene. you do not have to be the strongest to get the goods out, you just have to be smart about it. I will not share tactics publicly, but I will say the last champ I did from start to finish, we were raided. i was killed, and my ps looted, but i still got my artifact out.

Kairus

Adept
dragging a champ away IS avoiding pvp. they just want to steal loots, not pvp. if they wanted pvp they can do it at brit bridge or smth.

people WHO want champ luring to stay are cowards. they are too afraid to pvp, they just wana exploit the luring thing to get some pixels.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Except we have already killed you all and dragged the champ? you are dead, the champ is pulled, now we want to kill the champ before you return with 25 lvl 7 metas and kill the champ before we can kill you all again......

It has very little to do with the pixels but what obtaining the pixels represents. It represents victory over your opponents. This is very end game stuff and has been since introduced. In the very first patch notes regarding champ spawns they mention PKs camping champs and how they would strategize for dealing with the blues and the monsters themselves.

I dont and will not ever raid champ spawns on this server because of how terrible the system is already. Very lucky you have such PVE friendly rules here regarding dungeons and in particular champ spawns.

I vote to make it so only damage to the champ itself can reward a powerscroll, but other rares and relics are based on overall champ spawn score. That is the way it is should be. The powerscroll market should be controlled by the best and most well organized pvp groups, not mass tamers that can recall right onto a champ spawn ( the most ridiculous thing ever LOL) and gate right out...

Imagine having to run to and from champ spawn locations and only being able to gate or recall once you were no longer inside a dungeon. That is how it is supposed to be. But players now are soft and dont want to have to learn how to pvp to earn end game pvp rewards. They want ultra powerful pokemon and rules to protect them.

Bromista

Grandmaster
If that's your argument, then just time your attack better.

Luring the champ offers you the ability to get away with sloppy timing because in all reality you need to be raiding a champ at the best possible time. If luring the spawn is a requirement to be able to "take it" by dragging it out of drop range relative to where people expect a champ to be, then you did badly IMO.

Fighting still took place and is still going to take place, you're just trying to set yourself up better so in all reality being able to lure a champ is a safety net by dodging further PvP in a bad raid attempt. Or at the very least trying to be cheesy by taking it out of range and disqualifying people from getting drops that are returning to fight.

Definitely cheesy. Can't argue against that.

That's not the point I'm here to make but even I can see that lol. Plain and simple, the champs all need to be on the same page in line with the vision of @Shane

Malkraven

Grandmaster
If that's your argument, then just time your attack better.

Luring the champ offers you the ability to get away with sloppy timing because in all reality you need to be raiding a champ at the best possible time. If luring the spawn is a requirement to be able to "take it" by dragging it out of drop range relative to where people expect a champ to be, then you did badly IMO.

Fighting still took place and is still going to take place, you're just trying to set yourself up better so in all reality being able to lure a champ is a safety net by dodging further PvP in a bad raid attempt. Or at the very least trying to be cheesy by taking it out of range and disqualifying people from getting drops that are returning to fight.

Definitely cheesy. Can't argue against that.

That's not the point I'm here to make but even I can see that lol. Plain and simple, the champs all need to be on the same page in line with the vision of @Shane

You have already been beaten and just want to recall in range in the last 2-5 secs and still get a reward and instantly recall out. so basicly you lost but feel you still deserve a reward?

Most of the time the invading force has a fraction of the pvmers numbers and 0 pets. draggin the boss to an area you can better defend while you deal with the butt hurt nerds who have already lost try to grab free scrolls by recalling in and hiding.