ANYONE else tired of gluttony saying anyone can do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuggy

Expert
All true, and trust me.... If you guys knew the situations I've personally gone through and sacrificed over the years to keep this server going i can honestly say you wouldn't doubt for a second that i would let this server fall and diminish. I started UOF all alone and with my guidance while working with the amazingly great team we have today we have come a long long ways. I'm very proud of where we are and the team we have right now, i couldn't ask for a better team at all, ever.

If we haven't totally fucked up things by now, it's safe to say we never will.
Even if we do implement something that for some crazy reason does not work out, we can always take it out.
We really don't have the mass amounts of people to test things like they should be unfortunately. So like i said if something doesn't work, we just remove it.

We are here to listen, but at the same time the larger we get the harder it has become to listen as much as we want to each individual person.

It isn't so much about not letting it fall and diminish as it is straying away from what makes it Ultima Online to keep the population growing...

will it come down to mechanics VS growth and we sacrifice more felucca rules to accommodate the influx of people who don't understand a felucca rule set server or actually even enjoy risk VS reward gameplay?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
wow finally seeing it? i hope is not too late
there is only one problem... the zerg fest style

i hope your new militia system will not be zerg style cause people are already complaining about that.

247 weren't as toxic as eqms

It's always hilarious to see $ cry about zergs... up until barracoon caused your guild to breakup, you guys ran a massive crew and used it to zerg people everyday during EU time. Its a shame you guys fell apart, because on weekends when our timezones matched up, we had fights like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWDyVmVIxXo

steve-o

Grandmaster
It's always hilarious to see $ cry about zergs... up until barracoon caused your guild to breakup, you guys ran a massive crew and used it to zerg people everyday during EU time. Its a shame you guys fell apart, because on weekends when our timezones matched up, we had fights like this:
not coon fault LAWL

he was in vacation when everything happened :)

coon was what kept us together for so long haha

ps: eqms killed the server pvp... you have to accept it :)

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
wow finally seeing it? i hope is not too late

Us temporarily having 30-40 players (yes, that's it) going else where is far from this kind of talk.

We've conquered wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy larger hurdles then this. Again have more faith in us sir!

steve-o

Grandmaster
Us temporarily having 30-40 players (yes, that's it) going else where is far from this kind of talk.

We've conquered wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy larger hurdles then this. Again have more faith in us sir!
i don't care about that new shithole copycat

the problem was here before that new shithole

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
i don't care about that new shithole copycat

the problem was here before that new shithole
Agreed and we are learning about certain things here for sure.
It's all good in the end for us, and will be nothing but great for the players here as well.

We've been silent lately accross the board for certain reasons, and we apologized and still apologize for it, but we did it for real good reasons.
We are good now and are open to new changes.

Bobby123

Grandmaster

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWDyVmVIxXo

Hello @GluttonySDS ??? This isnt the pvp forum . This is the thread where we provide constructive comments to create a better UOF for all players.

Many of the problems were caused by your guild ( DodgeQMS of course ) so i suggest you better ZIP IT !

Last but not least , just for everyones amusement i think players should read this( i guess gluttsds must be deliberately avoiding this thread)
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/this...hty-guild-lawlllllllllllll.82961/#post-633242 . Just happened yesterday !

This just shows SOMETIMES with even with 5 players , you can wipe out 10-15 DodgeQMS players at times . Players just need to have the faith and will in them to make things happen !

thank you and have a nice day !

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @GluttonySDS ??? This isnt the pvp forum . This is the thread where we provide constructive comments to create a better UOF for all players.

Many of the problems were caused by your guild ( DodgeQMS of course ) so i suggest you better ZIP IT !

Last but not least , just for everyones amusement i think players should read this( i guess gluttsds must be deliberately avoiding this thread)
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/this...hty-guild-lawlllllllllllll.82961/#post-633242 . Just happened yesterday !

This just shows SOMETIMES with even with 5 players , you can wipe out 10-15 DodgeQMS players at times . Players just need to have the faith and will in them to make things happen !

thank you and have a nice day !

You literally just posted troll BS and gave no insight or creative thought to the entire post at all, while bashing someone for just the same thing...

Why must you guys do this haha.

lollo

Grandmaster
You literally just posted troll BS and gave no insight or creative thought to the entire post at all, while bashing someone for just the same thing...

@Bobby123 is a very special kid, he wanted some attention on his new thread which had only replies/likes from his own guildmembers

Bobby123

Grandmaster

Guess you didnt read this post ...........

First and foremost , changing the powerscroll or relic into bank directly is a big NO NO . Many players that i know play UO for the full loot pvp ( taking away rivals precious pixels etc is a major reason ) . Powerscroll + Relic is considered end game content and it should remain as it is .

Now back to blues complaining about gettting zerg in the last minute , i understand where you are coming from but i feel this should be a more player driven solution which means you need to :

- mark safe spots for champs spawns
- send a scout before champ dies
- get a group to fight together

But i have to also agree DodgeQMS is causing major problems .

Also let me summarise :

-We cant blame glutts for being good at propaganda and marketing his guild . Hes good at getting new players to join his guild and we cant fault him for that . Nevertheless , this has caused a huge imbalance which smaller and more pvm oriented guilds have no chance competing against DodgeQMS .

- We also cant blame new players that joined the server to join DodgeQMS . New players that just joined the server dont want to be grief 24/7 . Also more established guilds have stricter recruitment policy so newer players have no choice but to join DodgeQMS if they want to enjoy champs / RDAs etc . This is a vicious cycle spiralling downwards .

With a limited UO population overall , its unlikely there can be 2-3 DodgeQMS type of guilds on the server . We should focus on solving the bigger underlying problem which DodgeQMS has caused . A good start will be looking at guilds structure ( e.g cost much more to have/upkeep a bigger guild etc) . Things like not allowing recalling directly into champ spawns does not get to the root of the problem .

Thats just my 2 cents .

@Shane @eppy [USER=7482]@JoeB @halygon @Swayze[/USER]

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Guess you didnt read this post ...........

First and foremost , changing the powerscroll or relic into bank directly is a big NO NO . Many players that i know play UO for the full loot pvp ( taking away rivals precious pixels etc is a major reason ) . Powerscroll + Relic is considered end game content and it should remain as it is .

Now back to blues complaining about gettting zerg in the last minute , i understand where you are coming from but i feel this should be a more player driven solution which means you need to :

- mark safe spots for champs spawns
- send a scout before champ dies
- get a group to fight together

But i have to also agree DodgeQMS is causing major problems .

Also let me summarise :

-We cant blame glutts for being good at propaganda and marketing his guild . Hes good at getting new players to join his guild and we cant fault him for that . Nevertheless , this has caused a huge imbalance which smaller and more pvm oriented guilds have no chance competing against DodgeQMS .

- We also cant blame new players that joined the server to join DodgeQMS . New players that just joined the server dont want to be grief 24/7 . Also more established guilds have stricter recruitment policy so newer players have no choice but to join DodgeQMS if they want to enjoy champs / RDAs etc . This is a vicious cycle spiralling downwards .

With a limited UO population overall , its unlikely there can be 2-3 DodgeQMS type of guilds on the server . We should focus on solving the bigger underlying problem which DodgeQMS has caused . A good start will be looking at guilds structure ( e.g cost much more to have/upkeep a bigger guild etc) . Things like not allowing recalling directly into champ spawns does not get to the root of the problem .

Thats just my 2 cents .

@Shane @eppy [USER=7482]@JoeB @halygon @Swayze[/USER]
So much better, thank you!

Darkarna

Grandmaster
The unfortunate thing is, one part of the issue will be fixed regarding Champion spawns, yet there still remains a secondary issue which is much harder to repair. This problem will not go away regardless how Champion spawns are changed, the complaints will still flow, the abuse will still be thrown all over the place and ultimately people will still move on. This exact same thing was mentioned a few years ago except, it was a lot more tolerable back then, the issue is and always has been the lack of proper punishment towards PK's. You can jump up and down as much as you want regarding that statement, but it was true then as it is now, except now it is a vastly larger problem.

I propose that parties of four or more PKS in party will be hit with perma-statloss if they die, this could still allow larger zergs but with a much greater risk towards reds. This would then allow solo reds to do their thing relatively unchanged and punish the bigger zergs if they die. Also, no cut zones, if you die in a no cut-zone more than twice in a given time period, your head can be cut off and handed in *applies to parties only, as above*

You might completely disagree with this, it does go against some guilds on here who run reds, but the issue like stated before, is not just about champ spawns but the rampant red situation especially in zerg guilds.

EDIT : And not forgetting the complete toxicity of some attitudes on here. It really doesn't need it, we are supposed to be adults, not a bunch of 15 year olds who blush at the sight of a naked person. *Okay there is a youngster amongst us, but you know what I mean*

lollo

Grandmaster
I agree reds should need some harsher punishments, right now it's a joke, i only have 4 and i have never more than 2 in stat at any given time

TheGooch

Master
@Shane

I think you should remove the safety nets for being red. Implement stat loss, remove the no cut and go old school on that ass. There should be some type of prestige/notoriety for being red. Doing that will weed out those that kill to be bad motherfuckers and those that do it just to shit on other folks cause it's their preferred playstyle. And yes, I'm being serious. With kingdoms coming, the pvp will be there for those that truly want to pvp on both a large and small scale. Trying to cater to both sides won't work anymore. You already have ppl leaving cause they state it's no fun to do champs, rdas, ad, etc., and have reds come roll in at the end just take it. No risk for red players other than a 2 day timeout if they die trying to raid it. All that will happen is that those players will continue to cycle thru their other 10-15 red chars. Putting in a point system for those working the spawns/champ won't work unless you're gonna drop the rewards in the bank(bad idea). Which you'll have to do cause everyone will more than likely know who the main scorers are and gank them accordingly.

Who contributes more to uof? Your blue playerbase or red? I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to that. Don't let the work you've done for the past 3 years get flushed cause certain ppl say you're affecting their playstyle. Fuck em. I've been to the other forums and saw a lot familiar names there. Quite a few them are those same players crying about playstyles and whatnot. The same players that shit on other ppls fun just to do it. You and your playerbase will be good without those types of players and playstyle, seriously.

As harsh as statloss can be, it wouldn't be the end for reds. Back in the day on chessy, there was guild(J-D)that did it with statloss. Lots of pvpers from different guilds had pk chars in that guild cause they were known as the pk guild of the shard. Damn nearly everyone on that roster had statloss. Was fun times then.

It's a change that should at least be considered.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
@Shane

Havent given this alot of thought, just a few suggestions from the top of my head ..

---- >Ban reds from all towns, (except buccs) Have guards be able to call on them on sight.
----> Allow to cut up faction red body's to stat faction reds , by non faction players.

And for doing champspawns.

---- > Be able to summon a fast spell casting mob (something like chaos wisps or spirits from Khaldun) at the cost of champ-points.
Those mobs, will only attack red players, and all players doing a champ may summon them at the cost of champ-points.

Lets say, the champ is near its end, i feel reds may come and mess it up and i have 55k score, i d-click my faction score gump and choose to summon 5 of those chaos-wisps at the cost of 5k each, that would leave my score then at 30k..
If other players in the group doing the same u have a pretty nasty army :)

side effect will be, other guilds wont choose to give up there score like that and have highest score at the end..

again, havent given this much thought, and a bit in a hurry rl atm, but i hope it makes a bit of sense..

lollo

Grandmaster
I don't agree at all in removing the no cut outside brit.

What bad does it cause? It's not an area where people farm and get killed by reds lol

it's an area where 99% of the pvp in CONSENSUAL blue vs red pvp and it's a lot of fun for blues and reds alike. I mean shit there are blues that spend hours there just waiting for some reds to create action for them.
Also it creates action around brit which makes the shard feel even more populated than it is.

TheGooch

Master
I don't agree at all in removing the no cut outside brit.

What bad does it cause? It's not an area where people farm and get killed by reds lol

it's an area where 99% of the pvp in CONSENSUAL blue vs red pvp and it's a lot of fun for blues and reds alike. I mean shit there are blues that spend hours there just waiting for some reds to create action for them.
Also it creates action around brit which makes the shard feel even more populated than it is.
I see what you're saying. I may be wrong but I think @Shane created it as an area that reds could go to without incurring temp statloss. I suggested that it be removed and the old statloss system be put in. Alot of folks will disagree with what I said but it is what it is. Some type of change is gonna have to be put in, that's for sure.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
It seems though that there seems to be a general agreement that something needs to be done about increasing the risk regarding reds.

The no-cut zone does bring about PVP, reminds me of Delucia pond, the issue and only issue is if there is a general risk increase for reds many would hang around there and not leave. Early days though, surely something will be worked out.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
@Shane

Havent given this alot of thought, just a few suggestions from the top of my head ..

---- >Ban reds from all towns, (except buccs) Have guards be able to call on them on sight.
----> Allow to cut up faction red body's to stat faction reds , by non faction players.

And for doing champspawns.

---- > Be able to summon a fast spell casting mob (something like chaos wisps or spirits from Khaldun) at the cost of champ-points.
Those mobs, will only attack red players, and all players doing a champ may summon them at the cost of champ-points.

Lets say, the champ is near its end, i feel reds may come and mess it up and i have 55k score, i d-click my faction score gump and choose to summon 5 of those chaos-wisps at the cost of 5k each, that would leave my score then at 30k..
If other players in the group doing the same u have a pretty nasty army :)

side effect will be, other guilds wont choose to give up there score like that and have highest score at the end..

again, havent given this much thought, and a bit in a hurry rl atm, but i hope it makes a bit of sense..

T2A all over again; love it.

Side-point: if the summon you're talking about is treated like most other mobs, the defense tali will still reign supreme in the PvP/PvE setting.

lollo

Grandmaster
I see what you're saying. I may be wrong but I think @Shane created it as an area that reds could go to without incurring temp statloss. I suggested that it be removed and the old statloss system be put in. Alot of folks will disagree with what I said but it is what it is. Some type of change is gonna have to be put in, that's for sure.

I agree that something needs to be reworked but i don't think the brit no cut is even remotely part of the problem. As i said all the pvp that happens there is consensual and it's good for both blues (brit bridge blues) and reds.

I suggest removing the 48h limit on statloss. Make it 30min per count with no limit, this way if you rack up too many you can get weeks of statloss

Status
Not open for further replies.