Bobby123 best money making guide for novice players !

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Is this the first time this has happened? I mean UO is a game with freedom of choice, there are PK's, they sometimes set traps, they often frequent anywhere they think there will be activity, MoTM, Dungeon Altars, Champs, RDA's, all very common to run into PK's. If you consider the reasons you are doing dungeon crystals (high chance yield of riches), the PK's are doing the same thing, taking your crystals, and turning them in so they can get rich quick. You can't really pin the actions of Vanq on bobby, being a trap.

There are some ways to protect yourself here:
  • store your crystals at home as you get them
  • mark a rune beside the altar, from inside your home, open a gate, hide yourself, then go through the gate to scout
  • same as above, but go through the gate to put your crystals in the altar (while hidden)
  • don't take all your crystals at the same time unless you are sure its safe, even then I'd do small batches at a time
  • Target your backpack, not the crystals, it'll add all crystals in your bag to the altar! (thanks @Jado)

Last edited:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Actually I don't want to attribute the tactic to fresh-faced weaklings. This is a bobby-caliber move he has been pulling little stunts like that for a couple years now.

In truth, it's refreshing to see that they have temporarily ceased camping player houses. The ultimate mark of sadness.

Jado

Apprentice
I can vouch for this method and it certainly isn't troll advice. Only just started and have been farming non stop.

got 3 relics in 4 days. Just sold a DS for 11m so yea it's much more profitable than champs and rdas. Yes I got pkd many many times. But just res up with 2nd char and go again.

I will concede tho i have been pretty lucky on rolls on who gets relic. First one i got with only 4 hand ins. Each time after that i handed in around 20. Each crystal is 0.5% chance of relic if you break it down. So 20 means I get 10% chance of relic each time boss goes goes down.

The only thing i found not accurate about this guide is the gold P/h. I found I made only about 25k pH if u take into account the restocking after deaths.

Previous tips for crystal safety above is accurate.
Scout altar first.
Rune v close to altar.
Invisible/hide in house and gate through.
Turn in by selecting your backpack in paper doll vs clicking each crystal individually. It turns em all in at once.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
I can vouch for this method and it certainly isn't troll advice. Only just started and have been farming non stop.

got 3 relics in 4 days. Just sold a DS for 11m so yea it's much more profitable than champs and rdas. Yes I got pkd many many times. But just res up with 2nd char and go again.

I will concede tho i have been pretty lucky on rolls on who gets relic. First one i got with only 4 hand ins. Each time after that i handed in around 20. Each crystal is 0.5% chance of relic if you break it down. So 20 means I get 10% chance of relic each time boss goes goes down.

The only thing i found not accurate about this guide is the gold P/h. I found I made only about 25k pH if u take into account the restocking after deaths.

Previous tips for crystal safety above is accurate.
Scout altar first.
Rune v close to altar.
Invisible/hide in house and gate through.
Turn in by selecting your backpack in paper doll vs clicking each crystal individually. It turns em all in at once.

Dont die then ! [e giggles

Anyway congrats on your relics !

GG

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
tinfoil-hat-and-tinfoil-cat.jpg

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
ya i turn in a few crystals all the time and have never gotten anything...

i think im just bad at this game..id be lucky to get a ps

Jado

Apprentice
@Xiulan @Bobby123

Just got a tread relic from Fafnir today with 10 turn ins. Had a guy randomly come up to me at Hythloth Ballys to congratz me coz he had some turn ins as well for destard. Destard has been the best overall for me as you can make decent money killing destard spawn and the champ always goes down fast after summon.

I still farm motm on the side but i really dont like it its a lot of effort and competition for what feels like no return.

Also I wouldn't say it was particularly 'lucky'. 10 turn ins = 5% and i've prob attempted 15 or so other turn ins with only 10 and haven't got anything so just based on probability i was expecting a relic within the next 5 attempts based on law of averages. In short, it took me about 165 crystals for the latest relic.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Def tali is the best for farming Crystals in destard, you are basically invul and running throught mobs is not a problem but a big problems for pk so its easy not only surviving but even killing pks thanks to dragons.