ANYONE else tired of gluttony saying anyone can do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGooch

Master
So because others have ego and refuse to group up like we do, there should be mechanic changes that nerf people? The dumbest part of this discussion so far though has been people calling for harsher penalties because they are worried people are quitting for that other shard(which isnt really happening) -- the dumb part is that other shard has legit no stat loss or penalties at all for PKs. Increasing stat loss isnt going to do anything except make people play their reds with even more caution(i.e. more people).

As for incentivizing people to try PVP -- you're telling me if werkt/TBA/$/TRIN-SB alliance could get lots of gold, relics, rare pixels, wearables etc from participating in militias(notice I said participating, not dominating) that they wouldnt do it?
I've always been a proponent for statloss. I feel it weeds out those that play reds as flavor of the month or thinking it's cool to do so from those that know they are bad ass mofos. Earlier I mentioned J-D. Just like them, even with statloss, I'm pretty sure eqms would still be out there pking. Hell, on uoforever, they had to change aoe because of how you did shit. I'm sure it has happened in other games as well with regards to mechanics, your core group has been together for what, 10+ years or so? I wouldn't look at as bad thing man, take that shit as badge of honor. Same with this.

drasked

Grandmaster
Wrong buddy !

$ guild is one of the only guild able to defeat DodgeQMS consistently in RDAs / CHamps / Arch daemons etc with just 4-6 members etc but we cant possibly play 24 hrs a day .

But the only problem is DodgeQMS has so many members that they can basically fill up 2 whole party throughout the day so the problem exists

I don't think beating the EQMS daytime crew out of some PVE content is relevant to the point I'm trying to make. I know that you guys got your own game on lockdown and i commend you for that. But do you think you will shit on EQMS in the same way in Kingdoms? I highly doubt it.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
I don't think beating the EQMS daytime crew out of some PVE content is relevant to the point I'm trying to make. I know that you guys got your own game on lockdown and i commend you for that. But do you think you will shit on EQMS in the same way in Kingdoms? I highly doubt it.

Just have to remember $ ALWAYS WINS !

steve-o

Grandmaster
at the rda yesterday they had atleast 16 different char inside.... who can fight that many? and it was during our timezone... so i cant immagine at usa night time.

let them have fun holding eb and beatin their chest saying they are the best and won

girana

Grandmaster
As for incentivizing people to try PVP -- you're telling me if werkt/TBA/$/TRIN-SB alliance could get lots of gold, relics, rare pixels, wearables etc from participating in militias(notice I said participating, not dominating) that they wouldnt do it?

why i should ally with ppl i dont like ?

if i am forced to be in the same kingdom as ony of them i just gone teamkill more than killing other kingdoms.

ton loc

Master
So because others have ego and refuse to group up like we do, there should be mechanic changes that nerf people? The dumbest part of this discussion so far though has been people calling for harsher penalties because they are worried people are quitting for that other shard(which isnt really happening) -- the dumb part is that other shard has legit no stat loss or penalties at all for PKs. Increasing stat loss isnt going to do anything except make people play their reds with even more caution(i.e. more people).

Like always, you're missing the point. No one else cares to pvp like you and your guild do.. If you can't realize this by now, then you must have done something along the way to fry a couple much-needed brain cells, my man. You are pretty dense.

@Tard the Paladin lol. Relevant? What exactly makes a player "relevant" in a 20 year old game? Zerging the server and calling it winning? Rofl.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Such hypocrisy...

So this cry thread which claims that less than a party full of EQMS is both too much for the shard to handle while at the same time being irrelevant. LOL. Salty much?

Sethisto

Neophyte
Last night was very informative.

We raided the double champ spawn with 7-8 reds. That was a single party of reds that completely stopped a server wide event. Every single blue on the server refused to fight 7-8 reds. That is a sad fact.

Shane mentions that something needs to be done. I've said it many times in forums because I've played with the pixel horder guilds, blues will NOT pvp until there are incentives to do so.

I don't know what the solution to the "RED ZERG of one party of reds". Umm, how about the blues that outnumber us 10 to 1 fight back?

Any solution that seeks to solve the problem of a single party of reds can stop the entire blue population will probably reek of Trammel or WoW type mechanics.

Getting the blues to PvP and act like this is UO won't happen until PvP is truly incentivized. Granted that is a sad state of affairs.

Back in the oldschool days as a blue you probably could actually fight back. These days, everyone is min/maxed to death for PVP. It's a different game and different community due to the age of MMORPGs. No one was tossing explosion pots with crazy scripts and vanquishing weapons back then. Vanqs were 200-500k gold and usually just decoration due to how rare they were and how long it took to level the skills required to farm them, and explosion pots were a nightmare to get right. No one in PVE is specced to combat that.

If you want 30 PVE specced scattered blues to take out a team of coordinated 6 reds its just never going to happen. Just being in skype with the 6 man pvp group is a massive advantage there. I saw tamers and PVErs falling over left and right yesterday almost instantly. There was no stopping that. There isn't going to be some pve leader that gets everyone at an open double champ spawn event to fight back against geared-to-the-teeth PVPers.

I'm not complaining as a thief with a ton of new unlooted slayer weapons thanks to yesterday, just making a point. If you want PVE tamers and warriors to PVP you'd need to figure out a way to actually make it possible for them to even fight back. Right now it's just way more economical to have both PVP and PVE characters, and not bother with the latter option while playing the former.

girana

Grandmaster
Back in the oldschool days as a blue you probably could actually fight back. These days, everyone is min/maxed to death for PVP. It's a different game and different community due to the age of MMORPGs. No one was tossing explosion pots with crazy scripts and vanquishing weapons back then. Vanqs were 200-500k gold and usually just decoration due to how rare they were and how long it took to level the skills required to farm them, and explosion pots were a nightmare to get right. No one in PVE is specced to combat that.

vanqs 200-500k ? nope

ya explo pots are here really ******** 25dmg all 4 secs for running a 7line script w/o any risk is crazy unbalanced.
explo pots are the biggest hurdle for most ppl to start pvping.

1. explo pots should do dmg to friends and blues
2. explo pots should not gain bonus dmg via alchy
3. explo pots should not be allowed while using 2h weap.

or

explo pots should always hit so its fair for everyone who dont want to run scripts.

Fattson

Grandmaster
@Tard the Paladin lol. Relevant? What exactly makes a player "relevant" in a 20 year old game? Zerging the server and calling it winning? Rofl.

Actually, yes. They honestly believe it doesn't matter how they win, as long as they win. To them, running 10+ deep, setting targets offscreen, and ebolt railing against 3 and 4 man units makes them better at pvp than everyone else. They justify this playstyle with "It's how we have fun."

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
vanqs 200-500k ? nope

ya explo pots are here really ******** 25dmg all 4 secs for running a 7line script w/o any risk is crazy unbalanced.

or

explo pots should always hit so its fair for everyone who dont want to run scripts.

Perhaps that's a good point but alchy does come at a cost for any build. Mages become more of a glass cannon build because they won't have healing. Healing on the run helps if you're outnumbered. On a dexer there are several other skill slots that are useful as well.

Sethisto

Neophyte
vanqs 200-500k ? nope

or

I didn't play on Siege, but on Pacific all the way up to the factions days, vanqs were incredibly expensive. Almost no one used them, and if someone did, everyone would immediately see dollar signs and wreck them. My main PVP char was a disarm thief back then for faciton sigil stealing, and the only things I ever ran into were exquisite weapons.

The main reason was taming/provo/lockpick/cartography took MONTHS to raise and were really the only viable way to farm vanqs/invuln. And even then, not a lot of tamers were chain-killing balrons. Dragons were the best pet, and balrons absolutely shredded them. You couldn't bond a pet and rez it, so no one bothered with vet, and training a pet up just wasn't worth it due to everyone's shitty 56k connections getting them killed constantly.

Here on UOF, I grinded a cartographer/provo in 3 days of afk macroing and can spend an afternoon farming 20 vanqs with tmaps and khaldun boxes. The power level of PVPers here with that kind of gear + explosion potions is just untouchable by a PVE specced character.

I have no idea how you'd fix that without ruining an otherwise awesome server, but expecting PVE chars to fight PVP chars is a pipe dream without huge incentive to spec pve characters uoforever to survive, but even then, they won't be able to stop a fully specced pvp char outside of a badass tamer.

lollo

Grandmaster
vanqs 200-500k ? nope

or

....or you know, you could learn to throw pots instead of spamming paralyze and all kill and Let your pets do the work?
Seriously the way $ pvps is even worse than the EQMS ebolt rail, why Are you even talking?

exince

Grandmaster
It appears no one can stop us then eh? Everyone would rather die and cry then group up and try.... very sad, very very sad indeed.

EQMS wins again:

George-Bush-Mission-accomplished.jpg
I will tell u this once again... i doubt you ll understand it, but i ll try...

Yes! Thats exactly the case. People aren t in big groups because... they simply don t like it... people don t pvp because they simply don t like it..

What u re suggesting is that people should surrender to your playstyle.. this won t happen..this is not reallife, where ppl are forced to adapt and go on.. people aren t bound to uo... people aren t bound to uof... when they stop having fun by having a playstyle they don t like, they ll move on.. other games... other servers... what u see now exactly...

Of course u re free to play or not play however u like.. just like anyone else... enjoy it... as long as it lasts

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Darkarna

Grandmaster

You are really beginning to resemble a :

log-1024x684.jpg

How many times must you be reminded that, not everyone wants to PVP, if they did, they would be doing it already..

Garillo

Master
I was under the impression the loot from champ spawns was incentive for PvP. It's end-game content.

Don't like to PvP? Pay a guild to PvP for you or farm and buy the items from the people willing to PvP.

Angry you can't do champ spawns because you don't like PvP? Too bad. Go play Animal Crossing.

Status
Not open for further replies.