ANYONE else tired of gluttony saying anyone can do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Suggestion:

Have all monsters and the champ itself prioritize reds over blues/grays, and grays over blues; for.... karma reasons.

Players still get to jump the fight, but there's some measure of challange in doing so because the monsters will shift from attacking pets/blues to attacking them.

This, however, brings up another issue that's cropped up recently; relying on defense relic in PvP to ignore monsters.

Option 2:

Have the area become walled off once champ spawns. The only way into, or out of the area is gates. Reds will need to use foresight to hide a scout in the area to gate in allies and just can't rush in at the last second to claim the rewards.

snuggy

Expert
Suggestion:

Have all monsters and the champ itself prioritize reds over blues/grays, and grays over blues; for.... karma reasons.

Players still get to jump the fight, but there's some measure of challange in doing so because the monsters will shift from attacking pets/blues to attacking them.

This, however, brings up another issue that's cropped up recently; relying on defense relic in PvP to ignore monsters.

Option 2:

Have the area become walled off once champ spawns. The only way into, or out of the area is gates. Reds will need to use foresight to hide a scout in the area to gate in allies and just can't rush in at the last second to claim the rewards.

The only reason you think it has cropped up is because a few people posted about it.

Do you honestly even know how many people have a maxed def tali with relics?

Option 1; raiding guilds pull spawn into blues half the time, so making them attack reds more often does nothing.

Option 2: this doesn't even do anything? so they have to enter two gates instead of one? neat.

I am still convinced you play another server and accidentally post on these forums thinking it is for said server, you literally add nothing productive, just pontificate based off nothing but your own assumptions. that is why 90% of your posts go without a reply and you have to say something 10 times to bait someone into one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I remember a time when 247 was the largest guild on the server. When people began bitching, Shane disbanded the guild and banned all the members. Seems things are worse now, and this is coming from someone in EQMS. People are jumping ship to another server and now the admits decide to do something about the bitching. Wonder why he won't disband EQMS like he did 247.. Hmm.. Instead he caters to the trammies.. Interesting dilemma..

Cause 247 charged back almost 3 grand in donations and were totally against the entire server.
I also only banned 3 members out of over a hundred.

Apples to oranges there.

With that said, it makes me wonder if people would hate EQMS as much as they do if they never ever said one word in game or on forums. Like no forum banter, trolling etc.
It makes me wonder if its so much them killing people as it is them talking like idiots after a kill or on the forums, or feeding people who are trolling them that makes things turn into such a mass hate.

And we are doing something now because people are being more brutally honest than ever instead of naturally complaining with zero input on how they think it should go, or how any inkling of a change they have in mind.

Anyone can bring up and ***** about problems in general with life itself,
Coming up with a constructive suggestions/solution is a whole new ball game.

As for the other server, we absolutely ARE NOT worried about that.
It's healthy, if you have been in our discord we just had a long chat about it.

Competition is great, and we are flattered they are trying to replicate in every single way.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Or stop catering to keep people from leaving the shard. Christ, this is such a shit show

Honestly i've had this issue brought up ALOT to me in the last year, most likely people didn't feel heard but we had other priorities at the time.
It's not out of the blue with this, and people who decide to try out other servers aren't gone for good. In fact, history tells us they come back realizing that the grass is not greener on the other side and even seem to have some more respect for what we do here.

This is nothing but a small bump in the road we will get over, it's already getting better and competition is good for us and you guys.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
If I remember the context correctly, 247 charged back after their guild was disbanded by an administrator. No server should interfere in that way with the player base.

Being an EQMS member, I feel people's pain. It seems that special treatment is being given to a guild x3 larger than the guild you disbanded over the same bitching.

Just throwing it out there. People who are sick of EQMS and our raiding can go to another server, no need to cater to them.

To be frank, doesn't sound like your anybody except some troll trying to promote another server.

Although I do agree with not catering and changing any rules part, but you can gtfo of here with your promoting other server bs, also would appreciate if you fgts would stop ddosing UOF, let people play your little server and let us play ours.. kthxbye.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
To be frank, doesn't sound like your anybody except some troll trying to promote another server.

Although I do agree with not catering and changing any rules part, but you can gtfo of here with your promoting other server bs, also would appreciate if you fgts would stop ddosing UOF, let people play your little server and let us play ours.. kthxbye.

Yeah he hasn't been active at all since just this post.

Totally a troll. He's gone.
Only in game accounts were throw-aways.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
All these reds terrified at an unspecified change can only mean that they have it as good as they possibly can and therefore any change would be for the worse for them. It's a sign that a change is needed.

snuggy

Expert
Honestly i've had this issue brought up ALOT to me in the last year, most likely people didn't feel heard but we had other priorities at the time.
It's not out of the blue with this, and people who decide to try out other servers aren't gone for good. In fact, history tells us they come back realizing that the grass is not greener on the other side and even seem to have some more respect for what we do here.

This is nothing but a small bump in the road we will get over, it's already getting better and competition is good for us and you guys.

If no one could hunt any monsters because of 900 reds constantly, I would understand. But they are complaining about end-game items. you can go to a champion spawn. get some points. score a relic. sell it for 8million and buy almost ANYTHING in the game......why should that go to everyone just because they killed monsters for an hour? entitlement. that is all this boils down to.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
Yeah he hasn't been active at all since just this post.

Totally a troll. He's gone.

Appreciated, I advise take snuggy's advice not much has to be changed in the ruleset way to turn this into some PVE Tram server it is Felucca and PVP and that is why I play here but SOMETHING needs to be done about a force that can overwhelm any one group by atleast 2x.

I couldn't give you a solution and there is definitely a problem, but reverting to Trammel will only push any PvP playerbase away from here completely.. What need's to happen is some of these blue tamers and pvmers need to work together and actually learn to defend and work as a team.

@Shane What I would really like to see and what would bring a tremendous amount of PVP and Twitch coverage is the idea @clutchxo has rolling in the PvP Section, I would love to see you guys make a few different arenas and get that ball rolling with some staff support after the kingdom release, set up pvp shit like that would make this shard EXPLODE pvp wise and you can thank @clutchxo and @ton loc for the ideas and suggestions.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
If no one could hunt any monsters because of 900 reds constantly, I would understand. But they are complaining about end-game items. you can go to a champion spawn. get some points. score a relic. sell it for 8million and buy almost ANYTHING in the game......why should that go to everyone just because they killed monsters for an hour? entitlement. that is all this boils down to.

Snuggy for president, I have actually enjoyed reading every single one of your posts.

I played a few capture the flags with you on my team, you seem to be a great alchy mage going to send you a PM.

snuggy

Expert
kind of double post but;

this is all speculation as no one knows what the exact rules are going to be, but I will argue as if they are in favour of blues getting free/easy loot to bring about more avenues of discussion.

I understand that reds might camp outside dungeon entrances if you don't allow marking inside dungeons..but EQMS or another group of reds can only camp outside 1 dungeon out of the 20 something you can go to now.

I think that the RED players also need to compromise, maybe no recalling into dungeons if you are red (they can still scout with blues, use tracking, spirit speak, etc to see if the guild doing the champion knows about them coming) and plan accordingly. Most raids I have ever done or been raided on, they adapt the split second one of us knows about the other..and thats what makes this damn game. Adapting and conquering your enemy, not giving up and paging about it.

I hope most of the reds on this sever agree that it is very lax for them, and maybe giving blues a little more leeway and giving yourself a bit of a challenge will stop all this madness.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Let's not go out assuming this or that please, please, pleeeeeeeeeease!

This is all talk and suggestions and FOR SURE what @snuggy says is very true and we've already thought of that.

Try to give us more credit guys, we think about ALL play styles and systems when something like this is talked about .
The best thing about Ultima is that one change can effect many other systems. It's what makes it unique, and makes everything work together.

We aren't going to be implementing some ZERO risk system for blues to reap mad rewards, that's insane and would ruin economy.
Some real good suggestions in this thread though, and we will all look it over. It's obviously a problem and clearly people on both sides are passionate about it.

Lithium149

Grandmaster

This is all talk and suggestions and FOR SURE what @snuggy says is very true and we've already thought of that.

Try to give us more credit guys, we think about ALL play styles and systems when something like this is talked about .
The best thing about Ultima is that one change can effect many other systems. It's what makes it unique, and makes everything work together.

We aren't going to be implementing some ZERO risk system for blues to reap mad rewards, that's insane and would ruin economy.
Some real good suggestions in this thread though, and we will all look it over. It's obviously a problem and clearly people on both sides are passionate about it.

Fair enough, we will leave it to you.

Off topic a bit, but please sticky the Discord thread trying to take a look for it and isn't easily available thanks.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Fair enough, we will leave it to you.

Off topic a bit, but please sticky the Discord thread trying to take a look for it and isn't easily available thanks.
36UR1Dn.png

Done

snuggy

Expert

I don't think it is about people thinking you are inept, or that you can't think of these things..it's just that we are concerned something we love is going to disappear, as you said one change can affect everything and a lot of us have seen that dark road servers have gone down.

also, I have seen you guys say a couple times ... "Havent thought of that..." you can't really expect us to know you've already thought of this stuff.

canucks99

Master
Shane found a way to make these reds cry even more!! give someone either then them a slight advantage and bamm there tears start to pour.. they don't even know whats going to happen but they are already complaining@@. Make it the opposite of being a factioner ( factioner you are rewarded, +1 Ps). Make it if there are any reds at the champ, all the reds only get a chance at 1 ps scroll and a relic chance of course (NO chance at the other 3).. this will cause more pvping for reds because only one of them will be getting the scroll. make 1 (chance of 2) p/s go to the bank, and 1 ps (chance of 2) drop normally . thieves will still have a chance at 2 maybe 3 p/s ( the reds +1, the normal drop p/s 1 maybe 2) and whatever relics drops? its hard to explain but just an idea.

reds are selfish this is for the better of the server yet they dont care!! Shane was asking for some ideas, instead he got a bunch of complaining. Being red on uo was always about reds losing some kind of privilege your a murderer for Fu*k sakes! Live with the consequences.

POINT system would be great too

kosmoko

Journeyman
Not sure if this will solve the problem:

How about if reds die in the area where there's Champ Spawn, Arch demon or other bosses, they get perma stat lose, they need to take some risks if they want to take the reward from people who actually work on it.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it is about people thinking you are inept, or that you can't think of these things..it's just that we are concerned something we love is going to disappear, as you said one change can affect everything and a lot of us have seen that dark road servers have gone down.

also, I have seen you guys say a couple times ... "Havent thought of that..." you can't really expect us to know you've already thought of this stuff.

All true, and trust me.... If you guys knew the situations I've personally gone through and sacrificed over the years to keep this server going i can honestly say you wouldn't doubt for a second that i would let this server fall and diminish. I started UOF all alone and with my guidance while working with the amazingly great team we have today we have come a long long ways. I'm very proud of where we are and the team we have right now, i couldn't ask for a better team at all, ever.

If we haven't totally fucked up things by now, it's safe to say we never will.
Even if we do implement something that for some crazy reason does not work out, we can always take it out.
We really don't have the mass amounts of people to test things like they should be unfortunately. So like i said if something doesn't work, we just remove it.

We are here to listen, but at the same time the larger we get the harder it has become to listen as much as we want to each individual person.

steve-o

Grandmaster
With that said, it makes me wonder if people would hate EQMS as much as they do if they never ever said one word in game or on forums. Like no forum banter, trolling etc.
It makes me wonder if its so much them killing people as it is them talking like idiots after a kill or on the forums, or feeding people who are trolling them that makes things turn into such a mass hate.

And we are doing something now because people are being more brutally honest than ever instead of naturally complaining with zero input on how they think it should go, or how any inkling of a change they have in mind.
wow finally seeing it? i hope is not too late

If we haven't totally fucked up things by now, it's safe to say we never will.
Even if we do implement something that for some crazy reason does not work out, we can always take it out.
We really don't have the mass amounts of people to test things like they should be unfortunately. So like i said if something doesn't work, we just remove it.

there is only one problem... the zerg fest style

i hope your new militia system will not be zerg style cause people are already complaining about that.

247 weren't as toxic as eqms

Status
Not open for further replies.