An Update on What We Have Been Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff

Young Player Help
I agree 100%. But I think most reds just cycle, like you said. I have noticed more and more people buying back their heads though. Six months ago it felt like every time I went to offer a bounty the player was already offline. Now it's about 50/50

I think though that a lot of people will opt for longer stat loss with no effort (being logged out) over having to retrain skills, even if it's faster. With 3 accounts of 7 (?) characters.... You can cycle through a lot of reds before you're out of the fight for any substantial period of time, if you've built enough murderers (which most dedicated reds have)

Temp statloss will now require you to macro it off in-game.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
YES! This gives me a great reason to fight back in a dungeon against a red instead of recalling right away. Before, I was prepared for any red to just come back with another if he died, but this will hinder that. Great work!

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
Yes I am in POWER. But I am rarely pked by anyone... There is not a pk problem. The issue is that a lot of the shard is too care bear. A tamer can instant kill any pk pretty easily and make him have perma statloss....

This will just make dungeons trammel, or you will just see POWER roll 5 deep hacking into people which is worse. You won't escape.

Some of the best battles I have are in dungeons me vs 3... Not going to bother now...

Don't make perma statloss.... It's stupid. Champ spawns are almost trammel as it is which caused powerscrolls to almost nil value... What's going to happen with POWER not bothering? 1k for a 105 or 110 powerscroll?

Leave statloss as is... Trash pks for easily.... What happened for this change? A bunch of trammie meta dragon tamers are crying? Well 50 percent of the meta dragon trainers I kill are afk...

I agree with making effective non statloss zones for 'pvp'. But don't fuck dungeons for this. Might find it makes the problem worse with trashie dexer pks with dp weapons killing youngs and newbs in despise since it easier to macro up.

Go go towards a trammel shard please.

Most ideas seem great tho

wendy whoppers

Grandmaster
YES! This gives me a great reason to fight back in a dungeon against a red instead of recalling right away. Before, I was prepared for any red to just come back with another if he died, but this will hinder that. Great work!

You are so full of shit. Bet you would never attempt to fight anyone with some skill

Bunnky

Grandmaster
You are so full of shit. Bet you would never attempt to fight anyone with some skill
Oh no your coming at me? Why?
*cries*
Why do you care? Lol don't turn this thread into a post bashing us "trammies", deal with the changes or don't? Thanks!

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Perma statloss will drop pvp even further. Or better yet lose morr players?

Who thinks of these ideas? Young players lol?

Perma statloss means u will get zerg throw away pks only. No real pks will bother taking any risks. I fight 3v1 etc now, and if I die they usually stat anyways. 48 hours is shit as it is for real pvp and I have 10 reds, which effectively is 10 deaths and I cant pvp for 2 days. 10 deaths is fuck all if u actually pvp.... but the newbs for this have nfi.

id just quit and go back to uoforever.

Radar Mile

Master
blah blah blah

You know what's "trammy" and "carebear?" Complaining that shit is too tough to deal with and that you'll just give up if suggested changes are implemented. I don't know why, but I honestly expected better from a member of POWER. Being a red is SUPPOSED to be difficult. What's with this mentality of "cater to me or I'll decry your ruleset as too trammelistic!" It's ridiculous.

Spikeszzz

Adept
this is what i think, dont know if it doable cuz im noob:

-leave statloss as it is (because if u change it to macro only being online, a restart or a microcut ruins all)
-maybe allow only 3 pk by user (that will require control)
-encourage blue parties (a place like docks but only for "looking for group")
-create more spawns*

-ban or punish people insulting on forums

* i know theres a lot of spawns, but most noobs dont know them, and is mostly deceit/despise where people farm and pk

another idea for update: npc gaters for gold?? quivers??

Last edited by a moderator:

besttherewas

Grandmaster
You know what's "trammy" and "carebear?" Complaining that shit is too tough to deal with and that you'll just give up if suggested changes are implemented. I don't know why, but I honestly expected better from a member of POWER. Being a red is SUPPOSED to be difficult. What's with this mentality of "cater to me or I'll decry your ruleset as too trammelistic!" It's ridiculous.

Being red is already difficult. You don't know this because you aren't red.

Seriously, I never get pked as it stands cause there are too few reds besides a few POWER. Infact I havent been successfully pked in over 3 weeks, and it's never solo, only shitty large zergs can get me.

If you must put something so stupid in, make a new dungeon that offers less gold on drops with such changes as less risk and leave the others alone.

Thus far the admin have been fairly unsuccessful in promoting pvp. The first time they tried they didnt listen to the top POWER members but rather blue faction gankers that think running the entire map is pvp. Maybe this time listen to them? They've had exceptional ideas involving pvp/pvm that always get thrown back or ignored.

let's not completely lose the pvp scene...

Spikeszzz

Adept
other thing i was thinking is like in a war, being red you should be able to be ressed and go back to fight....

the problem is not the pks, is the blues being weak..... if you encourage blues to go in BIG parties, like with a place like docks but only for people looking for party, and remind them to bank often, i think would be so much better the pvp and the pvm... maybe one day all the statloss thing will be forgotten cuz blues will be as strong as pks

Spikeszzz

Adept
Being red is already difficult. You don't know this because you aren't red.

Seriously, I never get pked as it stands cause there are too few reds besides a few POWER. Infact I havent been successfully pked in over 3 weeks, and it's never solo, only shitty large zergs can get me.

If you must put something so stupid in, make a new dungeon that offers less gold on drops with such changes as less risk and leave the others alone.

Thus far the admin have been fairly unsuccessful in promoting pvp. The first time they tried they didnt listen to the top POWER members but rather blue faction gankers that think running the entire map is pvp. Maybe this time listen to them? They've had exceptional ideas involving pvp/pvm that always get thrown back or ignored.

let's not completely lose the pvp scene...
i agree but if they come here saying S*** F*** NOOB WTF etc... they lose al respect

Luckystrike

Apprentice
UO.F has no Pvp ... its more 2 reds and 1 blue(scout) run at you and gank you to death while blue is heal.

I like the coming changes.

But ... why not make better an red only dungeon/area and close all dungeons for reds?

So,the reds can now finaly bang themself,no blues for help (for the lazy reds).

Luckystrike

Apprentice
Perma statloss is fantastic.

I see almost everywhere pk groups.

a BIG YES.

Recall macro ... i play with an ping 180(Germany) again your Pk 46(Chicago) ... yes even tzhe new server has a better ping,but not realy changes if you be fight 2 monster and at low HP and a *gonk gonk* stupid red is attack you.

Realy,why attack AFK´s at bard table? They NOT count,have NOTHING valuable ... and be 5 min later back in same position... whats your problem reds?

Akillah

Grandmaster
UO.F has no Pvp ... its more 2 reds and 1 blue(scout) run at you and gank you to death while blue is heal.

I like the coming changes.

But ... why not make better an red only dungeon/area and close all dungeons for reds?

So,the reds can now finaly bang themself,no blues for help (for the lazy reds).

lol no reds in dungeons??? wat?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
So no stat loss outside of dungeons doesn't encourage pvp? Since when is dropping pvm chars pvp? If your saying blues need to roll deeper to be "as strong as reds" your argument works the exact same in reverse. Reds should roll deeper if they want to dungeon "pvp".

This IS a buff to pvp. Actual pvp chars can fight actual pvp chars whether red or not without repercussions anywhere in the world that is not intended for pvm.
Pvm will still see pk s but now if you want to just go after those not setup for pvp you actually have some risk.

Risk vs. Rewards. Good change would really like to see how this plays out.

Spikeszzz

Adept
So no stat loss outside of dungeons doesn't encourage pvp? Since when is dropping pvm chars pvp? If your saying bless need to roll deeper to be "as strong as reds" your argument works the exact same in reverse. Reds should roll deeper if they want to dungeon "pvp".

This IS a buff to pvp. Actual pvp chars can fight actual pvp chars whether red or not without repercussions anywhere in the world that is not intended for pvm.
Pvm will still see pk s but now if you want to just go after those not setup for pvp you actually have some risk.

Risk vs. Rewards. Good change would really like to see how this plays out.
i think this encourages pvm, more than
other thing i was thinking is like in a war, being red you should be able to be ressed and go back to fight....

the problem is not the pks, is the blues being weak..... if you encourage blues to go in BIG parties, like with a place like docks but only for people looking for party, and remind them to bank often, i think would be so much better the pvp and the pvm... maybe one day all the statloss thing will be forgotten cuz blues will be as strong as pks
i mean statloss sux :( i wana play my red all day long :( even if i die :( :( :( :( :(

u afraid of pk?? get yrself a party and fight back -.-

i mean statloss takes out realism to the game... being a blue is a decision just as being red -.-

i know often reds are better pvpers... well compensate skills with quantity dunno

and could someone explain what is trammel??

evil phantasm

Apprentice
I like idea but perma stat loss is to much for pkers. Im not even a pk and I don't want this sever go to the way of trammel. I only get killed 1 out of 10 pk attempts. Its called recall when you see a red name. Do longer temp stat loss in dungeons that need macroed off while logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.