Q) Why do I still play UO? A) PKs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexington

Grandmaster
that was back when there was no voice communication / people still played in internet cafes, and back when only a few people actually had AssistUO, wasnt it? Permastatloss would be a joke in 2015 and a huge turn-off for everyone who's not a faggy trammy.

Maybe the original perma statloss system... but not the short and long term. UO assist was in and so was voice over IP. I don't see what the big deal is... if you're over 5 short term counts then you either macro for (x) amount of time or be a dumb shit and take the statloss.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Maybe the original perma statloss system... but not the short and long term. UO assist was in and so was voice over IP. I don't see what the big deal is... if you're over 5 short term counts then you either macro for (x) amount of time or be a dumb shit and take the statloss.

you're just fucking crazy and have no clue how PKing on UOF is (because you've only been on the receiving side, ever). Just the other day I attacked some kid in Deceit lvl 3, and when I died at Deceit lvl 5 entrance I had about 15 blues from 2 different factions and 3 different guilds on my ass - all on blues. Go figure.

Guwap

Grandmaster
you're just fucking crazy and have no clue how PKing on UOF is (because you've only been on the receiving side, ever). Just the other day I attacked some kid in Deceit lvl 3, and when I died at Deceit lvl 5 entrance I had about 15 blues from 2 different factions and 3 different guilds on my ass - all on blues. Go figure.

Kaz this is the guy trying to buy tamer meta relics for 1m. Out of touch with PKing is only the tip of the iceberg. Lex did you wanna answer my question from earlier or nah?

And for all you crybabies complaining (unnecessarily) about FACTION reds in town....do you know where TB/CoM base is? Do you know how sigils work? No? Then stfu about reds in town.

Lexington

Grandmaster

And... so you should and when they kill you, you as a red character should be willing to accept your punishment shouldn't you??

Lexington

Grandmaster
Kaz this is the guy trying to buy tamer meta relics for 1m. Out of touch with PKing is only the tip of the iceberg. Lex did you wanna answer my question from earlier or nah?

And for all you crybabies complaining (unnecessarily) about FACTION reds in town....do you know where TB/CoM base is? Do you know how sigils work? No? Then stfu about reds in town.

Sorry... what was the question?

did you have a relic for sale :)

FYI...we have all done our fair share of Pking... or we wouldn't still be playing UO

Guwap

Grandmaster
Sorry... what was the question?

did you have a relic for sale :)
Who was that directed at? The comment about joining factions just to have PK benefits without doing anything faction related. Because if you knew anything about the state of PvP and PK on the server you wouldn't have clicked post reply on that.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
1. you dont play any reds, you are on a parry dexer 18 hours a day.

2. u named off tba trin hi as trammy. when u are in the biggest tram guild.

3. the reds need a big group, i would find it bad if the red group was much larger than the blue groups but fact is your blue group is bigger.

4. your only messaging as a trammy blue that wants less reds, so u can do more free champs and get more handouts.

BWAHAHAHAaaaa!! *Ahem*

Famara needs his own title scroll, "The Butt Hurt". Keep on keepin' on brotha. You just keep bein' you man, keep those posts about PvP coming even though you are never around to witness any of it. I'll keep battling it out in factions and on my reds bro. Maybe one day you'll figure it out. Until then keep res'ing those dragons.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Who was that directed at? The comment about joining factions just to have PK benefits without doing anything faction related. Because if you knew anything about the state of PvP and PK on the server you wouldn't have clicked post reply on that.

It's directed at the multiple groups of faction reds that are running around in dungeons pking the solo PVM players. I guess it must be a new part of Faction PVP, eh?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any issue with real Pks... but the Pks running around with faction tags pretending they are real factions PVPers.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Surely those blue pvmers could join a guild with pvpers in it though. Risk free farming is not a good thing, and that's what it seems like a lot of people want.

I think in UO you should be prepared to fight for what you are after or risk losing it. Too many people wanting things handed to them.

If people want safe income with no risk of death, they should make a tailor.
I absolutely agree, that's why I made a character that I can do both hunt and PvP at the same time with. It took a lot of tweaking and experimenting and it's been more rewarding than calling for gates, resses or help.

God.RG

Grandmaster
It's directed at the multiple groups of faction reds that are running around in dungeons pking the solo PVM players. I guess it must be a new part of Faction PVP, eh?

Don't get me wrong, I don't have any issue with real Pks... but the Pks running around with faction tags pretending they are real factions PVPers.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The guild that OP is about is heavily involved in factions. Please keep your mouth shut when it comes to talking about things you know nothing about, especially when it can lead to changes that wouldn't even affect you in the long run.

Realistically, how many champs are done a day? How many get raided successfully?
For every EQMS there is a shitty blue Zerg like rekt. There is your solution. If rekt wasn't such a pussified guild, they would be out fighting them. Instead they would rather call in on solo pks and insta stat while talking shit.

This post obviously came from a dude that got ganked once or twice by EQMS, but on reality he would have died even to 1 or 2 pks.

Make the players come up with a solution. This is a sandbox game, and that's what we are supposed to do.

Got a blue Zerg chasing you and your one or two red guildies? Set a fucking trap for them (oh wait we got jailed for that, aka coming up with a solution to kill the zerglings that will insta stat.)

Tl;dr I guarantee there are more blue "zergs" than reds atm. Quit bitching and figure out a solution.

Edit: also take out the fact that blues get 25k or however much for insta statting. The point of negotiation for the head is to see whether or not they actually get money or throw it away to get rid of the pk for however long. The way it is now, people just insta stat knowing they get paid either way. It's bullshit.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Karl, two things...
1) no fun in that.. if recall macro was all you do then it puts playing against PK into the mining category, boring as hell.
2) either you have nerves of steel and no natural fight or flight reflex in order that your recall macro is so damned foolproof, or you are a PK and trying to make it sound like getting PK'd is a choice the victim makes.. aka its the victims fault.
If they didn't wear those shiny clothes and carry those gold pieces on them though...they're kinda asking for it

FAMARA

Grandmaster
BWAHAHAHAaaaa!! *Ahem*

Famara needs his own title scroll, "The Butt Hurt". Keep on keepin' on brotha. You just keep bein' you man, keep those posts about PvP coming even though you are never around to witness any of it. I'll keep battling it out in factions and on my reds bro. Maybe one day you'll figure it out. Until then keep res'ing those dragons.

im not the blue trammy crying to have reds nerfed.

keep on keepin on ur parry dexer LOL

Lexington

Grandmaster
You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The guild that OP is about is heavily involved in factions. Please keep your mouth shut when it comes to talking about things you know nothing about, especially when it can lead to changes that wouldn't even affect you in the long run.

Realistically, how many champs are done a day? How many get raided successfully?
For every EQMS there is a shitty blue Zerg like rekt. There is your solution. If rekt wasn't such a pussified guild, they would be out fighting them. Instead they would rather call in on solo pks and insta stat while talking shit.

This post obviously came from a dude that got ganked once or twice by EQMS, but on reality he would have died even to 1 or 2 pks.

Make the players come up with a solution. This is a sandbox game, and that's what we are supposed to do.

Got a blue Zerg chasing you and your one or two red guildies? Set a fucking trap for them (oh wait we got jailed for that, aka coming up with a solution to kill the zerglings that will insta stat.)

Tl;dr I guarantee there are more blue "zergs" than reds atm. Quit bitching and figure out a solution.

I didn't mention one guild name...but you sure seem to feel the need to defend yourself?? Got some issue with me?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Ok what if the answer really is trammel?

Ok settle down and read first.

So the problem that we are worried about is population. Large groups is population so we don't want to nerf them into oblivion. Individual farmers are population and we want them to not dread every farming session and quit either. So what if we made the entire dungeon of despise trammel rule set but in true risk vs reward style nerf the crap out if the reward. Champ drops 1 scroll. Gold is dropped to 25%. Ss drop reduced.

This would give players trying to get on their feet a safe place to grind out enough wealth that they will be invested in the server and stay but will most likely move on to other dungeons for the greater rewards once they are adequately supplied.

This should end the blues quiting and have minimal impact on Reds as most Blues would still opt to farm the more lucrative areas.

The argument for more pk punishment would now be responded to by "go farm trammy despise".

In the end both sides will complain about this suggestion because it does nothing for 95% of the map and it does give a spot where you can't pk. So if everyone is upset it must be perfect.
Expected a lot more hate for this idea. Everyone to busy arguing with someone else? Or this idea just not offend anyone and maybe should be put in.

TL DR: make a tiny trammel with crap rewards where players can go but will eventually always choose pk world because everyone is greedy.

Deriz

Grandmaster
1. We rarely goto dungeons unless theres some sort of event(champ, etc) -- we quit UOF the first time because dungeon PKing gets old. We are PVPers looking for a fight -- we are red factioners because we want to be able to kill anyone we see and get the most pvp possible.

2. Is EQMS the only group thats capable of grouping up and working together? Why are we being punished for our organizational skills? Show me another guild that charges 100k for members to join as a way to keep down mass recruits.
Does not the Rekt/Hi alliance have 50 actives? Why dont they group up and pvp against us? This is the same kind of b.s. that ruined OSI -- instead of people working together, they'd rather cry to the admins for nerfs(cough cough CoM).

3. There is no God but Gluttony and Peepin Tom is his prophet.

1. Rekt is a lot smaller than you guys talk about for one. We can get maybe 6-8 pvpers on a good day.

2. You are not being punished, the red system is a joke here and you know it. If you guys were true reds you wouldnt bat an eyelash at short term murder counts, and if you die and res you get perma stat unless your short terms were macrod off. ( Just like OSI this is nothing new) The rules here are more trammy for reds than anyone else.

Let the trammy red tears flow.

On a serious note, I think short term (8 hours per count) and perma stat if you die and res is a good solution. This forces reds to play like reds were intended to be played. Reds were spose to be higher risk characters. People here act like playing a red makes you good, but the truth is a red here is the same thing as a blue. There is no more risk playing a red than a blue, you just get to grief people more thats all.

Lexington

Grandmaster
1. Rekt is a lot smaller than you guys talk about for one. We can get maybe 6-8 pvpers on a good day.

2. You are not being punished, the red system is a joke here and you know it. If you guys were true reds you wouldnt bat an eyelash at short term murder counts, and if you die and res you get perma stat unless your short terms were macrod off. ( Just like OSI this is nothing new) The rules here are more trammy for reds than anyone else.

On a serious note, I think short term (8 hours per count) and perma stat if you die and res is a good solution. This forces reds to play like reds were intended to be played. Reds were spose to be higher risk characters. People here act like playing a red makes you good, but the truth is a red here is the same thing as a blue. There is no more risk playing a red than a blue, you just get to grief people more thats all.

^ This!!

God.RG

Grandmaster
Most of these whiners are the same people that EXPECT to win every event thrown at them and EXPECT prizes and handouts. Guess what girls..better work hard to win this battle.
This exactly.

It's the same people that ***** about not getting a free handout on a free server because they didn't care to stay logged in (even when they knew they had to be)

Or the ones that straight up complain about what the handout is.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster

sorry mate but you just can't be taken seriously. anyone that just lurks on factioners field fights while on a blue, doesn't play a red or play their faction toon deserves no say in the matter. If the penalties weren't stiff already i'm sure you would play or make a red. i was in 48 hour stat didn't play for two days and glut has spent 100k in the past 2 days to get his head back. @Lord Hampton Royce & @GluttonySDS know what i'm talking about when i say you've been lurking on faction fights with random blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.