Bobby123 best money making guide for novice players !

Bobby123

Grandmaster
With @Darkarna words of encouragement , i will write up a basic guide to for novice players on the best way to make $ in UOF .

In my opinion , the best way to make money is hands down turning in dungeon crystals . There are currently 3 Dungeons that you can turn in crystals : Destard , Hyloth , Cove 5. You can read up more of these in wiki but let me just explain the rationale to you behind my reasoning .

With dungeon crystals , there is a 20% of getting a relic if you placed 50 crystals . For example , so if you place 25 crystals , you have a 10% chance . However there are other benefits using this method as your main way of making $ on UOF .

These are the advantages :
-you just have to farm at your own pace ( no time constraint)
- You can farm continuously for the next day as dungeon altars have only 8 hr cooldown while crystals have 24 hr decay timer
-you dont really have to worry abt getting pked other than the occasional dungeon pk .
-You also do not have to be online to kill the boss to receive the relic as it will be automatically be in your bank if you win the roll for the Relic.
-You will still get to lvl up your meta pet , talisman etc (loot gold and taming ss etc ) from mobs you kill

Many people think doing champs etc is the best way to make money but they are wrong . Doing champs is just like buying a lotto ticket , the odds are extremely low for a good drop ( currently only 120 taming is the real deal ) and you constantly have to worry abt getting raided by pks. IMO Most major guilds do champs more of a guild activity thing than to actually make $.

Let me a do a breakdown :

- an average solo player that does crystals turn in at altar can farm approx 60-80k gold an hr ( not including taming ss , rares etc , weapons ) . Assuming he plays for 5 hrs a day , hes making 10-12m+ gold in a month. With the occasional relic he gets in bank ( i am confident if you do it everyday for a month , you get a minimum of 2 relics ) , hes making a minimum of approx 16-18m . Thats the same as making a 120 taming ps every month.

- On the other hand, a player that does champ everyday for 5 ( 3-4 champs a day ) hrs will make nowhere close to the guy turning in dungeon crystals. Junk Ps are worth 70k , the better ps are worth 250k etc the odds of getting a 120 taming is pretty low . If you factor in getting raided by pks then its a bigger NO NO doing champs just to make $.

-Personally i dont recommend Motm because the odds for relic ( same as hoping for a 120 taming at champs ) are terribly low and you get pked pretty often at Motm spots.

Hope this helps !

Last edited:

DrSaso

Master
I did wonder what those multi-faceted crystals were for :) so just get a bunch, dump on shrine, and cross fingers? Rinse repeat

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
"These are the advantages :
- You can farm continuously for the next day as dungeon altars have only 8 hr cooldown while crystals have 24 hr decay timer
-you dont really have to worry abt getting pked other than the occasional dungeon pk .
-You also do not have to be online to kill the boss to receive the relic as it will be automatically be in your bank if you win the roll for the Relic.
-You will still get to lvl up your meta pet , talisman etc (loot gold and taming ss etc ) from mobs you kill "

wheres part 2 to explain that

before the $/POWER alliance you guys were the #1 players to kill/trap innocent players pets when they dared to adventure out in the world and hold it for ransom and extort NEW players? reason why theres....36 players on forums right now?..... X3....oh......righhhhht

also please inform the population about the many trackers you guys play 1/3 accounts online always TRACKING.... so dont buy into the YOUR SAFE farming for dungeon crystals..... THOSE guys are the #1 dungeon crystal turn in players... do you ACTUALLY think they are going to allow you to take the mills out their pocket into yours?? Much less play a theif character to steal your crystals when you turn them in, just the many tactics/faces these certain individuals wear. Be aware

Bobby123

Grandmaster
-You will still get to lvl up your meta pet , talisman etc (loot gold and taming ss etc ) from mobs you kill "

before the $/POWER alliance you guys were the #1 players to kill/trap innocent players pets when they dared to adventure out in the world and hold it for ransom and extort NEW players? reason why theres....36 players on forums right now?..... X3....oh......righhhhht

also please inform the population about the many trackers you guys play 1/3 accounts online always TRACKING.... so dont buy into the YOUR SAFE farming for dungeon crystals..... THOSE guys are the #1 dungeon crystal turn in players... do you ACTUALLY think they are going to allow you to take the mills out their pocket into yours?? Much less play a theif character to steal your crystals when you turn them in, just the many tactics/faces these certain individuals wear. Be aware

Wow look at babethoven trying to troll my thread . What a surprise !

Firstly , Arent you ban on forums ??? Why are you evading ban and worse still , using someone elses account to post on UOF forum ???

Secondly , your explanation makes no sense to me . Farming crystal doesnt take anything away from us. Its just a roll of luck to decide who wins the relic . ALso if you do manage to place all 50 crystals , no one can steal anything from you .

Last but not least , its players like yourself who think they are good but actually trash category bring it upon themselves . You have a huge ego but the crux is your skills/ gaming talent in UO cant keep up with your ego so you are always salty and jealous over others . Didnt you join EQMS to increase your chance of survival in game but still got defeated ???

Like i always say to you babethoven , its not my fault that you are bad at UO you know ???

Just saying ..................

p.s hope staff can check out on this forum account @ScooterUo

@halygon @eppy @JoeB @JennaL @Swayze

Last edited:

the_bubba

Journeyman
I run tracking on my thief pretty consistently, scouting dungeons, looking to grief, to avoid PKs, whatever. I have never in my short time on this server seen anyone else doing that. I regularly visit Destard and never once came across someone else doing that. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but if it does, it's not on a regular basis.

ScooterUo

Grandmaster
FACTS:

lets get this straight

just a player like you guys trying to enjoy the game, why so salty coon? because Im a legit threat to your guilds wealth? personal happiness? Oh because the shard is in a state to continuously ban ban ban ban people from this game/community OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK LOL

Anyone can see how clearly defensive you are at the whisper of your dads name coming back to make the poor rich again and take it from people like yourselves :)

*whispers*
thooooooooooooveeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnn

say what you want, most of everyone who has ever played the game with me has become smarter, better, and ACTUALLY... ACTUALLY enjoyed playing this old game :) soooooo continue preaching falseness into the world as well as living a lie old man

here to stay

FACTS

Bobby123

Grandmaster
FACTS:

lets get this straight

just a player like you guys trying to enjoy the game, why so salty coon? because Im a legit threat to your guilds wealth? personal happiness? Oh because the shard is in a state to continuously ban ban ban ban people from this game/community OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK LOL

Anyone can see how clearly defensive you are at the whisper of your dads name coming back to make the poor rich again and take it from people like yourselves :)

*whispers*

say what you want, most of everyone who has ever played the game with me has become smarter, better, and ACTUALLY... ACTUALLY enjoyed playing this old game :) soooooo continue preaching falseness into the world as well as living a lie old man

here to stay

FACTS

The delusion is REAL !!!

Lord and Savior

Apprentice
FACTS:

lets get this straight

*whispers*

here to stay

FACTS
Reading this legitimately kickstarted a headache.

Zizmuffin

Adept
While I'm sure it's not the norm, you can get super, super lucky with MotM. I looted 2 bloody talons relics in one day doing motm to make a quick 11 mil or whatever. Of course, the chances of that happening are probably astronomical, but it's certainly possible.

I do subscribe to your crystal theory, though. That's my preferred method.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster

FACTS:

lets get this straight

*whispers*

here to stay

FACTS

This is not the PVP sub-forum... wtf is wrong with you ? Take your trashcan shit talk to the PVP sub-forum... troll.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
mibs and tmaps are by far best money making methods

I like Mibs and Tmaps for newer players, you can make a provoker mage, relatively cheap, and solo up to level 5 tmaps, using a daemon to tank/distract, while you provoke, you can net 80k-100k an hour on tmaps, and if you are lucky get some portal frags to sell at 150-200k each occasionally. The startup cost is lowly, there is relatively little competition, you just need to set the right macros for sorting, ID'n, and then run to the bank to sell all the junk to NPC's to really cash in.

Level 1 maps, you don't even need cartography or lock-picking for, and with the right setup, can do 1 every 2 min, for about 3k in profit, so about 90k per hour. So you could do it on any type of char you make, just need to be willing to buy some maps at 500-800 per, so you have enough to keep going, as you need 30 an hour.

The problem I see with most money making plans in this game, are you are told to farm this mob, or do this activity, when in reality most players doing this and making a ton of cash, have already put millions into talismans and/or setup. Those guys know what they are doing, and don't really need a guide, it's the new guy, the little guy that needs the help. Tmaps are consistent gains, where as dropping crystals in for a chance at relics, require some luck to be involved - however if you do it over the course of a month, eventually you are going to get lucky.

The End

Master
Tmaps are brutal for a new player tho. I can't count the times I've had to assist or teach a new tmapper I bumped into while doing my own tgat there's a better way than wandering around trying to match the location to the map. New players have no clue when it comes to tmaps u less somone teaches them the better ways to do them.