Champions

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
1) Faction Power Scroll - I don't think it's worth it to have a devoted power scroll for factioneers. A lot of people that go to champ spawns on faction chars don't even faction often or at all. Its also kind of lame for someone to be able to log on a faction char - kill a few spawn... and be able to get a scroll with less than a 100 score if there are no other faction chars there.

2) Minimum score - I know the way scrolls/rares/relics are given out is fairly random. I am fine with that... but what about changing it around so players need a "minimum" score to be eligible? It doesn't have to be 15K +.. even if it's only 10k.

-- If this were implemented - it would make guilds like POWER and $$ have to put in a little bit of effort... and would not allow them to come in with 10 fully stocked reds at the end.. while the 10-15 random blues (usually) have low stock, dead pets, and some dead friends.. and for them to be able to pick everyone off - lure the boss to the other side of the dungeon... and kill the boss and get all the drops within a matter of 5 minutes max.

-- I think this would encourage PVP maybe a bit too. it would give the blues/other guilds "time" to restock - and try to take the champ back over from the enemy.

3) Have 1 power scroll randomly devoted to any of the top 3 ranks: 1st, 2nd or 3rd place .... There are often times where not one person will get a scroll that is in the top 3 on the scoreboard.

POWER + $ + EQMS does stuff like this though - because they are too afraid to die and take causalities on their reds.. if they keep the boss at the altar. They know they would surely take deaths , if they do not do this -

7RpxSKf.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkraven

Grandmaster
1) Faction Power Scroll - I don't think it's worth it to have a devoted power scroll for factioneers. A lot of people that go to champ spawns on faction chars don't even faction often or at all. Its also kind of lame for someone to be able to log on a faction char - kill a few spawn... and be able to get a scroll with less than a 100 score if there are no other faction chars there.

2) Minimum score - I know the way scrolls/rares/relics are given out is fairly random. I am fine with that... but what about changing it around so players need a "minimum" score to be eligible? It doesn't have to be 15K +.. even if it's only 10k.
-- If this were implemented - it would make guilds like POWER and $$ have to put in a little bit of effort... and would not allow them to come in with 10 fully stocked reds at the end.. while the 10-15 random blues (usually) have low stock, dead pets, and some dead friends.. and for them to be able to pick everyone off - lure the boss to the other side of the dungeon... and kill the boss and get all the drops within a matter of 5 minutes max.
-- I think this would encourage PVP maybe a bit too. it would give the blues/other guilds "time" to restock - and try to take the champ back over from the enemy.

3) Have 1 power scroll randomly devoted to any of the top 3 ranks: 1st, 2nd or 3rd place .... There are often times where not one person will get a scroll that is in the top 3 on the scoreboard.

POWER + $ + EQMS does stuff like this though - because they are too afraid to die and take causalities on their reds.. if they keep the boss at the altar. They know they would surely take deaths , if they do not do this -

7RpxSKf.png

- So basicly you're saying 1st 2nd or 3rd should always get a scroll? ( mayb it could go right into thier bank acct?)
- Red's should have to work the spawn to be eligiable to get scrolls?
- you're really dumb and even thou most of your champs get taken in the last 5 mins you are never prepared to fight back?
- you're to ***** to put a toon in factions to get the bonus scroll?
- you want the boss to bounce back to the main area cos you are to unorganized to find it and even if you could you coudnt take it back cos red's have it in a defended area?

sounds to me like we should just ban red toons from the champ area and let you fgts have free loot......

StegcO

Grandmaster

I think the PS for factioned is a good idea, the problem is that only one factioned go to champ not of the feature, adding to this the PS is the 4th so the factioned don't "steal" the possibility to drop of people have killed mob for 2 hours.

Sincerly i don't know exacly the algorithm how the champ drop, but if you put a 10k minimum point to drop you instant kill the champion feature because the guilds stop to raid and other guilds stop the protection because it's no more necessary. I don't think will be a good idea to "remove" possibility to pk/war/raid/protection in an old school uo server.

This is the advantage to have an organizated guild and the disadvantage if you start a champ yelling at brit bank to start with random blu player.

I'll repeat, it's UO not Lord of the Rings Online, if you put the 10k minimum point to drop you can say to Admin to script a menu where you can select random guy to make a Champ like in Destiny or other theme park game.

The only thing that incourage the PVP is the organization, if a guild make a champ he can call the PVP char 3 minute before the Champ Spawn and you will have all the PVP you want, no need "new" feature in champ to have protection against the red.

And if you are a lonely blu char that have started a champ with random player you can't cry because you fail and end game feature in a sandbox game. Next time go to kill Lich.

3) Have 1 power scroll randomly devoted to any of the top 3 ranks: 1st, 2nd or 3rd place .... There are often times where not one person will get a scroll that is in the top 3 on the scoreboard

I don't know exacly the algorithm how the champ drop, please explain :)

Sketeg

Master
If I'm reading your arguments correct Malk, you require blues running the spawn to be:
- Better and more organized than all the red zergs in the server, while simultaneously managing a champ spawn.
- Able to easily fend off reds while spread out, and on PVM templates.
- Able to restock in <2 minutes/or ALWAYS have their own reds on standby, and using tracking to find the boss. Either abandoning their champion score or spending twice the resources as the invading reds, as well as hours of additional time.

If anything, champ leashing just evens the playing field for the people ACTUALLY putting in effort. If you honestly argue against this, you probably don't ever run champ spawns during peak hours, and probably don't contribute shit to the server as a whole and make a living being a parasite. Are you in $?
If you have any comments that aren't sub-human, mouth drooling rhetoric, ie "DO DIS IF YOU WANT TRAMMEL", I'd love to hear it! Why is luring the champion to an un-findable location a good thing? Why should reds that already put in the least amount of effort possible, have almost no challenge or risk in taking hours of work from other people? Looking forward to comments devoid of the word "trammel"!

Malkraven

Grandmaster
If I'm reading your arguments correct Malk, you require blues running the spawn to be:
- Better and more organized than all the red zergs in the server, while simultaneously managing a champ spawn.
- Able to easily fend off reds while spread out, and on PVM templates.
- Able to restock in <2 minutes/or ALWAYS have their own reds on standby, and using tracking to find the boss. Either abandoning their champion score or spending twice the resources as the invading reds, as well as hours of additional time.

If anything, champ leashing just evens the playing field for the people ACTUALLY putting in effort. If you honestly argue against this, you probably don't ever run champ spawns during peak hours, and probably don't contribute shit to the server as a whole and make a living being a parasite. Are you in $?
If you have any comments that aren't sub-human, mouth drooling rhetoric, ie "DO DIS IF YOU WANT TRAMMEL", I'd love to hear it! Why is luring the champion to an un-findable location a good thing? Why should reds that already put in the least amount of effort possible, have almost no challenge or risk in taking hours of work from other people? Looking forward to comments devoid of the word "trammel"!

or have alt pvp toons ready to go? you know its has a high chance of happening? you know full well where its goin to be pullled, its not unfindable its the same spot everytime and you out number them 2 to 1? if you could just stop crying have pvp toons ready, stop refusing to use voice coms and mayb you wouldnt get killed constantly 5 v 20+pets

Stop crying lol jesus PKs are part of UO always have been. taking your spawn doesnt make them sub human. Dam you girls are whiney little bitches.

As for not contributing to the server ive donate lots ive been a companion for 2 + yrs and helped 1000s of young players? what is it exactly you have done except cry you lost to sub human PKS?

P.S im POWER we never have more than 8 at any champ most of the time 4-5 thats not a zerg.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
@Sketeg Malkraven is in power..and is afraid to die on his red, if they dont lure the boss like @Bobby123

and @Silly Santa is a whiney little ***** who is too fucking dumb to use voice coms ect to organize his shitbox of a guild into anything else than a bunch of solo players dying at champ spawns over and over.

As for being scared we fight dailey v double even triple our numbers on red/blues/ojs stop being such a salty ***** and organize your shit.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
and @Silly Santa is a whiney little ***** who is too fucking dumb to use voice coms ect to organize his shitbox of a guild into anything else than a bunch of solo players dying at champ spawns over and over.

As for being scared we fight dailey v double even triple our numbers on red/blues/ojs stop being such a salty ***** and organize your shit.

Lol.. Out of like literally 100 champ spawns in 2 years...ive only seen you personally come at a spawn im at like maybeeee 5x...power is not too relevant at them lately :rolleyes: Where is folken hiding???

Fattson

Grandmaster
It seems like what this argument is boiling down to is that reds who raid champs should be punished for being organized, having a game plan, and executing that plan properly while unorganized blue guilds that make up the vast majority of meta pet + relic users on the shard should not have to fight for what they've been working for. Because they've spent an hour of their day doing the champ, a reward should be handed to them without having to deal with any outside interference.

Is that accurate?

Fattson

Grandmaster
Lol.. Out of like literally 100 champ spawns in 2 years...ive only seen you personally come at a spawn im at like maybeeee 5x...power is not too relevant at them lately :rolleyes: Where is folken hiding???
We showed up at the last level of abyss last night on blues. I came on a meta dexxer, got 15k points in ten minutes and got a ps. There's more than one way to shave a snatch.

Malkraven

Grandmaster

So you keep saying mayb thats cos atm we dont really care that much and do other stuff but when we do raid we still take everything with 1/4 of your numbers and why is that?

Cos you refuse to use your brain dude all you need to do is have some pvpers ready to recall in, use Voice coms its not 1990 anymore.

P.S you probably know 1 of my toon names?

jxcqnOH.jpg

There is no reason this should happen if you could just organize your shit and have pvpers ready to go.... but rather than come back on pvpers you try to res and hide in the hopes of getting a scroll and being res killed over and over.

Defend your shit bro

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
We showed up at the last level of abyss last night on blues.
Lol...
So you keep saying mayb thats cos atm we dont really care that much and do other stuff but when we do raid we still take everything with 1/4 of your numbers and why is that?

Cos you refuse to use your brain dude all you need to do is have some pvpers ready to recall in, use Voice coms its not 1990 anymore.

P.S you probably know 1 of my toon names?

jxcqnOH.jpg

There is no reason this should happen if you could just organize your shit and have pvpers ready to go.... but rather than come back on pvpers you try to res and hide in the hopes of getting a scroll and being res killed over and over.

Defend your shit bro
pipin lupin - nice screenshot from months ago :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also your 1 funny spell clicker ..lawl

Edit - i was killed on my "pvmer" in that SS from monthsss ago btw..does that make you feel tough?

Kairus

Adept
as the current champ system stands , here are some solutions to avoid being raided, that people chose from:

1)join one of zergs. > this obviously harms the server, if everyone was in zerg guilds, i think first ppl to leave server would be POWER.

2)dont play if u dont have many allies/guildies. > there are MANY ppl doing this. first it starts as just not doing champs when u dont have friendly ppl online, then it turns into "dont play if u dont have many friendly ppl online". then it turns into dont play at all... great solution eh...

3)dont give a shit about any champ ever > well if u liked doing champs, too bad, u wont be able to have fun doing champs anymore. this option is chosen a lot too. when there is no one left doing champs, raiders will get bored and they wont be able to have anymore fun either.

this is reality.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Lol...

pipin lupin - nice screenshot from months ago :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also your 1 funny spell clicker ..lawl

lawl im sorry you are too dumb im trying to point out how you can defend your shit rather than having your shit pushed every single champ and crying about it. all you can do is make ******** comment about the spells i dont use very often and click..... (dispels/Pfield/reveal)

this is why after years of doin champs you are still bottom of the barrel at them you refuse to adapt or use your brain and just keep doin the same dumb shit over and over.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
lawl im sorry you are too dumb im trying to point out how you can defend your shit rather than having your shit pushed every single champ and crying about it. all you can do is make ******** comment about the spells i dont use very often and click..... (dispels/Pfield/reveal)

this is why after years of doin champs you are still bottom of the barrel at them you refuse to adapt or use your brain and just keep doin the same dumb shit over and over.

Nice screenshot from months ago.....months...as i said power ain't too relevant ..or you would have posted a more recent SS

Sketeg

Master
I actually haven't seen a POWER raid since I've returned to the server about a month ago. I've seen babethoven roll up on one of his characters and get killed by spawn a bunch, but no raids. I've also never seen 20 people simultaneously work a spawn since then either, but I know how you guys love to inflate stuff to feel relevant again. Bottom line is, if you're ACTUALLY an organized pvp group, you can use literally one EV or a couple of poison fields to hold down an ankh. Reds just have it absurdly easy right now, they don't even have to work for it, you're like trammie reds!