Once Upon A Thief...

Liberty

Grandmaster
Greed is the name of the game eh? People with meta-pets, they go-to spawns, completely obliterate everything PVM based and are now turning their attention to PVP which will eventually turn into a right mess. Bards, a few clicks of a few buttons using necessary skills and can earn at least 10,000 gold every ten minutes, craftsmen, they get all the bods, slayer weapons and everything nice and tasty. A thief can perhaps steal one item once in a while, sell it and have to resort to countless guard-wacks *not forgetting getting murdered a second time because perma-grey is not removed from guard wacks.*

As for hate, how many people can you legitimately remember from times gone by who have have farmed monsters and been a role model to others and become set in stone forever? One, two? How many looters, thieves and murderers can you remember? Two or three per server and countless others going back over the years. Thieves are just as much a part of the ecosystem as anyone else, yes there are bad apples who insist on ruining it for all the other legitimate thieves and those are the people which should be banned personally.

Your hate for thieves grows Liberty, I guess one burned you pretty hard in the past eh?

Actually, no. I have lost very little to thieves. I was just having a little RP fun with my post which was misinterpreted horribly. For that I am sorry. I'll stick to calling out assholes who condone and promote mass death and terrorism.

SpyderBite

Expert
If I want power scrolls, I just stalk players who are restocking their vendors outside of their house. Happens more often than you'd think. ^^

Darkarna

Grandmaster
hmm i had not heard of this script, but i dont champ much these days. however, it makes sense as a good way to counter the script stealers, personally i have always used the holding the PS trick, and i see nothing wrong with it, stealing is about taking advantage of the careless, not getting free shit from everyone.

and yes i played a thief here, then i found out how broken the mechanics are, and that because of that things were in place to counter them (i.e. the docks) an decided it wasn't worth a char slot to steal regs and vanqs at the bank, so i deleted it.

I would love to see a Thief overhaul, fixing the broken mechanics and removing the docks, but even with that the primary issues is still there, Script stealing, untill someone comes up with a counter for this thieves will always be nerfed because no person is as fast as a script.

And still you avoid answering my question what is it you want? the reason you avoid this is because you are just here to ***** about how hard you have it as a thief, but get this, nobody cares.

What do I want? I would love to see the removal of steam, I would love for thieves to have more love and attention, I would love for the removal of safe zones *which I just heard that Britain bank inside, is to be the new safe-zone*..

Mostly, I just want thieves to be left alone.

As for nobody caring, that applies to you and maybe a few others only Mess, so obviously people do care..

Edit : Let me elaborate a little on love and care to stop another repeat of the same question : a private spot for thieves such as a hideaway somewhere *We had one but someone decided to put a portal there*, which is designed only for thieves who can role-play a little, maybe a title and a better disguise kit to name a few things..

Dellan

Grandmaster
and yes i played a thief here, then i found out how broken the mechanics are, and that because of that things were in place to counter them (i.e. the docks) an decided it wasn't worth a char slot to steal regs and vanqs at the bank, so i deleted it.

Then you know jack shit about thievery my friend. Stealing shitty regs and vanqs at bank is what total noobs do, so congratulations, you proved yourself as one. You have no fucking clue what is it like, playing a thief.

Berlusconi, my best boy, has house full of items. Worth around 100+mil. All of them, stolen, each and every one. You really know jack shit about our trade, ya newb.

And still you avoid answering my question what is it you want? the reason you avoid this is because you are just here to ***** about how hard you have it as a thief, but get this, nobody cares.

I am still waiting for your answer on my question. And you still avoid. Show me where are our skills so broken they can't be countered.

Messremb

Grandmaster
What do I want? I would love to see the removal of steam, I would love for thieves to have more love and attention, I would love for the removal of safe zones *which I just heard that Britain bank inside, is to be the new safe-zone*..

Mostly, I just want thieves to be left alone.

As for nobody caring, that applies to you and maybe a few others only Mess, so obviously people do care..

i support the removal of steam, but wont happen, even more people cry about that than cry about thieves.

safes zones i would be ok with being removed if they fix stealing and stealthing. it forces players to prepare or suffer the consequences, as it is now, thieves are to OP for there not to be safe trade zones, even the most prepared could be taken with the current mechanics.

Dellan

Grandmaster
i support the removal of steam, but wont happen, even more people cry about that than cry about thieves.

safes zones i would be ok with being removed if they fix stealing and stealthing. it forces players to prepare or suffer the consequences, as it is now, thieves are to OP for there not to be safe trade zones, even the most prepared could be taken with the current mechanics.

You haven't caught a glimpse of what we were talking here about at all... This thread is not about being UP as a thief. Only fool who came blasting at thieves here is you. This thread is about how people can rage at having one item stolen and cry for nerfs when they can easily counter it.

And please, do not evade my question. I want to see one skill that cannot be countered.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Then you know jack shit about thievery my friend. Stealing shitty regs and vanqs at bank is what total noobs do, so congratulations, you proved yourself as one. You have no fucking clue what is it like, playing a thief.

Berlusconi, my best boy, has house full of items. Worth around 100+mil. All of them, stolen, each and every one. You really know jack shit about our trade, ya newb.

I am still waiting for your answer on my question. And you still avoid. Show me where are our skills so broken they can't be countered.
you asked what was broken and i showed you, stop being a newb and get your head out of your ass. thieves had a glory day it was back in the real UOR when they actually took skill and their skills were balanced, here they take no skill and have their skills imbalanced.

Also i played a thief in UOR, and i played a thief here. I know the bank is not the place to get the good loot, but i wasn't into spending hours following around players hoping that they would unlock something in their house.

besides you really going to use a former staff member who got the boot as someone to emulate?

Messremb

Grandmaster
You haven't caught a glimpse of what we were talking here about at all... This thread is not about being UP as a thief. Only fool who came blasting at thieves here is you. This thread is about how people can rage at having one item stolen and cry for nerfs when they can easily counter it.

And please, do not evade my question. I want to see one skill that cannot be countered.
lol you are such a dumb ass, everything in this game can be countered, what you are saying is all players should be forced to use 4x chars cause they need 3 skills dedicated to preventing thieves? you are the such a noob you didn't even know that your skills were broken and you call me a noob. please go back to your bitching on the forums, every time i see one of these threads i cant help but call you lame ass excuses of thieves out for being whiny bitches. thanks for proving my point. continue.

Dellan

Grandmaster
That former staff booted HIMSELF. He was a superb thief way before he even got anything to do with staff, ya twat. You keep yapping like thieves require no skills here and that broken mechanics are so broken that we are simply totally overpowered. I still wait for that something about thieves THAT CANNOT BE COUNTERED. So, get your head out of your ass and show me that something.

Btw, none of thieves I know would go suicidal over having old school skills. We'd still steal and find our ways. Did that on uoforever, will do anywhere. Your so called OMGTOTALLYBROKENOP mechanics have nothing to do with how we get our wealth.

Dellan

Grandmaster
lol you are such a dumb ass, everything in this game can be countered, what you are saying is all players should be forced to use 4x chars cause they need 3 skills dedicated to preventing thieves? you are the such a noob you didn't even know that your skills were broken and you call me a noob. please go back to your bitching on the forums, every time i see one of these threads i cant help but call you lame ass excuses of thieves out for being whiny bitches. thanks for proving my point. continue.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

You actually really want that template with 20 000 skill points! Ahahaha...

You know why you have only 700 skill points? Everyone has his place. His profession. His skills. Forces people to cooperate and get together. You are clearly playing different game, singleplayer MMO.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Btw, none of thieves I know would go suicidal over having old school skills. We'd still steal and find our ways. Did that on uoforever, will do anywhere. Your so called OMGTOTALLYBROKENOP mechanics have nothing to do with how we get our wealth.

back peddle much, I am all for thieves being returned to their former glory, said so from the start.

i think tamers should get broken skills now too. i want 100% control with no lore, and i want pets that port onto my targets. shouldn't be an issue right, cause having no downside to broken skills and mechanics it totally legit.

Darkarna

Grandmaster

I think you might find by going back and searching about thieves, I and maybe one or two others will bring this to the forums to talk about something which other thieves might be a little apprehensive to discuss. Once again, this is NOT about crying, this is about discussing a very common thing which has happened over SO many servers. It was completely wrecked on OSI, completely wrecked on those other places which will not be mentioned and the same seemingly applies here also.

What do you expect? To stay silent and hope it gets reverted back to its former glory? This will never happen. As for stealth, that can be fixed as long as tracking and detect is fixed. As for counters, there is a complete class waiting to be used which is a very good deterrent, this class is called a detective..

Dellan

Grandmaster

back peddle much, I am all for thieves being returned to their former glory, said so from the start.

i think tamers should get broken skills now too. i want 100% control with no lore, and i want pets that port onto my targets. shouldn't be an issue right, cause having no downside to broken skills and mechanics it totally legit.

Mate, wtf are you on? Tamers? You really take most overpowered skill to counter the fact that people like you are lazy to counter our skills with other skills that were made for it? Instead, you will keep calling us whiny bitches? You got no idea what it requires to pull off a great theft. What is it to be a thief. All you see is toon with stealing and stealth.

I see an artist that has to think outside the box to win. Thief is only class where you win by outsmarting your opponents, which you will never manage to do. Go back to your taming and never touch anything thief related, please.

Or show me that one skill that cannot be countered, I am still waiting.

Cack

Grandmaster
If you aren't hated you're doing it wrong. Just my viewpoint on it. Ppl hated super obese man when I played him. Crafters especially.
You know it's funny ....reds don't complain very much and thieves can rob them blind with little risk. Yet some blue who lost a van cuz he left it in his pack, ask while he went and made hot pockets, and it's gone when he gets back complains to no end.
This is uo. You can be killed just about anywhere and you can be jacked anywhere.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
So true... so true...

...hence the locked/trapped box...

This should be nerfed, seriously, I mean how unfair it is for all nimble fingers unable to open said boxes of hell... or boxes of hell that blow up...

Same as blacksmith hammers, they are OP also... and bods...and the crafting area.... Hey that is a thought, why the hell do crafter's get their own crafting spot ... HOW unfair is that...