An Update on What We Have Been Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexington

Grandmaster
please stop it now, you have no clue when it comes to mage combat.. sorry that I have to tell you this.

and lol @Babethoven whom I haven't seen on a red in weeks.

It's ok and I'm sorry you feel this way... but there is more to UO than just an alchy/ stun. Sad thing is most of you have been playing that template way too long to be willing to change.

K A Z

Grandmaster
It's ok and I'm sorry you feel this way... but there is more to UO than just an alchy/ stun. Sad thing is most of you have been playing that template way too long to be willing to change.

most Mages on UOF aren't Alchy/stun mages. Explopots are nerfed as fuck to begin with. There's a nice balance of Alchy/stuns, Scribemages, healmages and even tankmages out there. Just because you're not participating in PVP (and are still waiting for Noxmages to become some sort of a super-mage) doesn't mean that people don't use these templates.

Lexington

Grandmaster
most Mages on UOF aren't Alchy/stun mages. Explopots are nerfed as fuck to begin with. There's a nice balance of Alchy/stuns, Scribemages, healmages and even tankmages out there. Just because you're not participating in PVP (and are still waiting for Noxmages to become some sort of a super-mage) doesn't mean that people don't use these templates.

I have more than just a nox mages... :) and my PVP is coming to a theater near you... soon :)

You should do a pole and find out what templates most mage PVP players are using. Anyways my statement was for the offence mage there is only one true offence template right now.... surely you can't deny that??

Bromista

Grandmaster
What KAZ fails to realize is that since so many other templates do not operate they way the were intended, explo pots are still OP as fuck without having any attrition - that would solve a lot of the BS surrounding alchy chars being able to gun people down until the end of fucking time.

But anyway, he's not capable of having an intelligent discussion with anyone who disagrees with him so this is a lost cause.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I have more than just a nox mages... :) and my PVP is coming to a theater near you... soon :)

You should do a pole and find out what templates most mage PVP players are using. Anyways my statement was for the offence mage there is only one true offence template right now.... surely you can't deny that??

So fucking what? This game is not designed around 1v1 combat. Healmages are ways better inside a Dungeon than an Alchystun. Scribemages are better in groups. Tankmages are good in the fields and if played properly can also cause some serious damage on the field. It's a TRADE-OFF. Adding the extra DMG for scribe (which is an AOS thang) would basically lead to everyone run Scribemages for everything. They'd be super-high-dmg tanks.

I'd also like to hear from @Bromista what exact Template is not working as intended. Really looking forward to that.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Scribes do not operate the way they were intended.

Noxes do not operate the way they were intended.

KK I'm out got better shit to do.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Scribes do not operate the way they were intended.

Noxes do not operate the way they were intended.

KK I'm out got better shit to do.

Scribes work fine you noobert. The +DMG thingy is something that came with AOS and would be super OP in UOR. I mean, not as if you'd know. Noxmages are also working as intended. Not my fucking fault that everybodies carrying pots nowadays. They can actually be quite useful when they run with a group. Again: how would you know.

Lexington

Grandmaster
So fucking what? This game is not designed around 1v1 combat. Healmages are ways better inside a Dungeon than an Alchystun. Scribemages are better in groups. Tankmages are good in the fields and if played properly can also cause some serious damage on the field. It's a TRADE-OFF. Adding the extra DMG for scribe (which is an AOS thang) would basically lead to everyone run Scribemages for everything. They'd be super-high-dmg tanks.

I'd also like to hear from @Bromista what exact Template is not working as intended. Really looking forward to that.

You're way to sensitive when it come to exploring other mage templates.... so my statement is true. "Some of you have been playing that template way to long to be willing to change"... and they sure as hell don't want anyone with a different play style to be able to compete??

K A Z

Grandmaster
You're way to sensitive when it come to exploring other mage templates.... so my statement is true. "Some of you have been playing that template way to long to be willing to change"... and they sure as hell don't want anyone with a different play style to be able to compete??

I got all kinds of Mages, not only Alchymages. Try again.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oooook one more post while I'm line for pizza.

@K A Z if I'm so bad, if I'm such a trammy, then why are my only PK mages (currently) both alchy mages? Because it's OP and newbs like me need that crutch to be able to kill people effectively.

Kaz...you are known for being an alchy, right? We have only fought each other on alchy mages a few times but gues what? We are about equal. Does that make you feel weird?

Again though, not worth trying to discuss with someone who can't come down off their high horse. Holier than thou bullshit is all I see coming from you.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Oooook one more post while I'm line for pizza.

@K A Z if I'm so bad, if I'm such a trammy, then why are my only PK mages (currently) both alchy mages? Because it's OP and newbs like me need that crutch to be able to kill people effectively.

Kaz...you are known for being an alchy, right? We have only fought each other on alchy mages a few times but gues what? We are about equal. Does that make you feel weird?

Again though, not worth trying to discuss with someone who can't come down off their high horse. Holier than thou bullshit is all I see coming from you.

comes around pretending that we "fight alot". Doesn't tell anyone his char names (besides his super bad dexxer tailoris, which everybody knows). If you want we can fight some in the pits or in the field. I'm really curious about your l337 skillz.

And again: Only a newbie would say that Alchymages are OP on UOF. In about 80% of my PVP time I'd rather be on a Scribemage due to huge zergs. For the few 1v1 I get: sure. Alchy is the way to go. But again: it's pointless to argue with people who solely play tamers.

Bathcat

Neophyte
Consider the fact that people make reds for one reason only (and the best part of Ultima Online): PVP

One skilled tamer can take on 3 people at once. I've seen this countless times.
One weak tamer will get killed... OMG TOUGH TITTIES you have to rez and come back prepared next time...too much work?

If tamers get killed, all they have to do is rez...You can't lose pets in a dungeon and if they want to spend the rest of their time whining about losing 6k gold and a handful of unidentified magic weapons, that's their choice in life.

You aren't helping shitty players get with the program by making them OP vs PvPers.
PVPer tamers are already OP...and now this??? Perma Statloss makes them untouchable in dungeons....free to farm without any risk.

Its obvious that perma statloss doesn't help PVP, ..............purpose?
To make shitty blues (donation players) feel more comfortable.

The problem we have here is a moral one. And it is expressed mathematically here:

Donating Players > PvPers = $

You can't blame the staff for planning this change. It just sucks because its a sellout move.

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
Consider the fact that people make reds for one reason only (and the best part of Ultima Online): PVP

One skilled tamer can take on 3 people at once. I've seen this countless times.
One weak tamer will get killed... OMG TOUGH TITTIES you have to rez and come back prepared next time...too much work?

If tamers get killed, all they have to do is rez...You can't lose pets in a dungeon and if they want to spend the rest of their time whining about losing 6k gold and a handful of unidentified magic weapons, that's their choice in life.

You aren't helping shitty players get with the program by making them OP vs PvPers.
PVPer tamers are already OP...and now this??? Perma Statloss makes them untouchable in dungeons....free to farm without any risk.

Its obvious that perma statloss doesn't help PVP, ..............purpose?
To make shitty blues (donation players) feel more comfortable.

The problem we have here is a moral one. And it is expressed mathematically here:

Donating Players > PvPers = $

You can't blame the staff for planning this change. It just sucks because its a sellout move.

they main focus with this change actually lays on removing statloss OUTSIDE OF DUNGEONS, where PVP SHOULD HAPPEN. Trammys have to be (and I hate myself for writing this) protected. No matter if me or you or any other PVPer likes this.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
please stop it now, you have no clue when it comes to mage combat.. sorry that I have to tell you this.

and lol @Babethoven whom I haven't seen on a red in weeks.

your right, when all you do is win, win, winwin win, win win win win win win win win win and then win and THEN even win some more, its just like i felt like i beat the game already X10, looking forward to the great updates, but i just can't help but make myself go farm anymore on ANY char, actually work a champ... ( lol ) log on reds, fight 3-1 outnumbered insta stat.... who cares about dieing.... dat fuckin restock tho.........ffs

Bromista

Grandmaster
Kaz, you are one strange motherfucker and your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

Also, wtf dexxer tailor? I have an LJ with magery and a nox alchy fencer, neither of which I actually even use.

I love it when people think I don't play other chars because they only know my tamers, that's the way I like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.