Serious question

CVegas

Grandmaster
Those cry babies you speak of are the only ones raiding your rdas and champs. Without them we mays well just have trammel. They also provide large amounts of pvp for the shard to blue pvpers and Newbs testing pvp.

If you didn't understand what tap said, it's no wonder you support statloss. Just another shit player with nfi.

Your lack of thought process amuses me.

Now or later, it's going to happen. Tighten dem britches, buddy! Try underwater basket-weaving or sex.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Those cry babies you speak of are the only ones raiding your rdas and champs. Without them we mays well just have trammel. They also provide large amounts of pvp for the shard to blue pvpers and Newbs testing pvp.

If you didn't understand what tap said, it's no wonder you support statloss. Just another shit player with nfi.

Your lack of thought process amuses me.

You have been drinking the Kool-aid my friend. power is not the only anything. just the ones with the larges Egos, and most time to write posts about how cool they are. Maybe if you played more instead of spending your time trying to win points with the power tools you would know more about what you are talking about.

Claiming to want fell rules then calling an original Fel system Trammy is Irony at its finest. you seriously should remove that sphincter on your head, pull taps balls out of your mouth and try playing the game. nobody who really wants true PVP is upset about this. only people who cant bash noobs with no risk are upset.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
You have been drinking the Kool-aid my friend. power is not the only anything. just the ones with the larges Egos, and most time to write posts about how cool they are. Maybe if you played more instead of spending your time trying to win points with the power tools you would know more about what you are talking about.

Claiming to want fell rules then calling an original Fel system Trammy is Irony at its finest. you seriously should remove that sphincter on your head, pull taps balls out of your mouth and try playing the game. nobody who really wants true PVP is upset about this. only people who cant bash noobs with no risk are upset.

What is true pvp?

id call it all out chaos, which funnily enough happens at CHAMP SPAWNS. Faction pvp consists of gm runners who will flee from 1 death and not bother risking punkte. When you fight in factions and chase your enemy from brit to yew, it gets tiresome to say the least.

Look at ea UO, pvp revolves around champs and it is fantastic. Unfortunately pvp needs incentives otherwise it's just gm runners not wanting to lose punkte.

0 statloss for champs is needed along with greater rewards (rares, and tons of them with varying chances for dropping from easy to hard) for them. This would create the shard being involved in pvp and even reds teaming up to take on the 30 odd blues.

Sorry, but factions isn't pvp, unless you like marathon running whilst spammin LOL, and only staying on screen if loaded.

God.RG

Grandmaster
Now or later, it's going to happen. Tighten dem britches, buddy! Try underwater basket-weaving or sex.
Nah. If trammel happens, this shard dies

If that's what you want, why are you here supporting changes against people who play here for a reason? Go play your own 5 man trammy shard.

Don Key

Master
I always liked the concept they had on Angel Island Freeshard where there was a jail for murderers that you had to break out of of macro off short counts at 2x speed while in jail.

In practice it didn't work too well because it ended up being easy to get out, but it was fun. But if it were challenging and fun to break out of jail then it could be awesome. Like...

Make a jail system where if you die with >5 short term counts, you go into a jail in t2a land (city of the dead area?) with the zombie ruleset (minus the zombies) where you have to hack and slash your way out to 'break out' of jail and you end up rez'd in bucs with 4 short term counts.

Messremb

Grandmaster
What is true pvp?

id call it all out chaos, which funnily enough happens at CHAMP SPAWNS. Faction pvp consists of gm runners who will flee from 1 death and not bother risking punkte. When you fight in factions and chase your enemy from brit to yew, it gets tiresome to say the least.

Look at ea UO, pvp revolves around champs and it is fantastic. Unfortunately pvp needs incentives otherwise it's just gm runners not wanting to lose punkte.

0 statloss for champs is needed along with greater rewards (rares, and tons of them with varying chances for dropping from easy to hard) for them. This would create the shard being involved in pvp and even reds teaming up to take on the 30 odd blues.

Sorry, but factions isn't pvp, unless you like marathon running whilst spammin LOL, and only staying on screen if loaded.

yup this just shows how bad you are. faction PVP is about organized group PVP. but there are other forms of PVP. take your red and pick a fight at any location where people gather. that what's fun for me.

also PVP should be the reward to PVPing. if you need some pixle crack go do something else. I really wish there was some place you could just go to look for PVP. closest thing we have here is brit bridge.

champs have the highest reward for the least amount of work on the part of the PKs. there should be risk there. and if PKs cant take the blues they need to team up so they have enough people to do it. (and yes I have run champs on my reds)

and as far as running, I cant tell you how many reds I have chased across the map, or blues for that matter. running is a problem everywhere not just in faction.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Nah. If trammel happens, this shard dies

If that's what you want, why are you here supporting changes against people who play here for a reason? Go play your own 5 man trammy shard.
you are a trammy for being against long and short. not the other way around sir. once again long and short is the original Fel murder system. what we have now is more trammy than this system.

God.RG

Grandmaster
you are a trammy for being against long and short. not the other way around sir. once again long and short is the original Fel murder system. what we have now is more trammy than this system.
I never said that. Jesus Christ can you people read?

Besttherewas said something about trammel coming and the dude I quoted said "it's going to happen eventually."

Messremb

Grandmaster
I never said that. Jesus Christ can you people read?

Besttherewas said something about trammel coming and the dude I quoted said "it's going to happen eventually."

my mistake, and yours I think. I believe he was referring to the changes to the murder system, not Trammel... Nobody who plays here should want Trammel.

God.RG

Grandmaster
my mistake, and yours I think. I believe he was referring to the changes to the murder system, not Trammel... Nobody who plays here should want Trammel.
Ah ok. My fault, I see it now.

You would be very surprised. I've seen countless people stating that they would love if they implemented tram

Messremb

Grandmaster
Ah ok. My fault, I see it now.

You would be very surprised. I've seen countless people stating that they would love if they implemented tram
[e puke

there are plenty of tram servers out there. but they cant keep people playing cause there is no risk.

S

Shane

Incoming screenshot post

Obviously i know what i said. The way you make your posts and talk to other players in this discussion is really off putting as well. I hope you learn quickly how to be a little more subtle so people take you a little more seriously.

I also know that adding wands to FACTION ONLY, and being able to use them in faction only, on faction members only, may not be a bad thing. It's something that was suggested that i had previously never thought about. Wands take mana, and have a delay time. IT is something we could definitely try- and also they would only be able to be obtained with silver.

If anything, and if you pvp in factions often and want it to grow- that is one certain way to make it grow.

We are open to other suggestions, but simply slamming it with no alternative to make faction based pvp grow is pointless.
I really don't want them in that badly, but i also know that this game is old, and people have advanced a lot in how they PvP. People don't join factions already because it is viewed as the "elite" way to pvp and battle. So maybe we should give different things a try, because what is going on now isn't working up to our standards of how we would like it.

Maybe we need a better uo training program for noobs, because the only way your gameplay can be that hindered by reds is to not know how to play very well.

You can easily support yourself gold wise with pvm and have minimal contact with reds. You should expect to be harassed in big money areas ala champ spawns..put a little thought into your hunting spot and escape routes.

I say all this because I think red v. Blue pvp is what will ultimately support the server. Faction pvp alone will not keep population up long term. Red v. Blue is for the casual player who can't sit on Skype with a bunch of dorks all day. We need to be able to find action and get back in it quickly after death. Factions is too based around preserving point and being oorganized to the extreme. Hell, I say we even make a safe del pond style area to encourage spontaneous fights.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Obviously i know what i said. The way you make your posts and talk to other players in this discussion is really off putting as well. I hope you learn quickly how to be a little more subtle so people take you a little more seriously.

I also know that adding wands to FACTION ONLY, and being able to use them in faction only, on faction members only, may not be a bad thing. It's something that was suggested that i had previously never thought about. Wands take mana, and have a delay time. IT is something we could definitely try- and also they would only be able to be obtained with silver.

If anything, and if you pvp in factions often and want it to grow- that is one certain way to make it grow.

We are open to other suggestions, but simply slamming it with no alternative to make faction based pvp grow is pointless.
I really don't want them in that badly, but i also know that this game is old, and people have advanced a lot in how they PvP. People don't join factions already because it is viewed as the "elite" way to pvp and battle. So maybe we should give different things a try, because what is going on now isn't working up to our standards of how we would like it.

I think the Long and Short counts will make a huge difference in PVP. like you said factions is for the elite groups right now, not the solo players or people looking to learn to PVP. if you don't have a solid group of friends to PVP with you, wont get much out of factions. as much as I hate myself for saying it, red vs blue is where the PVP is at right now. but with stat loss nobody wants to risk their heads so they go PK noobs instead. with no overland stat, Reds will be more willing to provide PVP outside dungeons. in one move you lessen the amount of PKs, and provide more PVP for those who want to have actual fights not just bash noobs.

I do miss the old days when you could join factions and people would help you learn how to PVP but it doesn't seem like those days are coming back.:(

S

Shane

I think the Long and Short counts will make a huge difference in PVP. like you said factions is for the elite groups right now, not the solo players or people looking to learn to PVP. if you don't have a solid group of friends to PVP with you, wont get much out of factions. as much as I hate myself for saying it, red vs blue is where the PVP is at right now. but with stat loss nobody wants to risk their heads so they go PK noobs instead. with no overland stat, Reds will be more willing to provide PVP outside dungeons. in one move you lessen the amount of PKs, and provide more PVP for those who want to have actual fights not just bash noobs.

I do miss the old days when you could join factions and people would help you learn how to PVP but it doesn't seem like those days are coming back.:(

Yeah i don't know what the heck it is abut factions people just don't enjoy it. We even have o/c and people don't enjoy that either. I think over-all it all needs to be rehauled which is what we plan to make it so fighting for YOUR city gives YOU benefits.

Cino

Master
As someone who just started here a month and a half ago, I joined factions for the sole purpose of killing someone who ran into a faction base, then immediately quit. After playing as a factioner for the 2 days (?) I was in, 90% of all the pvp I experienced was 3+ guys chasing me, sometimes even my same faction would help the guy I was fighting - who were most likely friends.

An established faction player base means either you try to get yourself recruited to an existing guild, and play by their rules on who to attack or don't join at all. It's extremely off putting, especially for a newcomer. The best way I tend to find pvp is stumbling across a red in a dungeon/idocs/ the occasional red group at Brit bridge, which I actually have lots of fun. There just isn't enough non dungeon "pvp" here (which is just guys looking for easy kills), and we need more incentive. I remember in my OSI days each shard had their own "pvp areas". You could always go there and expect something to go down. Sonoma was bucs, Baja had yew gate.. but I feel like that just had to do with crazy amounts of population.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adramelech

Master
Yeah i don't know what the heck it is abut factions people just don't enjoy it. We even have o/c and people don't enjoy that either. I think over-all it all needs to be rehauled which is what we plan to make it so fighting for YOUR city gives YOU benefits.

@Shane That sounds good. Just make absolutely sure that the benefits are only provided for the individual based on their personal contributions to the city. I mostly say that because if it's a communal thing that provides benefits to everyone that chooses that city then people will all flock to one city's banner when it has enough good benefits. I am already planning a Vesper guild in anticipation of what this might bring. Sounds potentially really cool.