Serious question

K A Z

Grandmaster
first level: 72 hours statloss
second level: 48 hours statloss
third level: 24 hours statloss
fourth + : 12 hours statloss

outside dungeons: zero statloss (except for graveyards and mines, also apply 72 hours to that)

Statloss happenz as soon as you die. No buying your head back.

edit: obviously this would need some altering for quite a few dungeons. Ice for example would be rather hard to classify since it has a newbie area right at the entrance but also has high end mobs at the end of it.

Cino

Master
I still say perma instead of temp besides champ spawns, stop pking in dungeons so much and start pvping in the open world - in the long run it'll be more fun for everyone trust me :p

K A Z

Grandmaster
I still say perma instead of temp besides champ spawns, stop pking in dungeons so much and start pvping in the open world - in the long run it'll be more fun for everyone trust me :p

it would definitely not be about me but yeah.. i don't see the point in perma statloss in 2014. There's only so much UO community left, no need to make it super hard for people. Tempstatloss is ways better than perma as its not as discouraging. This Shards super easy anyways, why pick on ONE aspect of the game and make it super hard?

Cino

Master
Well the reason why this topic is being discussed is because it heavily effects both sides of the argument, and addresses pvp which is a gigantic part of uo in itself, by deterring pking in dungeons and encouraging pvp in the open, wouldn't that be in the right direction to improving overall population? We still have the option to pick on farmers, you just have to be a lot more careful and willing to either bring a group or deal with stat, but now you have the option of pking and pvping elsewhere as much as you want. What do you mean by the shard being super easy? I played reds during global stat loss pre trammel, now that was what I consider super hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oh and you can NEVER make champ zones FFA.

People lose sight of who the real enemy is very fast when a blue has flagged nearby. This would have very negative consequences and just make things easier for one or two guilds to run the show.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Oh and you can NEVER make champ zones FFA.

People lose sight of who the real enemy is very fast when a blue has flagged nearby. This would have very negative consequences and just make things easier for one or two guilds to run the show.

If not FFA, then no statloss at least. I like those moments of uneasy peace when everyone is gray but no one wants to fire the first shot. I've met and farmed with people in khaldun, I'm sure grays can work together on a champ.

exince

Grandmaster
the moment you turn champs from end-game pve to endgame pvp, you risk losing the pve players

you sure you wanna take that risk?

who will the pk's pk, when there is no pve around? the pvp guys? lol

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
the moment you turn champs from end-game pve to endgame pvp, you risk losing the pve players

I see champs as end game pve/pvp, for large organized groups. It's a great tool for spurring pvp (especially if it's FFA or no-stat), plus it's good for the pve guys as well.

Same as anything in UO: you have to be able to protect what is yours, or risk losing it.

Cino

Master
It should have both aspects built within it, being a fel only shard where there is phat lewtz to be had, there most likely will be pvp. Not everyone has to pvp, but there should be a balance. The people who are doing champs and aren't too fond of the potential pvp/pk aspect should group with others who are willing to defend the spawn and participants in it.

halygon

Grandmaster

The moment a UO player pegs himself as only a PvE person is the moment that they have set themselves up for a huge disappointment and lots of frustration.

exince

Grandmaster
The moment a UO player pegs himself as only a PvE person is the moment that they have set themselves up for a huge disappointment and lots of frustration.
rlly? i dont' know.. i have no interest in pvp... still i dont' care if i die.. not much anything on me anyway..

but yeah.. maybe i've been long enough on the other side of the fence.. back in osi days i did nothing but pvp and the most cash i ever had was like 200k..

i accept being pk'ed and dieing as normal.. thats what keeps me coming back to uo... the thrill..

but as pve guy you have more to lose (meta pet xp) than the average pk, then something is seriously wrong...

exince

Grandmaster
why shouldnt the end game, expensive item areas be contested? uo is risk
again.. i'm not against risk.. but there shall be risk for both...

why would a pve be risking a scroll (120 taming, some mils worth) after 1-2 hours fightign and a pk trying to snatch it for 0-10 effort risking nothing (no statsloss) be fair?

yeah.. as blue you do the work.. you risk losing it to a pk.. as a pk you risk getting something for almost zero effort. but you can also loose.. sounds ok to me..

i'd take the risk. with some skills.. no question :)

lost

Grandmaster
lets just all screw PK's and see how fun the world will be for everyone, how the population goes down, how little risk there will be for trammies and how long that keeps their powerscrolls exciting. its always same song and dance but pk's are players too, contributing players and also tamers, provo archers, crafters, economy drivers etc.

better yet, i think champs should be limited to one per day per account, if pk's can have their fun limited permanently to how many hours online they can macro, why not limit the fun of tamers too?

girana

Grandmaster
to be honest i dont see why all these "trammies" think perma stat will lowering the amount of PKs

for me its more punishing to lose my head and being stat for 48h as i have to macro for 2-3hours to get my skills back

Cino

Master
I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't talking about or even thinking about wanting to lower the amount of pks. All I want to see is more encouragement to bring pvp/pking on the mainland, and discourage people searching for easy targets who simply cannot fight back (unless you're serious about it and either bring friends or know how to handle yourself alone). No perma around champ spawns but still some type of penalty for screwing up your chances at stealing scrolls at the expense of others work. Honestly it's been pretty hard lately to find pvp out in the open, I only find good fights around idocs which is ok but not nearly enough for a functioning pvp population. Maybe that's why there's so much pking helpless targets in the first place? Or are the people who choose killing noobs just too weak to handle players who fight back?

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't talking about or even thinking about wanting to lower the amount of pks. All I want to see is more encouragement to bring pvp/pking on the mainland, and discourage people searching for easy targets who simply cannot fight back (unless you're serious about it and either bring friends or know how to handle yourself alone). No perma around champ spawns but still some type of penalty for screwing up your chances at stealing scrolls at the expense of others work. Honestly it's been pretty hard lately to find pvp out in the open, I only find good fights around idocs which is good but nearly not enough.

12 hours stat at champs, after head turned in? And maybe allow buy back for 25k+, to give a little incentive for people to hang around on blue pvp chars?