ANYONE else tired of gluttony saying anyone can do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
most using the cheating version

but yes even for the offical uof sallos is a euo like tool that let you script anything.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything here, but do you actually have UOF Sallos installed?

If so, you should know the macro menu is so limited I doubt you could ever script a proper alchy pot if you are using the same client I am..

drasked

Grandmaster
Shane.........here is my thoughts on things that need to change.

1. get rid of no cut zones completely. (been saying this for awhile. no cut = red trammel). being a red is supposed to be hard but they have it too easy here. make it so anyone can cut a reds head and stat loss them. boo hoo if they get statted and cant play that char for a couple days, they have other chars to choose from. lets see who has the stones to play a red then.

2. only allow reds to use Buc's bank and Occllo bank. those 2 towns can be ffa zones. also make it so reds cant enter towns. on osi reds used to get guard whacked just by crossing the guard zone.

3. get rid of target closest on sallos,steam and razor. make people pull bars like in the old days and see who has skill for pvp.

4. get rid of 'sticky' bars on sallos or add it to steam and razor (not sure if thats possible).

5. get rid of the paragons at champ spawns. alot of the problem i see with blues defending spawns from reds is usually the last level is tons of paragons being spawned and the blue tamers are having to deal with those and cant defend against reds. i like being raided at champ spawns but if you are busy with 'X' amount of paragons then you have no chance to set up a defense. the spawn on the last level of a spawn are hard as it is, without having to deal with them being paragons.

6. get a little harsher with punishments for people being caught cheating, exploiting, etc. lets face it, even when people are caught it really doesnt matter because the punishment is minimal and they just come back on more accounts. if people are using more than 3 accounts then they need to be dealt with harshly.

7. figure out something to do with people hoarding house plots.

thats all i have for now. if i think of more ill let you know

1.) Why do no-cut zones matter? There is nothing significant in no-cut zones.

2.) Why does this matter, reds can not aggro first in town and they can't bank or buy. Doing this will just complicate people fighting on red faction char.

3.) This will ruin solo pking.

4.) Not sure what this is? You can have bars pulled on all clients, only advantage that sallos has is you can have more bars pulled at a time.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster

2.) Why does this matter, reds can not aggro first in town and they can't bank or buy. Doing this will just complicate people fighting on red faction char.

4.) Not sure what this is? You can have bars pulled on all clients, only advantage that sallos has is you can have more bars pulled at a time.

Those are all correct. #4 is a sallos feature that is one of the best features of Sallos that should be in Steam. It allows you to set last target on targets that aren't on screen as long as you have their bar. If that were taken out then Steam would probably be a better client for PvP because you can cycle through targets blindingly fast by using your mouse wheel.

Lithium149

Grandmaster

I think what he means by "Sticky" bar is when you completely off screen you still have the enemies bar and can use "set last target". but to be fair, UO Steam(Auto Pouch/Auto Cure/Auto Heal/Alchy Script etc..) has some much more intense features that I would say could be automated even worse then Sallos, the only thing that is so nice about Sallos is the smooth movement and the ease of being able to see what is happening on the field.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I think what he means by "Sticky" bar is when you completely off screen you still have the enemies bar and can use "set last target". but to be fair, UO Steam(Auto Pouch/Auto Cure/Auto Heal/Alchy Script etc..) has some much more intense features that I would say could be automated even worse then Sallos, the only thing that is so nice about Sallos is the smooth movement and the ease of being able to see what is happening on the field.

Sallos has smooth movement and sticky bars. Steam has faster run speed and allows cycling through targets with your mouse wheels. I've always dreamed of the day when a new client supports all of the best features of each.

drasked

Grandmaster
Can't you do the exact same thing on UOSteam? Pull bars and set last target if someone is not on screen. (never pvp with steam before)

steve-o

Grandmaster
Like I've said, my main point is that PvP is going to have be seriously incentivized if there's any hope of blues participating. The Kingdoms Expansion has some awesome mechanics. If those mechanics don't provide pixels then it won't change anything.
there is no incentive to make people pvp, absolutely impossible to force them to pvp

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
there is no incentive to make people pvp, absolutely impossible to force them to pvp

What do you mean?

No one can be forced to PvP that's why I stated that it should be substantially incentivized. The Kingdoms Expansion has some cool siege warfare mechanics being implemented. It would be a shame to see it go unused. If blues are going to join in the PvP then the only way to make it happen is with incentives.

Here's a shoddy example. Imagine if Factions had a daily scoreboard that ranked scores based on number of unique kills and the quality of those kills (based on Punkte scores). If that scoreboard worked like a champ scoreboard and dropped relics, rares, and power scrolls then there would be a sudden interest in PvP.

Mordoc

Master
no by 'sticky' bar i mean when the person dies on your screen on steam and razor the bar is dropped. with sallos it remains on your screen until you log off or drop it yourself. thats why people complain about people using sallos and setting targets offscreen. also with sallos you can have unlimited number of bars on your screen. with steam and razor its limited

Mordoc

Master

1. with no cut zones it means if you kill a red you cant cut his head to statloss him......basically red trammel

2. its old school from when being red actually mattered and they couldnt come in town.

3. plenty of solo pk's can kill without targeting.....it will bring back skill to pvp

4. read other post......sorry didnt think to just reply to that with this post until too late.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
1. with no cut zones it means if you kill a red you cant cut his head to statloss him......basically red trammel

2. its old school from when being red actually mattered and they couldnt come in town.

3. plenty of solo pk's can kill without targeting.....it will bring back skill to pvp

4. read other post......sorry didnt think to just reply to that with this post until too late.

1. Just won't happen, Red Trammel aka No Cut is fine cause really there is no reason to go out there unless its faction PvP/Consenual PvP.

2. Like stated previously, red's don't bank or stay in town for long only for faction purposes.

3. Youll never be able to pull someones bar and disrupt their recall macro with out targetting macros.

4. Explosion potions are fine, most people who are actually good at them would never script them so they don't blow up in your face whenever someone off screens or LOS while your casting.

Long story short, I would agree on your red Trammel with a few points since I have a few reds and faction PVP from time to time.

Reds should be able to be cut ANYWHERE, this includes Booty Island, any no mount zone, any Champ Spawn, Dungeon, Towns or any place with the only EXCEPTION of the Brit No-Cut even if its faction combat.

drasked

Grandmaster

1.) To my knowledge there are no no-cut zones that matter. Reds die in no-cut because they fully known they wont be statted, otherwise there would be no fight to begin with in most cases.

2.) Really don't understand the practical implication of restricting reds from towns other than making fighting on a red faction char annoying.

3.) Nobody on this planet is able to pull my bar and set me as last target before i press recall key, it is already very hard for most PK to do it with current mechanics. I don't see how pulling bars suddenly introduces skill in to the equation. It's hard enough as it is to solo kill someone with half a brain.

4.) There is absolutely no reason to pvp using steam/razor other than abusing many of the automation that is not possible on sallos or if you enjoy watching a seizure simulator. In that aspect i think it is somewhat balanced. Being able to set someone that is not on screen as last target should be removed from all clients, together with that bullshit that drops a spell instantly as soon as someone is in range.

steve-o

Grandmaster
What do you mean?

No one can be forced to PvP that's why I stated that it should be substantially incentivized. The Kingdoms Expansion has some cool siege warfare mechanics being implemented. It would be a shame to see it go unused. If blues are going to join in the PvP then the only way to make it happen is with incentives.

Here's a shoddy example. Imagine if Factions had a daily scoreboard that ranked scores based on number of unique kills and the quality of those kills (based on Punkte scores). If that scoreboard worked like a champ scoreboard and dropped relics, rares, and power scrolls then there would be a sudden interest in PvP.
u will never ever see tba-tse-tc-... pvp whatever u implement

all kingdom expansion will just be zerg fuck fest

you are so full of shit that you can't even see it

drasked

Grandmaster
u will never ever see tba-tse-tc-... pvp whatever u implement

all kingdom expansion will just be zerg fuck fest

you are so full of shit that you can't even see it

Even tho i have high hopes for the kingdoms expansion i do feel that zerging will be able to dominate. People that want pixels from this mechanic will just join the winning side, further escalating the problem. I hope I'm totally wrong on this.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
@drasked not 100 percent, but I am guessing you are eqms?? Either way, I am glad you realize there is a zerg issue. I will also add part of the problem is ego, and that most don't want to die and want to add to their pixel collection. And they will take any means necessary to protect their e- ego and pixels. Which In turn creates this dilemma of people either joining eqms or getting exasperated and leaving. Please correct me anywhere I may be wrong.

Honestly attempting to diagnose some of the root issues. As I do respect what UOF has been able to do.

drasked

Grandmaster
@drasked not 100 percent, but I am guessing you are eqms?? Either way, I am glad you realize there is a zerg issue. I will also add part of the problem is ego, and that most don't want to die and want to add to their pixel collection. And they will take any means necessary to protect their e- ego and pixels. Which In turn creates this dilemma of people either joining eqms or getting exasperated and leaving. Please correct me anywhere I may be wrong.

Honestly attempting to diagnose some of the root issues. As I do respect what UOF has been able to do.

I'm not affiliated with any guilds at this time and have never been with EQMS.

I have fought in the EBFS wars so i know about EQMS full zerg and how tenacious they are. But in some way i respect them for that level of organization and giving pretty much the lowest of noobs the chance to fight in the field vs some of the best players and win, something nobody else does.

From a solo perspective EQMS is just the normal zerg, they call in loads, are bad, stat solo players (effectively removing me from pvp for 2 days)

Pretty much every other group does this but some have the decency not to stat a solo PK who resses 100% of his kills. For example Trin is just as bad from my perspective as EQMS, maybe even worse because EQMS usually comes on faction char so they can't always stat me.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Ok, thanks for the correction. I also agree with you that the organization is commendable. But to be cliche and go full nerd. With great power comes great responsibility. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.