What's the point of head buy back?

girana

Grandmaster
It is way to unbalanced. Some people have more than 3 accounts and by pass the god sink 1m chat slot token.

It should be account wide 2 day stat loss on reds, I'm willing to bet people would be a lot more willing to pay if they knew they didn't have unlimited refs to play. 21 reds is a lot for 3 accounts. But 21 accounts are a ton of reds.

@Shane had mentioned this years ago but was swept under rug due to other upgrades/updates.

if you would make account wide stat more ppl would bypass the 3acc limit

It is way to unbalanced. Some people have more than 3 accounts and by pass the god sink 1m chat slot token.

It should be account wide 2 day stat loss on reds, I'm willing to bet people would be a lot more willing to pay if they knew they didn't have unlimited refs to play. 21 reds is a lot for 3 accounts. But 21 accounts are a ton of reds.

@Shane had mentioned this years ago but was swept under rug due to other upgrades/updates.

It's far from unbalanced.

Making tougher changes just means the real pks (i.e the solo guys) get fucked whilst your typical ganker feels almost no difference.

The people whining about reds are the same scrubs who cant play a red or handle a 1v1 vs a below average player.

When i farm i almost see 0 reds. I can go for hours on my pk or blue and see no other reds.

Also placing acc statloss means you won't see the top pks doing as many 1v2-5+s in dungeons cause the risks are too high - 1 crap stun from a target closest cannon with no nuts can mean your entire acc gets wiped for 2 days is stupid. It's bad enough when 1 char gets taken out for 48 hours because as a red you provided pvp to a bored group of blue "pvpers".

I guess alot of you see reds at champs. But if you're getting steamrolled 2-5 v 10-15+ you may want to rethink strategy and really consider if you're ready for end game content.

Some of you should also consider investing in the acquisition of potion kegs, ar and trap pouches before rambling on about "pks everywhere and overpowered on easy street".

Some of the vocal blues here are so bad that my blacksmith could melee you to death with a pick axe, so it's a player problem with a player solution.

Janesworld

Apprentice
if you would make account wide stat more ppl would bypass the 3acc limit

Maybe people such as yourself and fellow ally's would use this method. Would be a lot easier to catch them in the act. It's pathetic how easy it is to make a pk or not pay and switch to another red.

It's way to easy it should be perm stat or account wide 'shame'

The only person/people who benefit from reds and this current mechanic are the same 10-15 users who try to abuse and walk the fine line of cheatingz

The vast majority of us want account wide stat.

@Shane @eppy pllllease help us and make it so being a red comes with any risk other than. 2 day stat, can't recall while having counts, being flagged, although u can hop gates 2 secs after pking and looting them. The time has come for change. Please do so!

I'm sure one group of players will oppose these changes, while the rest of us would LOVE IT

Janesworld

Apprentice
It's far from unbalanced.

Making tougher changes just means the real pks (i.e the solo guys) get fucked whilst your typical ganker feels almost no difference.

The people whining about reds are the same scrubs who cant play a red or handle a 1v1 vs a below average player.

When i farm i almost see 0 reds. I can go for hours on my pk or blue and see no other reds.

Also placing acc statloss means you won't see the top pks doing as many 1v2-5+s in dungeons cause the risks are too high - 1 crap stun from a target closest cannon with no nuts can mean your entire acc gets wiped for 2 days is stupid. It's bad enough when 1 char gets taken out for 48 hours because as a red you provided pvp to a bored group of blue "pvpers".

I guess alot of you see reds at champs. But if you're getting steamrolled 2-5 v 10-15+ you may want to rethink strategy and really consider if you're ready for end game content.

Some of you should also consider investing in the acquisition of potion kegs, ar and trap pouches before rambling on about "pks everywhere and overpowered on easy street".

Some of the vocal blues here are so bad that my blacksmith could melee you to death with a pick axe, so it's a player problem with a player solution.

Sorry to double post but just saw this, from reading your post you must have never pked during the real pking era of risk. You say it would be too high of a risk if it were account wide. And let's face it the majority of pks gank, don't do the outnumbered fights you speak of.

The real pks who have experienced real risk will still pk because they remember perms stat andddd having to be logged in to work off counts.

Like all the elite pvpers/pks say, get good.

Don't die and it won't be an issue.

You guys couldn't handle a real system that was balanced and made being a pk have risk. It's too much risk for you just talking about it.

And you say we want easy street, lol

Ps- news flash the majority of people you pk want nothing to do with being ganked by a red or group of reds having zero real risk. But ur providing pvp for players who don't want it, how would the server ever go on. Lol

Real pks are going to pk regardless of the risks involved the only people who won't are the vocal mechanic abusing easy street "pks"

Last edited:
Sorry to double post but just saw this, from reading your post you must have never pked during the real pking era of risk. You say it would be too high of a risk if it were account wide. And let's face it the majority of pks gank, don't do the outnumbered fights you speak of.

The real pks who have experienced real risk will still pk because they remember perms stat andddd having to be logged in to work off counts.

Like all the elite pvpers/pks say, get good.

Don't die and it won't be an issue.

You guys couldn't handle a real system that was balanced and made being a pk have risk. It's too much risk for you just talking about it.

And you say we want easy street, lol

Ps- news flash the majority of people you pk want nothing to do with being ganked by a red or group of reds having zero real risk. But ur providing pvp for players who don't want it, how would the server ever go on. Lol

Real pks are going to pk regardless of the risks involved the only people who won't are the vocal mechanic abusing easy street "pks"

Oh dear.

Carebear having a tantrum?

In modern UO everybody dies.

This isnt 1998 where there was no stun, no skype co-ordinated gank squads with runes marked everywhere, no instant target macros enabling a monkey to hit spells and most players running 400 to 500 skill points in bone ar off mount.

The game has evolved tremendously and as such everybody dies. Thus the whole argument of perma stat back in the day is completely irrelevant to the current game.

It is apparent you are cattle that wants to graze in the finest pastures with 0 risk.

My advice is learn the game before running your mouth on mechanics to suit your playstyle that barely scratches this sand box game.

When im pvming on my tamer i welcome a solo pk. Sure, the weaker/epeen affected ones roll in packs, but if i die i lose nothing or i recall off. Pet statloss is irrelevant and i don't get taken out of the game for 2 days or lose a 30k weapon.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Maybe perma death for every char. PK dies...gone. Tamer dies...gone. Smith opens a trapped box and dies...gone. Bring back the excitement !!

*e-pukes*

But I also don't think auto buybacks should be a feature. To stat or not stat should depend on the victor. Should depend on whether the pk is a griefer or whether they aren't. Some of my fav times in the game was getting pk'd by some real characters and the interactions with them after.

jkg8787

Master
Imagine wanting sweeping changes to compensate for your hurt feelings over dying to a PK in a 20 year old video game.

Imagine losing 5-10k worth of items and being legitimately mad about it instead of just rezzing and restocking and heading back out.

Imagine getting dunked on -- most likely because you dont even carry proper equipment -- and thinking its the fault of unbalanced game mechanisms.

the ABSOLUTE state of blues in 2017

Streets

Grandmaster

This is a swing to the opposite extreme. I dont want either extreme, but there has to be a balance point. Permanent death for reds is not an option nor is trammel. Yeah it sucks to be pk'ed and it's gonna happen but it shouldn't be an hourly event.

I think one of the most fair ways is the red has to be online for his stat loss to wear off. This is not extreme, it also punishes the character not the account. It makes a murder weigh options if a head buy back is truly a value to him/her. And slows down the Rez and go back on a killing spree issue.

This also makes the player decide what holds more value, loving on a too in stat loss for his penance or just jumping on another toon. Either choice the red pays for his crime, and yes I am aware that a player can just macro off while sleeping and that's fine because the "least" is like current game play. Maybe make it time does not count in a house or safe zone.

To balance this out then the developers can adjust if 48 hours is too long it can be shortened as this method would have safety hooks in place for balancing issues.

Again this is to try to be balance (not over over kill not under kill) and punish to toon not the account or the player it's self.

Streets

Grandmaster
Fuck all that "you char has to be logged in to lose stat" i cant do that because ny internet crashes every 2 hours

Get better interwebs? It's good enough to murder someone. Play another toon or just by back your head. Still plenty of options.

Last edited:
Get better interwebs? It's good enough to murder someone. Or just by back your head.
Why not just remove the fact that statloss ends after 48 hours and say if a murderer's head is turned in, they must pay 25k to the player who turned it in to get out of statloss?

Because if you make it more complex and risky for reds, you are going to end up with people like @So Bad So Sad running groups of 5 guys in dungeons PKing because they are afraid of getting statted.

Streets

Grandmaster
Why not just remove the fact that statloss ends after 48 hours and say if a murderer's head is turned in, they must pay 25k to the player who turned it in to get out of statloss?

Because if you make it more complex and risky for reds, you are going to end up with people like @So Bad So Sad running groups of 5 guys in dungeons PKing because they are afraid of getting statted.

This is nothing more than propaganda. Reds already roll in parties and at least they will all be concentrated to one location rather than have murders happing in as many simultaneous locations. Then you will have a situation where they are not profiting as much off innocent players and have to share the loot. This will result in effort vs reward and the groups will shrink down. You will be left with a few true murderers that are not murdering for opportunity which is the goal here.

Last edited:
This is nothing more than propaganda. Reds already roll in parties and at least they will all be concentrated to on location rather than have murders happing in as many simultaneous locations. Then you will have a situation where they are not profiting as much off innocent players and have to share the loot. This will result in effort vs reward and the groups will shrink down. You will be left with a few true murderers that are not murdering for opportunity which is the goal here.

Out of curiosity, who are your characters that consistently get molested?

I ask cause if i find out you're like skala or that ofthegods guy, i can most definitely help you and maybe upgrade your skills to say archersnon level, giving you a 15% chance to escape a reasonable solo pk and 10% from a group of girls who pk in packs from fear of death ( @So Bad So Sad ).

girana

Grandmaster

cant blame him thats the only way to play uo he learned