An Update on What We Have Been Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff

Young Player Help
Consider the fact that people make reds for one reason only (and the best part of Ultima Online): PVP

One skilled tamer can take on 3 people at once. I've seen this countless times.
One weak tamer will get killed... OMG TOUGH TITTIES you have to rez and come back prepared next time...too much work?

If tamers get killed, all they have to do is rez...You can't lose pets in a dungeon and if they want to spend the rest of their time whining about losing 6k gold and a handful of unidentified magic weapons, that's their choice in life.

You aren't helping shitty players get with the program by making them OP vs PvPers.
PVPer tamers are already OP...and now this??? Perma Statloss makes them untouchable in dungeons....free to farm without any risk.

Its obvious that perma statloss doesn't help PVP, ..............purpose?
To make shitty blues (donation players) feel more comfortable.

The problem we have here is a moral one. And it is expressed mathematically here:

Donating Players > PvPers = $

You can't blame the staff for planning this change. It just sucks because its a sellout move.

This wasn't the plan at all.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Kaz, you are one strange motherfucker and your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

Also, wtf dexxer tailor? I have an LJ with magery and a nox alchy fencer, neither of which I actually even use.

I love it when people think I don't play other chars because they only know my tamers, that's the way I like it :)

it's not my reading comprehension skills but your never-ending attempts to be something more than some guy doing slave labor in a factory.

and the fact that youre keeping your chars secret proves 1 thing:

you're bad.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Personally I like the idea. More incentive to fight over world for reds...looks good for bucs den..more incentive for blues to fight back in dungeons.. And a seemingly minor penalty for dying in a dungeon as a red. However take my opinion with a grain of salt...I don't have a red ;)

I do agree however that champ spawns should be treated the same as overworld Pvp.

Excited to see the dungeon Pvm and dungeon boss changes!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shane

Consider the fact that people make reds for one reason only (and the best part of Ultima Online): PVP

One skilled tamer can take on 3 people at once. I've seen this countless times.
One weak tamer will get killed... OMG TOUGH TITTIES you have to rez and come back prepared next time...too much work?

If tamers get killed, all they have to do is rez...You can't lose pets in a dungeon and if they want to spend the rest of their time whining about losing 6k gold and a handful of unidentified magic weapons, that's their choice in life.

You aren't helping shitty players get with the program by making them OP vs PvPers.
PVPer tamers are already OP...and now this??? Perma Statloss makes them untouchable in dungeons....free to farm without any risk.

Its obvious that perma statloss doesn't help PVP, ..............purpose?
To make shitty blues (donation players) feel more comfortable.

The problem we have here is a moral one. And it is expressed mathematically here:

Donating Players > PvPers = $

You can't blame the staff for planning this change. It just sucks because its a sellout move.

Wow.

PKING IS NOT PVPING.
Pking some random blue isn't fighting someone else that wants to fight you back, you might get the odd one, but it's more of a rarity i think.

When you implement a statloss into the game it forces PKERS to be more involved within the server and community instead of logging in, pking and logging off.

If they have to have gold on them at all times to buy their head back instantly it forces them to constantly obtain gold meaning they will have to be in dungeons on their blues if they don't gain enough gold from pking. It also might force them to sell their high end weapons they collect to gain gold return for when they die, forcing them to be part of the trade community and not hoarding tons of items instead.

Theres way more aspects than anything but donating players here honestly. The entire idea behind this is to force player killers to be somehow part of the game a bit more than just logging in, killing, lolling, and logging out day after day. In reality they aren't contributing to anything else, the trade, the economy, the community, anything. Either they cough up 30k or take statloss and regain their skills for half the cost, but more time (reagents etc). The whole idea is just basically about making all sides being part of the economy in some way or another, not so much as punishment.

IF in statloss you would have a boost in skill gain as well.

In the end though, we are talking about Player killing, not player vs player. Perma statloss will help PvP in outer lands.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Wow.

PKING IS NOT PVPING.
Pking some random blue isn't fighting someone else that wants to fight you back, you might get the odd one, but it's more of a rarity i think.

When you implement a statloss into the game it forces PKERS to be more involved within the server and community instead of logging in, pking and logging off.

If they have to have gold on them at all times to buy their head back instantly it forces them to constantly obtain gold meaning they will have to be in dungeons on their blues if they don't gain enough gold from pking. It also might force them to sell their high end weapons they collect to gain gold return for when they die, forcing them to be part of the trade community and not hoarding tons of items instead.

Theres way more aspects than anything but donating players here honestly. The entire idea behind this is to force player killers to be somehow part of the game a bit more than just logging in, killing, lolling, and logging out day after day. In reality they aren't contributing to anything else, the trade, the economy, the community, anything. Either they cough up 30k or take statloss and regain their skills for half the cost, but more time (reagents etc). The whole idea is just basically about making all sides being part of the economy in some way or another, not so much as punishment.

In the end though, we are talking about Player killing, not player vs player. Perma statloss will help PvP in outer lands.

all of this would be true...

if blues wouldn't rely on reds to create PVP. Atleast outside of Dungeons that is. I don't see why we can't have the current system with simply no statloss outside Dungeons (besides mines and graveyards and other newbie places like Yew Liches). Factions are a lost cause.. People like blue vs red (for whatever reason).

Lexington

Grandmaster
they main focus with this change actually lays on removing statloss OUTSIDE OF DUNGEONS, where PVP SHOULD HAPPEN. Trammys have to be (and I hate myself for writing this) protected. No matter if me or you or any other PVPer likes this.

I believe the statloss rules should be the same no matter where you are.... Excluding bucs den and wind possible. Removing stat loss for over land will just create the next generation EQMS Brit bridge fighters. Maybe that's not a bad thing? With the tradition short and long term system it is the PKs choice to place them selves in a statloss situation so the rules should be consistent.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I believe the statloss rules should be the same no matter where you are.... Excluding bucs den and wind possible. Removing stat loss for over land will just create the next generation EQMS Brit bridge fighters. Maybe that's not a bad thing? With the tradition short and long term system it is the PKs choice to place them selves in a statloss situation so the rules should be consistent.

ehr, how would this be different with the proposed changes? Statloss outside of Dungeons is going away (as it seems), anyways. And rightfully so. Most PVP you get nowadays IS blue vs. red. And it DOES take place at West Brit Bridge or IDOCs, or any high-traffic area. It's not because reds are mindless murder machines but because blues are too afraid to join Factions or even O/C.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Wow.

PKING IS NOT PVPING.

If a red dies in a dungeon can you attend macro off the short term counts before you rez to avoid permanent statloss?

Bromista

Grandmaster

@K A Z at least you can celebrate the first time you have been right about anything in your forum post history, scribe offensive damage is not UO:R accurate. But that still isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of the discussion, so small victory for you.

As ignorant as you come across, I'm sure even you can understand that people like me have a big ass target over their head. Anonymity is nice every now and again.

Oooooook back to the discussion. Stepping out. Officially. For realsies this time.

Oh after I give a hearty LOLs at the thought that PvPers MUST BE THE ONLY PEOPLE CONSIDERED, EVER. Staff has said themselves PvPers make up the smallest piece of the pie here and most of them I know don't even donate.

Donators make the world go round. And even though it's not true, let's say for arguments sake that they are the only ones being catered to with the proposed changes. Is that really so bad? That the only people who financially contribute to the server get to have more pull regarding suggestions/changes?

That's not at all the case, but is the idea really so ridiculous?

Lexington

Grandmaster
ehr, how would this be different with the proposed changes? Statloss outside of Dungeons is going away (as it seems), anyways. And rightfully so. Most PVP you get nowadays IS blue vs. red. And it DOES take place at West Brit Bridge or IDOCs, or any high-traffic area. It's not because reds are mindless murder machines but because blues are too afraid to join Factions or even O/C.

I need clarification on my reply to Shane... because if you can't macro off counts to avoid perma statloss I take back what I said.

Never mind Adam replied.

sam sam

Master
im not really sure why you guys are trying to incentive dungeon pvp so much ???/

i promise no one ENJOYS pvping in dungeons, its just the incentives you set up....

who wants to be pvping and then get blocked while running by a monster spawn??
who wants to have a random flamestrike involved by monsters while pvping?? even when you win the loser can just blame interference....
who wants to pvp in an area you can not run in because of all the choke-points and gay shit?

Lexington

Grandmaster
im not really sure why you guys are trying to incentive dungeon pvp so much ???/

i promise no one ENJOYS pvping in dungeons, its just the incentives you set up....

who wants to be pvping and then get blocked while running by a monster spawn??
who wants to have a random flamestrike involved by monsters while pvping?? even when you win the loser can just blame interference....
who wants to pvp in an area you can not run in because of all the choke-points and gay shit?

With this idea its %100 the opposite.

Potts

Neophyte
Ewww at adding in ghoul's touch and other additonal magic weapon modifiers. No point to this other than adding more annoyances to faction pvp.

Spikeszzz

Adept
People keep saying it is going to ruin pvp but I don't see how. The idea is to increase pvp. You can pk as much as you want in the overworld without any issue. If you die in a dungeon, you can pay to avoid statloss. This sounds like a huge buff to me. if you are not willing to drop 30k to avoid a death when you can probably make that much killing a few noobs in a dungeon, you probably deserve perma statloss.

adam im poor, im a pk stealth archer, im very strong with other stealth, but very very weak 1v1.... dont want to macro archery again pls or stealth those takes a lot of time, so please please make it 10k is lot of money 10k i never killed someone with more than 5k because they banked

but i like all and i would like to throw fireballs or lightingn with my bow....
29753f4ff582d717367f49c4b8ac6435.jpg

but buff more bows than others weps because they are used like 10% of the time compared to melee

Last edited by a moderator:

Cino

Master
if you are weak 1v1 then you should'nt be going into dungeons alone, and if you are very strong with a group like you say you are, go raiding dungeons in a group - i don't see what the problem is

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Lots of confusion in here. As Shane said, PKing is NOT PVPing. I play a red for both. I have reds built for both. I will have a red on standby so that when I am hunting and find someone in my spot I'll come in and wack them. I do this for PROFIT. It's what UO is about, playing how I want to play. Sure, sometimes I get rolled because a gank squad comes in or I linger around too long. That's the chance I take.
Dungeons are NOT supposed to be safe. You should always have your finger hovering over your escape macro. It's what quickens the pulse as you go for that paragon chest. Why are we forgetting what UO is about? Yes there will be assholes, yes there will be great riches and epic battles. That's the UO i love. Don't steal that. Don't reduce it to what's convenient.
I spend so much time playing this game. Probably more than I should :/ It's because I can log into a game where there's so much to do. I can PK, I can hunt, I can PVP, craft, explore, etc etc etc.
When making such dramatic changes as perma stat loss, catering towards blues in dungeons, and whatever else...please consider the milieu of what makes UO so amazing.
I often play a PK. Though when I PK people I take their stuff, give them a rez, and often give them recall regs. I want them to know danger lies within these dark corridors where riches are to be found. Dark, evil, malicious things. How can you punish that which lives within these halls when it should be an inherent risk for any foolish to chance such dangerous places?

Lots of confusion in here. As Shane said, PKing is NOT PVPing. I play a red for both. I have reds built for both. I will have a red on standby so that when I am hunting and find someone in my spot I'll come in and wack them. I do this for PROFIT. It's what UO is about, playing how I want to play. Sure, sometimes I get rolled because a gank squad comes in or I linger around too long. That's the chance I take.
Dungeons are NOT supposed to be safe. You should always have your finger hovering over your escape macro. It's what quickens the pulse as you go for that paragon chest. Why are we forgetting what UO is about? Yes there will be assholes, yes there will be great riches and epic battles. That's the UO i love. Don't steal that. Don't reduce it to what's convenient.
I spend so much time playing this game. Probably more than I should :/ It's because I can log into a game where there's so much to do. I can PK, I can hunt, I can PVP, craft, explore, etc etc etc.
When making such dramatic changes as perma stat loss, catering towards blues in dungeons, and whatever else...please consider the milieu of what makes UO so amazing.
I often play a PK. Though when I PK people I take their stuff, give them a rez, and often give them recall regs. I want them to know danger lies within these dark corridors where riches are to be found. Dark, evil, malicious things. How can you punish that which lives within these halls when it should be an inherent risk for any foolish to chance such dangerous places?
I play an anti-pk (although Ive been enjoying my t-hunter a bit too much the last couple weeks.) My guild gets the occasional call to help a noob in shame or despise getting greifed by a couple reds. The majority of the time, I am hunting the brit bridge, graveyards, ect. I find reds there all the time. This is were I get the best PvP (besides the house hiders at brit bridge.) I see no reason in punishing these reds. They seem to be in it for consentual PvP. The noob reds running through dungeons in 5 man zergs are what is killing this shard for PvMers. I only do t-maps or khaldun for PvM anymore because the risk is too high in normal dungeons. These are the reds who need to be punished. They are driving away new players for the sake of a few Lulz. For the reds who cannot understand this, you are NOT PvPers, you are geifers. You prey on the weak instead of looking for a challenge. I for one love the new system stat system. Hopefully I can catch more reds in the overworld now instead of diving dungeons.

PS. No wands or special faction weapons please. Blessed weapons for factions are enough.

Sketeg

Master
i think the faction magic weapons are a brilliant idea, dexxers feel reallllly underwhelming to play, especially 1v1

Status
Not open for further replies.