Serious question

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah i don't know what the heck it is abut factions people just don't enjoy it. We even have o/c and people don't enjoy that either. I think over-all it all needs to be rehauled which is what we plan to make it so fighting for YOUR city gives YOU benefits.
This is pretty obvious. Ganking. UO has always had ganking and it occurring here is no surprise, but there is almost always small groups or solo action. Here with the current pk statting system , reds typically run in packs.. Which means blues have to run in packs. This creates a natural culture of nothing but ganking. There is not a huge ratio of pvpers to pvmers and this means that those that may not be into pvp but want to try it have a hard time getting started so they don't.

Lower the need for gank groups and empower solo or small groups and you will find more pvpers and then more folks wanting to join factions. Change the culture of ganking to pvping.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
change the culture of magery back to magery from the stunpunch it really is. 4s spear / 2s punch is more realistic than 4s/4s given that magery is a sure thing and dex is a coin toss. The amount of punch trios is amazering now so punch could probably use a nerf-derf.

edit* Maybe put a very small cooldown on pouches as well. I think the result may also be that poisoner mages become more valuable in groups if this happens.

It seems like the feild has been lacking in the template diversity department of late, that's all. Maybe boost up the warhammer min a tad?

God.RG

Grandmaster
@Shane a ton of people enjoy factions, first off.
And how exactly could I be more "subtle" and why..? Because I gave examples of something specific?

Just saying dude, there are many other possible options.

Reds complaining about statloss and calling the shard trammel because of it always makes me lol.

Completely disagree.

For example, this evening at despise champion spawn, i decided to try to take on 3 reds by myself from *BAD* (i think that is their tag or something along those lines), i died with a bad stun - they were scumbags and instant statlossed (lame as), with new rules i would of copped perma statloss. I then come back on another red, encounter 2 trin guard members (a general and a private?), i kill 1, then the other gets redlined eventually, starts running and gets killed by those same *BAD* reds with a finishing ebolt (target closest), not that it would of mattered in 1 or 2 more seconds. I then proceed to fight those reds by myself, and i killed all of them SOLO (lol!). In which case under the new rules they too would of suffered perma statloss.

Now this fight only happened because reds were present, and secondly because i was willing to take a HUGE RISK, knowing that at worst i got 48 hours statloss (which i did). If i had the possibility of facing PERMA STATLOSS from risking my life i would of simply not even bothered, therefore no fights would of been had, and thus no pvp. Now everyone involved in this fight was 7x gm with pure pvp templates, and knew how to play/sync etc... Yet you're telling me under the new rules i'd have received perma statloss..... ridiculous. Even if champ zones were rendered statloss free it wouldnt have mattered since the battles occurred over the entire level of that dungeon. These kind of battles is what separates UO from everything else and makes it kick fucking ass!

Putting in perma statloss will kill such pvp. Even with 48 hours i dont bother taking those risks if i have too many chars in statloss. I had an awesome time upon victory, and im sure the others did (even after licking their wounds from getting owned from 1 player).

Make lv 1 shame, despise etc statloss - i couldn't give a shit tbh, but the end game stuff - LEAVE ALONE.

exince

Grandmaster
Completely disagree.

Maybe we should differ from "PvP" and "PKing". I'm completely out of PvP but i wasn't during OSI UO. And really, there it was a clear difference between "PvP" and "PKing".

While "PvPing" i was looking for challenges, for the fights, for the groupfights. That's something i would do on a blue. Being in Order/Chaos and declaring wars on whoever accepting them.

While "PKing" i did it for the fame. Becomming a feared PK, leading the bounty-boards. And of course i did it for the thrill. Knowing that dieing would mean to lose my character made it special and yes, it was part of the PK experience. Its not like you could macro up from 80 to 100 in 3-4 hours like on UOF.

Related to what you just wrote, should you be "punished" for dieing in such a fight? against (more or less) skilled players? against guys who clearly consent in PvP? of course not...

Should you be punished for hunting/harassing noobs, PvE'rs or whatever? Well... Of course we play a Fel-Ruleset (and even having no PK, i would quit if that ever changed)... it's possible and part of the game. Playing here, you kinda accept that.. As a red, by taking the risk of reward (yeah that blue guy with 12k on him, who was too lazy to bank) you should also take a risk of loss. That one is in place at the moment with the 48h statsloss... Losing, would take your PK out for 48 hours. Having so many chars with 3 accounts takes that risk out of the table. (also you have also the options to call in your friends to save your head or come back with your blue character and get it yourself back). And thats the reason the DEVs want to change something. The "risk" has become minimal...

You all talk about PvP and you mean PKing.. theres TONS of ways you can PvP without statsloss (48hours or permanent).. you can declare wars (is that in?) or join factions/order-chaos and fight like-minded guys. Having real challenges... What most ppl on here are looking for, is to be able to do whatever they want, whenever they want, totally risk-free.. And that somehow feels like a "PK-Trammel"...

Still... i don't know if perma statsloss is the solution to this issue... A money buyout could be implemented too.. so you have the choice.. macro up or pay a price...

Cheers
ex.

Budcookie

Grandmaster
I havent been to a dungeon since i started the auction house, which is killing it btw. I will say that for a time around the start if the year it got pretty frustrating to go to any dungeon and not more than two minites and a red ran through. That being said, im pretty badass at hunting quickly and I can recall like a mofo. Also, I got bored pvming and made a heal mage, best template imo for noob pvpers. I die pvping, alot, mostly idocing, and its way more fun than dying to reds in a dungeon. Pvp isnt broken here, you just have to go look for it, pking sucks but makes pvm more exciting. Good thread, good read:-D

God.RG

Grandmaster
change the culture of magery back to magery from the stunpunch it really is. 4s spear / 2s punch is more realistic than 4s/4s given that magery is a sure thing and dex is a coin toss. The amount of punch trios is amazering now so punch could probably use a nerf-derf.

edit* Maybe put a very small cooldown on pouches as well. I think the result may also be that poisoner mages become more valuable in groups if this happens.

It seems like the feild has been lacking in the template diversity department of late, that's all. Maybe boost up the warhammer min a tad?
Nerf?
No. If you're getting stun punched by 3 ppl, it's time to just lay down and die at that point.

Cino

Master
To everyone talking about perma stat "killing pvp", wouldn't that just encourage you to seek pvp elsewhere? Would you log in and say to yourself, "oh I can't kill people farming in dungeons anymore without risking perma stat? Guess I'll log back out." Honestly having to go recalling dungeon to dungeon looking for 1v1's is tedious and pretty redundant. There is an entire goddamn world we can fight in, maybe this could encourage pvp hotspots where if you want actual pvp you can readily find it. Not being able to run around dungeons chasing people with their slayer weapons and meta pets really effects that much people here? With all that said I feel champ zones should be an exception because if your going to be able to obtain potential millions of gold in scrolls, you sure as hell should be ready to defend it.

God.RG

Grandmaster
To everyone talking about perma stat "killing pvp", wouldn't that just encourage you to seek pvp elsewhere? Would you log in and say to yourself, "oh I can't kill people farming in dungeons anymore? Guess I'll log back out." Honestly having to go recalling dungeon to dungeon looking for 1v1's is tedious and pretty redundant. There is an entire goddamn world we can fight in, maybe this could encourage pvp hotspots where if you want actual pvp you can readily find it. Not being able to run around dungeons chasing people with their slayer weapons and meta pets really effects that much people here? With all that said I feel champ zones should be an exception because if your going to be able to obtain potential millions of gold in scrolls, you sure as hell should be ready to defend it.
It's all fine w me except champ zones. That's it.

Especially lower levels.. Die there killing noobs, catch perma stat. Idgaf, but I also don't roam shame and despise 1

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
To everyone talking about perma stat "killing pvp", wouldn't that just encourage you to seek pvp elsewhere? Would you log in and say to yourself, "oh I can't kill people farming in dungeons anymore without risking perma stat? Guess I'll log back out." Honestly having to go recalling dungeon to dungeon looking for 1v1's is tedious and pretty redundant. There is an entire goddamn world we can fight in, maybe this could encourage pvp hotspots where if you want actual pvp you can readily find it. Not being able to run around dungeons chasing people with their slayer weapons and meta pets really effects that much people here? With all that said I feel champ zones should be an exception because if your going to be able to obtain potential millions of gold in scrolls, you sure as hell should be ready to defend it.

mayne.. we talking wands and ish now bruh, you late tho.

exince

Grandmaster
With all that said I feel champ zones should be an exception because if your going to be able to obtain potential millions of gold in scrolls, you sure as hell should be ready to defend it.

continuing the logic i'd say this....:

"But if you're going to be able to obtain potential millions of gold for others effort (1hour champ-mobs killing), you sure as hell should be ready to RISK something"

its not that you can't pk in champ spawns anymore. you can die and lose, thats it.. true or not?

Cino

Master
I feel it's a bit different when your talking about people hunting liches and earth elementals as those players literally have 0% chance of fighting back. This could do much more harm to the shard, deterring new players and such. From the champ spawns that I've done, I've noticed there are much more blues and people who work together than reds attacking. You're talking 1-3 reds coming to the end of the champ spawn when we've got 8+ guys to defend, the odds should already be in our favor. For me personally 1 hour of champ killing doesn't really trade off the potential to people losing a bunch of their skills permanently. Some tweaks are definitely needed, but yes I agree they should have some penalty, like maybe account wide lock out of the champ zone until the boss is killed + a few minutes after, AND the potential to be temp statted.

I would consider champs extreme late game, and with the new ultra rares that can drop off bosses, along with ps's.. I feel you need to have the skillset to both kill mobs efficiently, and defend yourself efficiently. It should be more difficult than just hacking mobs down over and over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strife

Master
Could we make perma-stat loss in lower level dungeons only? This way we protect our new guys from killed and eventually pushed off the shard and keep the high gold per hr. areas free for PKs to roam ?